"Sparking!" - Official "I Have It" Topic

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 pm

Since some of you are mentioning places you've gotten stuck at, I would like to do the same.

I am currently in the Freeza gate, and I've battled Freezas' forms, up to his final (not 100%,) and had no problem until that form. Does anyone have any tips that might be helpful for that battle?
Note: I've tried several tactics already (jump up and away, among others,) and yet he still manages to drop me down to very, very low health in a matter of a few seconds, and it's considerably irritating.

Also: This is the non-SSJ Goku battle.

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:55 pm

:lol: What i did was a cheap tactic. You know how if you hold the triangle button it realeses a big energy blast? Just keep doing that when he gets back up and stay a long distance away. (^^)

Anyways i finally survived with SS3 Goku but now i have to have Vegeta survive for 2 minutes against mini buu and it's pissing me off cause i keep dieing in like 20 seconds!!!! Anyone beat this part yet and if so give me some tips please~~~!!!!
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:24 pm

AznMastah wrote::lol: What i did was a cheap tactic. You know how if you hold the triangle button it realeses a big energy blast? Just keep doing that when he gets back up and stay a long distance away. (^^)

Anyways i finally survived with SS3 Goku but now i have to have Vegeta survive for 2 minutes against mini buu and it's pissing me off cause i keep dieing in like 20 seconds!!!! Anyone beat this part yet and if so give me some tips please~~~!!!!
That's were I'm stuck. I got down to 7 seconds left but then I died. The eisiest way to win is to do the pppx combo. I havn't won yet but I have gotted very close. If anyone has any tips for me, PLEASE SHARE!!!

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:11 pm

Just hold O... It's the easiest way to survive against any opponent that is not an Oozaru.

eienmic
Not-So-Newbie

Post by eienmic » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:35 am

Anybody else extremely pissed about the so called "Master Skills" potara? All it does is makes your Lock-On ability better. Who the crap cares?! It's the last potara you're gonna get yet it feels so not worth the time and effort.

Anybody else notice the typo in the US version of the Illustrations section? It says Gogeta was first introduced in the 13th DBZ movie. Small error, yes but still an error nonetheless.

Anybody else starting to feel this game was rushed? Typos, not being able to save the language change from English to Japanese, absurb learning curve (for me, Goku vs Oozaru Vegeta was the hardest fight in the game not counting Ultimate Battle), the list keeps growing...
http://eienmic.deviantart.com/

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:44 am

If anyone is stuck on the Mr. Satan versus Kid Buu fight, I'll throw a quick tip or two out there. This is what worked for me, at least, so maybe one of you will find it helpful.

Just keep using the Square, Square, Circle combo. Yeah, the counter. Kid Buu attacks like a maniac, so he'll hit the counter almost every time, and Satan will dash backwards like a coward, giving you a good amount of space between the two of you. Be sure to throw in some L1+Triangle+Up supers to keep him at bay and give yourself time to charge up, since the counter takes energy to use. I beat the fight on my second try using that tactic. If anyone is stuck there, hopefully this will help. :)

kakashixs

Post by kakashixs » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:29 am

Yeah the language change not sticking is annoying. I'd prefer to never have to hear Goku's english VA but alas the game is not that kind hehe. Speaking of small errors that probably came from a rushed finished product; Bulma says the incorrect line when you go to switch the languages (she speaks as if your highlighting the default button just below it).

Also, on rare occasions, while altering characters in Evolution Z from the VS battle selection screen, you will sometimes be editing the wrong characters stats if that character has multiple forms (such as, I am working on Gohan then all a sudden when I back out of the editing it shows that I edited SSJ2 Gohan).

My biggest gripe of all is the INSANITY that is Goku Rank 1 in the Ultimate Battle mode. Has anyone got to him yet and beat him? The closest I got was a win in my opinion. Figure [- -] that much life left on em and I hit him with Ultimate Gohan's Super Finishing Move. Which does around [- - - -] that to him (*aprox. 7,500 dmg- 9,000 dmg). Not only does he live with no life but a charged up normal chi blast did nothing to him.

Next thing I know I am dead. I put about 4 hours of battling against him under my belt and so far I've managed to get him down to that range of death but . . . he just won't die.

::shakes head:: maybe he's not meant to be beat. Oh well, I give up for now.

After having played this game through for the past few days, Goku rank 1 aside, it's an enjoyable experience especially the multiplayer battles which come so close with my friends and I you can't help but feel as though you are caught up in one hell of a hectic battle. Next go around I'd like to see a more forgiving (lenient?) teleport/guard system.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:44 am

Bejiita wrote:It's good when you take turns on it with your brother or a friend because you get a little break and do better on the next go, I find you get annoyed when you play alone and keep losing.

About the Mr. Satan glitch, that's the only fight I've cheated on, all the others have been fair 'n square victories. now I'm on Janemba and my brother just missed the special move, and lost. My turn.
My victory against Janemba was a close call, thankfully it only took one try, plus it looked a lot like in the film: Janemba charges at Gogeta (using his Dimension Sword Attack while my life gauge is on red) and then hitting him with Gogeta's Stardust. I've got to admit the Baby Battle Gate was pathetic, one battle and no paticular finishing move, plus the epilogue mentioned absolutely nothing from the saga.

Though the line "they were released from HELL. Or HFIL in some cases..." was pretty funny.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:37 am

The Japanese language option sticks in mine. I've changed the language to Japanese and haven't heard the English voices since.

Has anyone noticed that after the language was changed to Japanese, that after a battle there is two different BGM tracks playing at the same time? This also happens in the 'end of saga' animation and text bit.....

Or is it just my copy?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:53 am

You're probably talking about the BGM that plays everytime a stage is cleared. Don't sweat it; it's on my Japanese version, too.

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:21 am

I've had no problems with the languages. It saves as Japanese on my copy, but it's a PAL copy so there might be a difference?

I've also noticed some things on the illustrations, spelling errors :?. Dont they have spellcheck? :D

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:50 am

I've had a few funny quirks with the language. After having saved just after setting, and turning the game off, when I went to play it the next day I noticed that everyone was speaking English again, but in the battle gate, if I did a KameHame-Ha, Goku would say twice, in both languages.
Oh, and the intro to battle gates were spoken in Japanese.

It's highly amusing.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:51 am

Pilgrim Sun wrote:I've had no problems with the languages. It saves as Japanese on my copy, but it's a PAL copy so there might be a difference?

I've also noticed some things on the illustrations, spelling errors :?. Dont they have spellcheck? :D
Hehe. You'd have to ask Daimao about that. He did all the translations for the game. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:54 pm

Xyex wrote:
Pilgrim Sun wrote:I've had no problems with the languages. It saves as Japanese on my copy, but it's a PAL copy so there might be a difference?

Hehe. You'd have to ask Daimao about that. He did all the translations for the game. :lol:
If it's a PAL copy, it might have gotten some extra handling. Any specifics?

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:03 pm

Funny, my version is completely bug free.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Any tips to beating oozaru Vegeta?

I have the language bug too. I think it has to do with leaving the it on japanese when you turn off the game and since when you turn it back on and its default's on english it gets confused. o_O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 pm

I completed everything a few days ago. The hardest part was the final fight in Ultimate battle. So very cheap. One punch from the #1 guy was equivalent to a Big Bang Attack from my maxed out SSJ4 Vegeta. Lame. I like fighting skilled opponents, not opponents so impossible to damage that all seems lost from the start.

This game seemed absurdly difficult in comparison to other games. Absolutely pointlessly difficult for a game that should try to appeal to a wide crowd.

It seemed to me that Dimps was a group who were much more fond of DBZ than the Sparking! development team, as it seems there was nothing really fun in the presentation (which seems kind of wonky in this game, overall) and no fun extras in the game. Pretty much all the special attacks are the same in this game, especially those concerning the different forms for each character. The 10X Kamehameha looks exactly like any other Kamehameha, and there's no Final Shine or "Atomic Blast" to be found for SSJ4 Vegeta and Majin Vegeta, respectively.

I appreciate the "survive until the clock runs out" fights. It provided a challenge that differed from fighting regular opponents till a KO or fighting insanely difficult opponents until they're done slapping you around. The SSJ2 Vegeta/Kid Buu fight in this game was quite excellent in my opinion, simply because it matched the life and death nature of the actual fight, in that Vegeta's goal is to survive rather than to win. Also, kudos to the game developers for going with my theory that Vegeta reached SSJ2 before he received the majin power-up, although it means absolutely nothing in the long run.

As for beating Oozaru Vegeta, just keep using the Kamehameha again and again if you have trouble with fighting him head on. Power up right when he's knocked down. Don't let him get close, and if he does, try sidestepping, running away (which usually proves impossible), or doing the P,P,P,P combo, holding the square button for the last attack, which should hopefully delay him long enough to flee.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:07 pm

For me I have some of the language glitch. It seems to half save the language. The game speaks English in all of the menus and in game it's a mixture between Japanese and English. I have the US version and it is SERIOUSLY a glitched up game.

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:46 pm

It appears as though the bugs were fixed for the PAL release of the game. Can anyone confirm this? I have the NTSC version.
"Look at these guns baybah! Peow, peow!" -Broli

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:59 am

Oozaru Vegeta: Yeah, keeping using Kamehamehas and tru to fly away as much as possible. Unfortunately whenever he gets close Goku locks on to him, and I still have trouble flying (it seems you can only stop full-Bukujutsu by flying into your opponent).

For all of the game, I kept the difficulty on easy, and for battles with Oozaru Vegeta and Kid Buu/Majin Boo/whatever.

I'm convinced there's no way anyone can beat this on hard with aggressive computer opponents.