I`m going to Orlando.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

I`m going to Orlando.

Post by songohan619 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:03 am

Hi, Daizex.
I`m going to Orlando, Florida in a week, and i have a question:
Is there anywhere i can by Dragon Ball stuff, or just general Manga / Anime stuff?
Thanks.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: I`m going to Orlando.

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:14 pm

In Epcot they have a store in the Japan Pavilion called the Mitsukoshi department store, and they have loads of Anime/Manga stuff.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:In Epcot they have a store in the Japan Pavilion called the Mitsukoshi department store, and they have loads of Anime/Manga stuff.
Do you know if they have DB stuff?

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 pm

It's likely, I've never been there personally, but I did see Youtube videos of it, and I know I saw a DBZ shirt.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Nice.
I`ll be looking for it there.
I`m also going to Tampa and Jackyll Island.
Someone who can help with those locations?

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:39 pm

I live in Tampa, and for a fact there is really no Dragon Ball anywhere, but if you want DVD's check stores like Target, Wal-Mart, etc. For Manga check book stores.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:44 pm

If you're just going to buy manga, might as well import Carlsen's Danish stuff than Viz's English stuff. Carlsen is far superior.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Adamant wrote:If you're just going to buy manga, might as well import Carlsen's Danish stuff than Viz's English stuff. Carlsen is far superior.
Nope, i have all the Norwegian Dragon Ball Books, so, in USA, I`m going to buy the VizBigs, The GT and Dragon Ball Box sets, and any other stuff i can find. I`m also going to buy the One Piece and Naruto Manga by Viz(Not the VizBigs) and some Pokèmon Manga.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:39 pm

If you're looking for stuff like that you can just go to the standard places. Wal-Mart or Best Buy should have the DVDs, and you can look for manga at places like Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Hastings.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:52 pm

I might be at Epcot tomorrow, I'll have to check that store.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm assuming OP is from not America? Cause best buy's and walmart's are the same everywhere for the most part, unless you're just visiting and that's the only way you can get them.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Budogenkai wrote:I'm assuming OP is from not America? Cause best buy's and walmart's are the same everywhere for the most part, unless you're just visiting and that's the only way you can get them.
What, me?
Nope, I`m from Norway.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 pm

songohan619 wrote:
Budogenkai wrote:I'm assuming OP is from not America? Cause best buy's and walmart's are the same everywhere for the most part, unless you're just visiting and that's the only way you can get them.
What, me?
Nope, I`m from Norway.
Ah. Then I would suggest trying Walmart first then anything else second. You could possibly order the Dragonball stuff you want online, then get it shipped to the store for free, all you would have to have is a credit card/paypal and a location where you would just go and pick it up.

Or Best Buy, but they overcharge on everything and they suck IMO.

As for manga, I'd go with borders/barnes & noble, both are pretty good.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:54 pm

I was in Epcot in May and they had some DB stuff. Mostly t-shirts and wall scrolls (and tons of Pokemon items). If you're an anime fan, check it out (it's probably obvious, but it's in the Japan area of the World Showcase).

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:02 pm

I didn't notice any DB/Z items. Lots of Hello Kitty, Domo-kun, Pokemon, and Ghibli stuff. There were a few obscenely price gouged Gundam model kits, too, and some miscellanous wallscrolls (Haruhi? At Disney World?).

I bought a Spirited Away artbook and postcard and called it a day.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?