"Sparking!" - Official "I Have It" Topic

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:43 am

I'm convinced there's no way anyone can beat this on hard with aggressive computer opponents.
HA! Are you kidding me? Speak for yourself!

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:40 am

h3ndrix2005 wrote:
I'm convinced there's no way anyone can beat this on hard with aggressive computer opponents.
HA! Are you kidding me? Speak for yourself!
Err, okay...?

Is it me or does Jeice say "wanker" when you choose him as your opponent?
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:54 am

Haha, I heard that too, but that was during battle. It was either when I reduced his health bar to yellow or when he used a finishing move!

It's got to be something else though, the games rated 12+.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:38 pm

It's Knuckles from Sonic Heroes yelling "Shit!" all over again. ;o;

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:55 pm

One of his opening quotes is, "Don't play stupid with me, wankah!" So yeah, he's definately saying it. Which is all the more reason to use him.

I've found some kind of bug, where all of my menu, opening/win quotes and ultimate move quotes are in english, but all other in-game sounds are Japanese. It's just.. weird.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:06 pm

I get to play it tomorow at my mates house for the first time yay!

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:11 pm

Hah, I'm quite sure that in the PAL version, or at least my version, the language bugs are all fixed.

There are no bugs in the game that I know of. :D

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:20 pm

I have the PAL version of the game, and I don't have any problems with the language staying on Japanese, only when I first switch it on before you load game Roshi speaks in English, but when it's loaded it's Japanese all the way.

As for bugs, has this happened to anyone? Ok, my brother is playing it now on Ultimate Battle and he was fighting Teen Gohan (SSJ2) and Gohan got caught in the corner of the level, between a rock and the rainbow barrier, this was on the Mountain Road level, and Gohan kept flashing and he couldn't get out of there, my brother done the high speed rush and he was still flashing while he was doing it but he was still stuck, and in the end he just beat him up and won the level.

But anyway, after you beat the Battle gate mode there's not really much left to do is there? I liked the way you could trasform during battles in B3, but I guess I could just play that if I really wanted to, and I was kind of hoping to hear nothing but different music than the Budokai games, but some of the crappy tunes from B3 are in there! They could have made fights much more fun with some of the Japanese or even dub BGM to give it the TV feel.

Oh well...roll on Budokai 5 or whatever.

Edit: And about different coloured costumes, on UB I'm Vegetto so far and I got to Vegetto to fight me, and he was dressed in a black gi with orange underneath and a yellow belt. Cool.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:38 pm

I heard about the COM getting trapped in silly places but that happens in a lot of games and the chances are that that will happen again I think are slim.

I also missed the transformations during battle, it gave it a much more anime feel where they transform at will during battle.

I was wondering, does anybody know what the red and yellow boxes mean in the Battle Gate Mode? They highlight specific fights, someone said they meant you could find a dragonball within the arena, but that isn't true, I have found dragonballs in other arenas. I just had a thought, could it mean what type of match it is? I'd check but it's late and the t.v is occupied.

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:09 am

Just yesterday, I was fighting Super 17 with Dr. Gero. LoL, after I sent him flying, I did a taunt, and 17 just started dashing back and forth. I actually waited to see when he would stop; he didn't. Only when I sent multiple ki-blasts into his face did he turn around to continue the battle. It was actually pretty hilarious. I've yet to see anything like that again, though.

Yeah, I'll miss turning super saiyan in sync with my opponent. It's wierd though; Goku can do his kaio-ken transformation in-game, but the other characters can't do shit. Whatever happened to 'fuse with Kami' or 'unlock potential'. LoL, the lazy bastards.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:05 am

It's Final Bout all over again: re-use the same characters to give the illusion of more characters. :D
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:00 am

Haha, well at least this time they gave different moves to each form. :D

Hendrix, about the COM being a twit and flying about the whole time, I had that problem with Chiaozu (SP?) in Ultimate battle mode, except he flew around the ring forcing me to chase him. In the end I had to repeatedly do the "High Speed Rush" attack to kill the annoying vampire.

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:41 pm

:?: Do you get anything special if you get to rank #1 on Ultimate Battle?
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy

Post by TheLiveActionAnimeBoy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:48 pm

My brother got this game a few weeks ago. I was blown away by the intro. Mostly by the fact that We Gotta Power was the opening theme. I especially love the part where Gokuu beats up Buu in the Shunkan Idou dimension thing. That was cool.

The game is pretty fun, but I don't like how transformations are seperate characters. To me, it's like a step back in DBZ gaming and one of the reasons why I liked Budoukai 3. The game does have some of DBZ Legends in it, but I wish this game had team battles. The camera angles are kind of shoddy and buggy, but I have a fun time with this game overall.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:33 am

The one thing I can't stand is that retarded announcer you hear in Ultimate Battle, he sounds like that guy from the Holy Grail trailer. If Spike hadn't put in about 5 different announcer voices, they would've probably squeezed in a bit more game. I'd like to have seen Pan make an appearence.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:14 pm

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy wrote:My brother got this game a few weeks ago. I was blown away by the intro. Mostly by the fact that We Gotta Power was the opening theme. I especially love the part where Gokuu beats up Buu in the Shunkan Idou dimension thing. That was cool.

The game is pretty fun, but I don't like how transformations are seperate characters. To me, it's like a step back in DBZ gaming and one of the reasons why I liked Budoukai 3. The game does have some of DBZ Legends in it, but I wish this game had team battles. The camera angles are kind of shoddy and buggy, but I have a fun time with this game overall.
We Gotta Power is the song in the intro? I didn't think it was...even on the Pal Version you mean? Because it doesn't sound like it?! I'll have to check in a second now...
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:10 pm

He means the Japanese version.

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy

Post by TheLiveActionAnimeBoy » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:41 pm

Yeah, I should ahve mentioned I got the Japanese version. When you get to some of the DBGT story arcs, it has Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku as the BGM (the instrumental version). As much as I didn't like DBGT, I still loved the music.

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:03 pm

:( Does anyone know how to get the last gate? I completed all the other ones at 100% but i don't get why i don't have the last one (>.<)
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:35 pm

Find 7 dragonballs and wish for the last battle gate from Shenron.