What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 am

CODii wrote:Bought the final DragonBall GT singles box set. I'm very happy to own the whole series in this format rather than buying the green bricks. Now it's back to buying the Dragon Boxes!
Huh, another person in this world who prefers the singles. That's always nice.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 am

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
CODii wrote:Bought the final DragonBall GT singles box set. I'm very happy to own the whole series in this format rather than buying the green bricks. Now it's back to buying the Dragon Boxes!
Huh, another person in this world who prefers the singles. That's always nice.
With the lack of digital noise reduction (screencaps of the Green Bricks look so blurry to me) and the inclusion of the Japanese songs, opening and ending animations and title cards, the singles were clearly the way to go for me.

dbzwish
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dbzwish » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 am

I finally Paid for my new Dragon Ball Z Plastic Cup Sets take alook, maybe get you some but hurry supplies are very low. I will post pictures once they arrive at my Residence.

Side Note: I did not get these just to collect them, I wanted them so i could enjoy Dragon Ball Z while holding a Dragon Ball Z themed Glass.
Goku: Their lives mean absolutely nothing to you, You're not the least bit sorry, Even now all you can think about is how to destroy me.

Gotta love Goku's pep talks

My Anime Wall Scroll Gallery. Click Here

My Full Dragonball Collection on Photobucket.

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I guess this technically counts as a purchase as I payed my younger brother to make this for me and its specifically for Dragonball.

My Dragonbox

I didn't even ask him to paint it orange, he knows me so well :D A lil temporary bit of cardboard inside to protect the DVD's from the Orange paint. I gonna get so felt material and fill the inside at a later time.
Do you know the dimensions of the outer box.. If you do all help would be appreciated...
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I've had these for a little bit but hadn't gotten around to taking photos. They're my fist two gashapon. Everything else I've bought until now has been larger. I am really liking these though. The detail on the SSJ3 Vegeta is amazing and the Namek era Vegeta is in such a cool pose. I just love the way the Dragonball reflects light.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Vegeta1984 wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I guess this technically counts as a purchase as I payed my younger brother to make this for me and its specifically for Dragonball.

My Dragonbox

I didn't even ask him to paint it orange, he knows me so well :D A lil temporary bit of cardboard inside to protect the DVD's from the Orange paint. I gonna get so felt material and fill the inside at a later time.
Do you know the dimensions of the outer box.. If you do all help would be appreciated...
Yeah I'd love to know this too, I might even make myself a black one with the dragonballs painted on if I have some free time.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 am

Dragon box 6 and Z Kai Blu-ray part 5.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:35 am

Budogenkai wrote:
Vegeta1984 wrote:

My Dragonbox

Yeah I'd love to know this too, I might even make myself a black one with the dragonballs painted on if I have some free time.
19.6cm by 30.4cm by 14.9cm is the size of the area inside the box, its enough to fit all the Dragonbox Z series in + a little wiggle room (Don't want it to be to tight)
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:27 am

CODii wrote:I've had these for a little bit but hadn't gotten around to taking photos. They're my fist two gashapon. Everything else I've bought until now has been larger. I am really liking these though. The detail on the SSJ3 Vegeta is amazing and the Namek era Vegeta is in such a cool pose. I just love the way the Dragonball reflects light.
Very excellent pick up, I'm in love with the SSJ3 Vegeta myself :P
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks Raithos. That SSJ3 Vegeta is awesome. The Digital Grade line seems to be of really high quality. Based on that one I went ahead and bought the other Digital Grade Vegeta where he is up in the air preparing to fire a ki blast. Then I also have a couple from the Imagination line coming but I can't actually remember which two I ended up buying :lol: Oh well, I will of course post photos when they come in.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 pm

CODii wrote:Thanks Raithos. That SSJ3 Vegeta is awesome. The Digital Grade line seems to be of really high quality. Based on that one I went ahead and bought the other Digital Grade Vegeta where he is up in the air preparing to fire a ki blast. Then I also have a couple from the Imagination line coming but I can't actually remember which two I ended up buying :lol: Oh well, I will of course post photos when they come in.
Yes! All excellent!, You should also get the base form Vegeta from DG series 1!

Otaku at heart.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Raithos wrote:
CODii wrote:Thanks Raithos. That SSJ3 Vegeta is awesome. The Digital Grade line seems to be of really high quality. Based on that one I went ahead and bought the other Digital Grade Vegeta where he is up in the air preparing to fire a ki blast. Then I also have a couple from the Imagination line coming but I can't actually remember which two I ended up buying :lol: Oh well, I will of course post photos when they come in.

Wow somehow I missed that one. Thanks for the heads up Raithos!

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

CODii wrote:
Raithos wrote:

*snip*
Wow somehow I missed that one. Thanks for the heads up Raithos!
No problemo :P
Otaku at heart.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:41 pm

What a day today! Even though these were all purchased from different Ebay sellers on different days, they all arrived today.

The Majin Vegeta is the one from the U.S crane games. He's a bit shorter than I expected but I still think he's great. Is that the same model as the HSCF Majin Vegeta?

And just because I think the capsule papers are fairly cool.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 pm

CODii wrote:What a day today! Even though these were all purchased from different Ebay sellers on different days, they all arrived today.

snip
snip

The Majin Vegeta is the one from the U.S crane games. He's a bit shorter than I expected but I still think he's great. Is that the same model as the HSCF Majin Vegeta?

snip
Sweet pickups, I own/love all of those figs :D Codii are you on myfigurecollection.net?
Yeah the HSCF tend to reuse molds A LOT, I swear even the SSJ3 Vegeta HSCF is just a normal Vegeta body with a different head, still nice stuff though :P
Otaku at heart.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Raithos wrote:
CODii wrote:What a day today! Even though these were all purchased from different Ebay sellers on different days, they all arrived today.

snip
snip

snip
Sweet pickups, I own/love all of those figs :D Codii are you on myfigurecollection.net?
Yeah the HSCF tend to reuse molds A LOT, I swear even the SSJ3 Vegeta HSCF is just a normal Vegeta body with a different head, still nice stuff though :P
No I'm not on that site. In fact this is the first I've heard of it.

I thought that was the same figure as the HSCF Majin Vegeta. I was just wondering because I had never bought an HSCF figure before so I didn't know what to expect. Like I said they're not quite as large as I expected. He's somewhere between a gashapon and a DX figure. They also seem to be made of a different material than the rest of my figures. He's fairly soft.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:06 am

I just bought the DBGT season sets. They were really cheap, so I thought, “why not?”
I haven't watched GT since I was ... 15 or so? I barely remember anything about it. I don't think I even watched the whole thing.
I'm looking forward to watching it in its entirety, despite a lot of people saying it's not so great.

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arique » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:44 pm

I just bought all five parts of DBZ Kai on DVD. Best $100+ ever spent! :D
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:45 am

CODii wrote:
Raithos wrote:

snip
snip

snip
No I'm not on that site. In fact this is the first I've heard of it.

I thought that was the same figure as the HSCF Majin Vegeta. I was just wondering because I had never bought an HSCF figure before so I didn't know what to expect. Like I said they're not quite as large as I expected. He's somewhere between a gashapon and a DX figure. They also seem to be made of a different material than the rest of my figures. He's fairly soft.
Well join it! My page is linked in my sig :P
It's actually quite a neat little site to use.
Yeah they're your averaged size run of the mill figure, small in stature, but I like them nonetheless.
Otaku at heart.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:01 am

I'll join up when I have some free time and am feeling motivated. Although compared to yours, my collection seems woefully inadequate :lol:

As for my most recent purchase, I picked up a copy of Super Dragon Ball Z. I really like it so far. It's nice to have a real fighting game bearing the DBZ license. The only real complaint I have so far is that the only voices in the game are the Funimation dub voices. Rather than listen to Chris Sabat's chain smoker voice when I play as my favorite character, I decided to just turn the voice volume off completely.