DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussio

Post by mysticboy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:52 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: Makes a hell of a lot of sense considering it's the last of the 'Raging Blast' series, sounds a little silly though.
How so?

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:59 am

Oh damn, they changed the release date.. it was supposed come out at the end of October, wasn't it? :(

They delayed it by 1-2 two months, they better do something special.

ShinMassa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinMassa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:37 am

Jaetinh wrote:Oh damn, they changed the release date.. it was supposed come out at the end of October, wasn't it? :(

They delayed it by 1-2 two months, they better do something special.
I think the December release date is for Japan only...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 am

If Japan really does get it that long after us, I may have to wait to buy it until I make sure they don't get any extras crammed into their version of the game. I know they've been given extra content in the past as an apology for delays, so we'll see what happens this time. Not saying it will, but precautions are useful IMO. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 pm

I know this is only for Japan but there are two reasons why moving to December is a great idea. Well for one, the past two Raging Blast games have had to privilege of being released the same day as the Call of Duty games; I think you see where I'm going with this. November, what use to be the hot spot for game releases has no become a dread zone. Many developers feel that their game will get over shadowed by the bigger more popular titles. Namco-Bandai probably feels there is a better chance to make extra cash while being far away from CoD and other bigger titles.

Another thing, Christmas. Sure, November-December is the season for holiday shopping but any parent OR GRANDPARENT looking to by a last minute gift will likely pick up the cartoon fighting game for their little Timmy. Also, during late December when all those kids have their gift cards and CoD they will be going to their local game stores to pick up the games they had lower on the list or didn't even know about. This is perfect for Dragonball. It was a smart move on their part.

Oh, and let us not forget. More development time. Whatever little bugs might be floating around might get squashed during that extra month of game testing.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 pm

But isn't Street Fighter X Tekken set for releases this Holiday season? Also where does it say for Japan only? If avoiding clashes with major title launches is what Namco Bandai is striving for, then I'd say move it back even further to maybe January or February.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:52 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:But isn't Street Fighter X Tekken set for releases this Holiday season? ... If avoiding clashes with major title launches is what Namco Bandai is striving for, then I'd say move it back even further to maybe January or February.
SF x T will come out in March. Since they're release UT for the holiday season, January or February isn't good especially if they're looking for last minute shoppers.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Mario Kart 7 are two big games I can name off the top of my head launching in December in Japan.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:I know this is only for Japan but there are two reasons why moving to December is a great idea. Well for one, the past two Raging Blast games have had to privilege of being released the same day as the Call of Duty games; I think you see where I'm going with this. November, what use to be the hot spot for game releases has no become a dread zone. Many developers feel that their game will get over shadowed by the bigger more popular titles. Namco-Bandai probably feels there is a better chance to make extra cash while being far away from CoD and other bigger titles.

Another thing, Christmas. Sure, November-December is the season for holiday shopping but any parent OR GRANDPARENT looking to by a last minute gift will likely pick up the cartoon fighting game for their little Timmy. Also, during late December when all those kids have their gift cards and CoD they will be going to their local game stores to pick up the games they had lower on the list or didn't even know about. This is perfect for Dragonball. It was a smart move on their part.

Oh, and let us not forget. More development time. Whatever little bugs might be floating around might get squashed during that extra month of game testing.
For once I agree, too bad that my birth month has become a death trap nowadays. :(

So I guess this is the end for the series, the Raging Blast ones, it would be weird for the next one to be called UB2 then again nothing is solid these days.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote:
For once I agree, too bad that my birth month has become a death trap nowadays. :(

So I guess this is the end for the series, the Raging Blast ones, it would be weird for the next one to be called UB2 then again nothing is solid these days.
Speaking of which, it appears "Ultimate" is this years big word to use on game sub titles. We've got Ultimate Butouden, Ultimate Blast/Tenka'ichi, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, etc. :|

So, is the game still Ultimate Tenka'ichi in the states and the Ultimate Blast is a JPN thing?
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Haseowolf wrote:
So, is the game still Ultimate Tenka'ichi in the states and the Ultimate Blast is a JPN thing?

Sounds like it. For whatever reason, there is rarely a unified title across the globe. Hell in the past ten years the only series I can think of with the same title in both the US and Japan is Raging Blast. it's kinda silly if you ask me.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Haseowolf wrote:

Sounds like it. For whatever reason, there is rarely a unified title across the globe. Hell in the past ten years the only series I can think of with the same title in both the US and Japan is Raging Blast. it's kinda silly if you ask me.
I think there's also Super DragonBall Z and Infinite World. Unless you mean series and not individual games.

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 pm

EDIT: Hah, wrong topic. lol

Um...maybe the news drought will be over within a month, they said there were preparing for an announcement (probably the create-a-character) for an upcoming con.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I can go through them, but I can't be 100% precise. The cards, at least the fronts, lack text for the character's forms. So in some instances you have to to go by the art, which is difficult for some of the characters, like Vegeta. I'm not sure he's been given Super Saiyan 2 yet, I haven't seen 超サイヤ人2 used anywhere, and the art doesn't help. -.-

I'll type up the list and include the "maybes" down at the bottom (there shouldn't be but a couple, maybe 3).
:? Are you in the right thread? :lol:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:06 pm

mysticboy wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I can go through them, but I can't be 100% precise. The cards, at least the fronts, lack text for the character's forms. So in some instances you have to to go by the art, which is difficult for some of the characters, like Vegeta. I'm not sure he's been given Super Saiyan 2 yet, I haven't seen 超サイヤ人2 used anywhere, and the art doesn't help. -.-

I'll type up the list and include the "maybes" down at the bottom (there shouldn't be but a couple, maybe 3).
:? Are you in the right thread? :lol:
No, and that is what I get for having multiple tabs open for different forum topics. xD

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:28 am

DBZ Ultimate Blast already exists.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 am

Hmm...now that game actually looks pretty good.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:45 am

Pushing back the game could be a good thing since it will give them time to finish the game for once. November and December are the major gaming year since we got the remake of Halo: CE, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Sonic Generations, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City coming out later this year. I have a feeling that this game is going to be over shadow by other major games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/