SS Wariors 2 (English) slated for November 28th

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:49 pm

I got Supersonic Warriors 2 today (November the 18th). It is really cool. The controls are like a combonation of Supersonic Warriors 1 and Budokai 3 on Playstation.

Control Pad - Movement
Y - Weak Attack
X - Heavy Attack
B - Guard
A - Ki
L - Transformation
R - Power up
Touch Screen - Ally Switch and Team Attack

Y+A for Energy Attacks (Like Kamehameha)
R+B for Energy Barrier
Y+ B for Throw
R+A for triple regular ki blast

I have just tried the tutorial and played half of Goku's story mode so far, but so far this is very impressive. As I unlock characters I will post here with everyone that is playable.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:24 pm

Would it be possible for you to make a video of an in game transformation and post it here?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:19 pm

Akira wrote:I got Supersonic Warriors 2 today (November the 18th). It is really cool. The controls are like a combonation of Supersonic Warriors 1 and Budokai 3 on Playstation.

Control Pad - Movement
Y - Weak Attack
X - Heavy Attack
B - Guard
A - Ki
L - Transformation
R - Power up
Touch Screen - Ally Switch and Team Attack

Y+A for Energy Attacks (Like Kamehameha)
R+B for Energy Barrier
Y+ B for Throw
R+A for triple regular ki blast

I have just tried the tutorial and played half of Goku's story mode so far, but so far this is very impressive. As I unlock characters I will post here with everyone that is playable.
God damn it. Now I'll have to pay $250 for a single video game. Damn lack of cross-compatibility. :evil: :x
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:49 pm

Akira, can you give any word on single-cart multiplayer? Does it even exist?

EDIT: Upon buying the game, I can say there's no such thing. Multi-card only. Bummer.
Last edited by Mugenmidget on Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:07 am

Whats the intro like? Is it animated or just sprites?

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:19 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Whats the intro like? Is it animated or just sprites?
The intro reminds of an SNK style opening. But there's no fully animated content like you see in Budokai 2 or 3 though.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:46 pm

My appologies for the late response. I was out of town for a few days on a hunting trip where there is no phone or internet access. I played a lot of SSW2 in the evenings though.

It has a map where you go from scenario to scenario in story mode, and you unlock new characters and moves that way as opposed to the money system used in SSW1. The one thing that annoys me about this game over the first one is the translations. So many misspelled words or attacks or numbers.

Examples:

Fusion - "Fuuu- SION - Hey!"

Ginyu in Goku's Body - "This body had a Power level of 180,000. Get ready to face a power of 180,00."

Lots of mispelled and out of place words too. Also they get the numbers of the Androids confused at times or situations confused. The translation seems extremely rushed.
The gameplay is fun though. Team attacks are always a fun thing to try out in battles. Still working on story mode. I will comment further once I unlock more stuff.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:13 pm

I'm surprised some places have it (I was alphabetizing the DS games at work today and found it). Usually, if a store releases a game too far ahead of the printed release date, they get fined.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Akira
Regular

Explanation of Street dates

Post by Akira » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:53 am

Depends on the game and if it has a solid street date or not. There are two different kinds of "Street dates".

Set Street dates are days that a game will be recieved by and be out and available by or on that date.

Solid Street dates are a specific day that a game will be released on exactly or else anyone breaking the date on it is liable for a fine.

Only a few games actually have the finable second date. Games like Halo 2 come to mind. Those games come in boxes with the warning and the solid date marked on orange labels.

The store I work at usually holds to the Set Street dates too, but employees can get stuff a day or two early in some cases. The SSW2 just came in over a week early of its set date, and the supervisor in that section said I could go ahead and grab it early if I wanted to.

Hope that clears up the differences in dates for you. Only high profile games and movies have those finable solid dates on them. Most other stuff they don't care as long as it is out before or on the set date.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:15 pm

I love SSJ3 Gotenks+Piccolo's team-up attack, its the greatest! It's too bad Tien can't join in for a lil Vollyball.

Hopefully the next Bukuu game will expand further with the team up attacks and boost a slightly bigger character selection (But nowhere near as insane as the Budokai games). Wi-Fi would also be a plus, and it would be awesome if multiple players could fight at once or join a team of fighters for some real tag-team gameplay. It would be like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in 4-Player mode.

Right now though, Bukuu is the best damn fighter on the DS, at least until the Bleach fighter arrives with its 4 player action. :P

gogetaSS

Post by gogetaSS » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:27 pm

God dang it! I don't have the money to import it, anyone know a approximate UK release? Sounds like a great game though, I enjoyed the first one.
.sseltniop si ecnetnes siht wonk ll'uoy sdrawkcab daer nac uoy fI

Tapion
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tapion » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:22 pm

If I only had a DS.. o_O

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:31 pm

This game is pretty dang good...makes me glad I bought a DS and pretty much abandon my PSP. Something weird to note, however. The term "next dimension" returns once again during story mode. It actually got a decent laugh out of me.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:49 am

Yeh I noticed that too, its messed up considering in the first game they pretty much more or less translated the script directly from the Japanese version.

Ya see? This is what happens when we get a Japanese video game before Japan does! I can't wait for Final Fantasy IV now...since we are getting that before Japan does too.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:10 pm

Eh, this is borderline on topic, but for those of you without a DS:

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000563069679/

That should make you happy. Read it.

Anyways, in an attempt to get my self back on topic, is there a shop system again, or something new to let you unlock stuff?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:00 am

Hao_Kaiser wrote:Eh, this is borderline on topic, but for those of you without a DS:

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000563069679/

That should make you happy. Read it.

Anyways, in an attempt to get my self back on topic, is there a shop system again, or something new to let you unlock stuff?
DAMN IT! Target's not in Quebec! :cry:

Sounds like a case false advertisivement to me and not a great deal on their part. Even though they're admitting to it, they're forcing everybody to prove that they lied ("bring in a copy or else!"). :P

EDIT: If they pull a stunt like "oh we ran out!" during the mentioned period, make sure you get a raincheck. By law, Canadian and American, they must give you one. You can then get the DS at the reduced price whenever you feel like (provided you show them the raincheck, naturally).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.