DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Re: DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:15 pm

hero mode for GT is their way of not having to make GT characters playable or something.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:18 pm

But GT characters should be playable. They said it.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

ShinMassa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinMassa » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:33 pm

GT characters are playable though...

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:36 pm

ShinMassa wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:As I recall i think someone here mentioned that only the "Created Character" will take part in the movies and GT. The main Story mode will only go up to Boo using the regular cast. If thats true i think theres a chance that GT nor the Movies will get fresh 2d animation :( .
Just gonna quote myself here, since I was kinda right anyway.
I'll say this again, why would they have a full fledged Janempa vs Goku fight, with dialogue down to the original material, if the regular story mode won't include the movies?
Um I dont work for Spike so I really cant speak for them. Who knows? Maybe they're just putting that in as a side mission.
Sangofe wrote:Up to Boo and including Boo is a big difference.
What does that have to do with what I said?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Yeah, we confirmation of SS4 Goku with the "SS4 Aura" item in the Create-A-Character trailer, as he would be the one to get the form if they were only giving it to one character. SS4 Vegeta and Gogeta are more than likely in, and we'll probably have Bebi Vegeta's last pre-Oozaru form, Super 17, and Yi Xing Long's two forms at the bare minimum.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I prey they have DLC.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Seriously... people are still worried about confirmation of things before they'll believe it's in the game. Let me ask you something, on what planet would Oozaru Bebi Vegeta be in a game, but not his other forms, as well as SSj4 Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta, etc.? I know he's a boss, but seriously now.

One positive thing to look forward to, is that Spike isn't going to half-ass it this time. This is their last game for this generation, and they'll want to reach maximum sales. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a roster close in size to the Sparking! series.

Fuck it, what do I care? I don't even have a PS3/XBOX360. :?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanos wrote:Let me ask you something, on what planet would Oozaru Bebi Vegeta be in a game, but not his other forms
Final Bout says "Hi". :)

@ TheDevilsCorpse and Mystic Boy

I agree with you both.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanos wrote: One positive thing to look forward to, is that Spike isn't going to half-ass it this time.
We will see about that.

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Ironically its the Hero mode that is drawing me to the game.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanos wrote:Seriously... people are still worried about confirmation of things before they'll believe it's in the game. Let me ask you something, on what planet would Oozaru Bebi Vegeta be in a game, but not his other forms, as well as SSj4 Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta, etc.? I know he's a boss, but seriously now.
Someone already brought up Final Bout, the first Sparking/Tenkaichi game only had Super Bebi Vegeta 2, as did Infinite World. I only like dealing with facts, assumptions will leave you disappointed.

The bare minimum I expect for Ultimate Tenkaichi is:
SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Gogeta, Super Bebi Vegeta 2, Super 17, Yi Xing Long (Base, Super)

The bare minimum I would be happy with:
SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Gogeta, Pan, Uub (Base, Buu Merger), Bebi Vegeta ("Base", Super, Super 2), Super 17, Si Xing Long, San Xing Long, Yi Xing Long (Base, Super)

What I'd like for the game:
SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Gogeta, Adult Goten (Base, SS), Adult Trunks (Base, SS), Pan, Uub (Base, Buu Merger), Redict, Rilld (Base, Sigma, Metal), Bebi (Kid, Adult), Bebi Vegeta ("Base", Super, Super 2), Super 17, Si Xing Long, San Xing Long, Yi Xing Long (Base, Super)

SS4 Goku and Vegeta can be transformations for Z selves with GT costumes. Adult Goten and Trunks can work as both GT and End of Z via costumes. GT Gohan can preferably be a costume for Ultimate Gohan, but normal Buu Arc Gohan would be tolerable since GT has him go SS (assuming they don't merge the forms). lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:14 am

The no Ultimate Gohan in RB1 pretty much proved that no one is guaranteed except maybe Goku.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:21 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Thanos wrote:Let me ask you something, on what planet would Oozaru Bebi Vegeta be in a game, but not his other forms
Final Bout says "Hi". :)
Shit.. I walked right into that one. I'm pretty sure I was thinking of Final Bout when I said that, so I probably said the way that game was on accident... what I meant to say was, on what planet would Oozaru Bebi Vegeta be in a game, but not any other GT characters?
InfernalVegito wrote:
Thanos wrote: One positive thing to look forward to, is that Spike isn't going to half-ass it this time.
We will see about that.
God, I'm wording my posts so poorly tonight. What I meant was, from their perspective, they're going to do more than they might otherwise do, as they would if sequels were to be made, or even had the potential. Like holding onto Mystic Gohan and Dabra for RB2. Arbitrary omissions for the sake of adding them later in a new game so you'll have a reason to buy it. But this is the last Spike Dragon Ball game for these consoles. Like, that has been confirmed.

I'm sure from many perspectives, Spike will still half-ass it (which, it seems to be the common opinion that they are incapable of doing anything but), but they will probably do everything they can to make it a whole package of some kind. For example, I'd expect Dabra and Mystic Gohan in addition to the other Buu era characters, but I wouldn't be surprised not to see Rilldo or Teen Goten. Like, they'll probably abbreviate the GT stuff down to the important fights as usual, but when it comes to important characters like Dabra and Mystic Gohan, they won't have any reason to leave them out.

Like Budokai 3 or Sparking! METEOR, they're working the game in terms of overall content worth $60 instead of worrying about leaving out enough to warrant a sequel. Which is a good thing.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 am

Ah ok gotcha. Yeah it seems that they are trying to put more effort into this game than ever before. Be it good or bad depends on one's opinion but objectively speaking they really seem to want to please most of the fans. Why would they want to hear feedback on the game while they're making it, right?

ShinMassa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinMassa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:19 am

InfernalVegito wrote:Ah ok gotcha. Yeah it seems that they are trying to put more effort into this game than ever before. Be it good or bad depends on one's opinion but objectively speaking they really seem to want to please most of the fans. Why would they want to hear feedback on the game while they're making it, right?
I made a post like this before, and I got in trouble.

I don't think anyone's feedback at this point in time matters, because the game is pretty much finished.

(I hope that your post wasn't a sarcastic asshole comment. I don't want to look even more bad.)

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:44 am

Nope I meant it the way I said it. Yeah I know the "feedback" thing probably isn't going to have any effect on the finished game at all, but I really appreciate it, that they for the first time ever (?, correct me if I'm wrong) tried to communicate with the fans and listen to them.

ShinMassa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinMassa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:47 am

InfernalVegito wrote:Nope I meant it the way I said it. Yeah I know the "feedback" thing probably isn't going to have any effect on the finished game at all, but I really appreciate it, that they for the first time ever (?, correct me if I'm wrong) tried to communicate with the fans and listen to them.
Oh okay good.

Though the bosses seem to look boring and the character creator is lacking minor details, I'm happy with what I got. They stepped up to the plate and delivered something the fans wanted.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:41 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: we'll probably have Bebi Vegeta's last pre-Oozaru form, Super 17, and Yi Xing Long's two forms at the bare minimum.
I would not be surprise if Bebi Oozaru Vegeta and SSj4 Goku are the only GT characters in the game. Remember in the first Sparking game when SSj4 Goku, SSj4 Vegeta, Bebi Vegeta and Super 17 where the only GT characters in the game then they saved the other characters for the sequel.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:36 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: we'll probably have Bebi Vegeta's last pre-Oozaru form, Super 17, and Yi Xing Long's two forms at the bare minimum.
I would not be surprise if Bebi Oozaru Vegeta and SSj4 Goku are the only GT characters in the game. Remember in the first Sparking game when SSj4 Goku, SSj4 Vegeta, Bebi Vegeta and Super 17 where the only GT characters in the game then they saved the other characters for the sequel.
There won't be a sequel to this game, though.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:55 am

sangofe wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
There won't be a sequel to this game, though.
This is my point exactly. Additional GT characters were saved for sequels... especially in the original Sparking!, being the first in the series--so to compare and expect similar results from that game is entirely fruitless, I think. My theory is that they'll build upon the Raging Blast 2 roster... or at least have as many characters. They have to know by now that fans are getting tired of developers rebooting the roster. It seems as though in RB2 they were going in the direction of having a somewhat similarly large roster, so I don't see why this game will be different.

Then again, I could be wrong--the roster could be Burst Limit tiny, Bebi Vegeta could be the only GT character, and the game system could be completely broken. Should this happen, it would be safe to conclude that Spike is run by ADHD kids with diminutive IQ points... not to mention, it would tragically unsurprising.