The ultimate Goku Dedication AMV, my BEST AMV yet!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

The ultimate Goku Dedication AMV, my BEST AMV yet!

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:19 am

Title: "Legacy of Kakarrot"

Source Material:
Dragonball Movie - Path to Power
Dragonball Z Special - Bardock, The Father of Goku
Dragonball Z Sagas Game - Opening Chapter 1 FMV Sequence
Dragonball Z - VARIOUS episodes
Dragonball Z Budokai 2 Game - Opening Sequence
Dragonball GT - Various episodes

Song: Creed - "My Sacrifice"

Description:
I've been thinking of making this for a while now, an all out AMV dedicated to the major events of Son Goku's life through out the Dragonball Trilogy.After many tests and a couple rough drafts, I must say I've finally come up with a final perfect version. As said before, this AMV covers Goku's life all through DB/Z/GT; from Bardock's prophecy to the day Goku left us all at the final Tenkaichi Budokai, matching very well with the song, it is definitly a MUST SEE. There's quite some eye candy on here as well, for the beautiful animation curtousy of the 10th anniversary "Path to Power" feature, as well as the video quality of a large portion of the AMV rivaling DVD quality IMHO, truly awesome. As always, I post my AMV on yousendit.com, so it'll be up for a limited time and amount of downloads (one week = 25 DLs), get it while you can! I'd very much appreciate replys and reviews on it. If there's enough requests after the expiration of the link, I'll even see about reuploading a refreshed link. Enjoy my friends, and remember to reply and review! (You too, Vegetto EX)

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=09OK ... XO9PKMHCSA
14 years later

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:34 am

It was good, my only problem with it was with how some parts were watermarked... (Especially the "Super5.com" watermark... It was huge...) Perhaps it would look better if you zoomed those shots in to cut off the watermarks?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:47 am

SaiyamanMS wrote:Perhaps it would look better if you zoomed those shots in to cut off the watermarks?
Or... don't use downloaded footage...? :?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:38 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:It was good, my only problem with it was with how some parts were watermarked... (Especially the "Super5.com" watermark... It was huge...) Perhaps it would look better if you zoomed those shots in to cut off the watermarks?
Agreed and some parts were pretty blurry as well, but it rocked overall ;)
Who said life isn't a game?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:02 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
SaiyamanMS wrote:Perhaps it would look better if you zoomed those shots in to cut off the watermarks?
Or... don't use downloaded footage...? :?
Well ... the thing is I don't have a DVD drive, nor a video card, so DLing the sources is my only way at making the AMV. Agreed that it was a bad con to use downloaded sources for my footage, but was the AMV itself at least good?
14 years later

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:56 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Well ... the thing is I don't have a DVD drive, nor a video card, so DLing the sources is my only way at making the AMV. Agreed that it was a bad con to use downloaded sources for my footage, but was the AMV itself at least good?
I haven't watched it, so I don't know :).

I'm going to be up front right at the start and make it clear that it's almost impossible for me to watch videos that have subtitles, logos, etc. and actually take them seriously as AMVs. It's not that I don't understand where you're coming from, how new people may be to the hobby, etc. At every panel I'm on, I fully encourage people to just have fun and do whatever the Hell they want to do with whatever the Hell footage they want to use. The problem is, once it leaves your hands, you're opening up a can of worms with regards to other viewers and their perceptions. And as another viewer with years of perceptions, it's very hard to me to watch those kinds of videos ^^;;.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Last Son of Krypton
Beyond Newbie

Post by Last Son of Krypton » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:41 pm

I liked it a lot. It had enough action in it to satisfy my need for action in an AMV. Perfect song for the video, too. The part when Namek explodes is awespme, too.

Magnaboss
Banned

Re: The ultimate Goku Dedication AMV, my BEST AMV yet!

Post by Magnaboss » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:56 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:rivaling DVD quality IMHO
Errr, do please explain this, considering the size of the video and where it was more than likely ripped from, what did you do to "get" this quality?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: The ultimate Goku Dedication AMV, my BEST AMV yet!

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:19 pm

Magnaboss wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:rivaling DVD quality IMHO
Errr, do please explain this, considering the size of the video and where it was more than likely ripped from, what did you do to "get" this quality?
I exagerated, seriously the reason I said that is because of how awesome the animation quality is for the original Dragonball and most of the DBZ scenes, plus an awesome 3D shot from Path to Power cameos near the very end. Overall, what'd you think?
14 years later

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:27 pm

Dragonballarena has some high quality clips with no sound for the use of AMV's, it's the standard solution for smaller high quality video files.

Sorry if this is breaking the rules here(is it?), just trying to help.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/