FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DanielGClapp
Regular

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

EDIT: Move along....... nothing to see here.
Last edited by DanielGClapp on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:18 pm

I suppose I'm going to be stuck with 2/7 of them. Oh, well... =\

www.KristaMichaels.com

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Hey, just a heads up, I found a Spanish listing on ebay that pictures the first 5 Dragon Boxes. I can't read Spanish all that well, but from the description, it seems as though this guy is selling everything BUT the Dragon Boxes. If anybody that speaks Spanish wants to contact this guy and see if he really is selling the Dragon Boxes, it might save you some money.

Anyway, Here it is!

My rusty spanish is telling me that he may have said "what you see in the picture is not what you are recieving". I think he is selling the complete series of dragonball, z, and gt in bootleg with movies. mushed onto 6 for dragonball 13 for dragonball z and 7 for GT? In other words if you dont know spanish dont buy these until you read that stuff. I am almost 100% positive thats what hes saying but dont kill me if I'm off.

EDIT: yeah this really doesnt seem like a good idea nota:reciviras los dvd's en fundas plasticas is another red flag as if him saying you arent getting whats in the picture is enough. I would edit your post in case people jump the gun and buy it...
Last edited by Beji on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:BTW, when did DBox 7 stop selling on amazon? I mean it just got released, and apparently they're almost gone!
What? They never stopped selling them. I don't know why people in this thread are stating it, they're just "under review", as has happened to previous Dragon Boxes.

Anyway, I can get the sixth one now. Since 7 just came out, how long should it be around? I ask because there's lots of other OOP things I need to get as well, and those seem like they are in even less supply than Dragon Box 7 (which doesn't even have a stock countdown at Rightstuf!).

Should I be able to wait a month or two?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Shit! The only one I have is the second one! I would've figured they'd last for at least another year!

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:49 pm

I am glad I got them as they came out. I wish luck to anybody who still needs them (especially Dragon Box 2).

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:50 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Hey, just a heads up, I found a Spanish listing on ebay that pictures the first 5 Dragon Boxes. I can't read Spanish all that well, but from the description, it seems as though this guy is selling everything BUT the Dragon Boxes. If anybody that speaks Spanish wants to contact this guy and see if he really is selling the Dragon Boxes, it might save you some money.

Anyway, BAD LINK!
He's selling bootlegs! Just FYI! Luckily I speak Spanish. Here's the blunt;
He is saying that you will get every episode/movie and OVA in Spanish. Each DVD is labeled with art not just a marker....
You get everything, DB/Z/GT/Movies/OVAs. He makes sure all DVDs are properly working and are packaged in jewel cases and ships quickly.

nota:reciviras los dvd's en fundas plasticas, copias totalmente garantisadas en trabajar en cualquier dvd player, la foto no es lo que reciviras.
Note: You will receive the DVD's in Jewel Cases, guaranteed working copies that work on any DVD Player, the picture above DOES NOT REPRESENT WHAT YOU WILL GET!

So, take that down. This is one of the those auctions that sucker English speakers into buying something it's not. Someone report this asshole.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:06 pm

@mountain Not necessarily, but if you want the other five I would act fast!! There are still some other online websites such as Wal-mart, Sony, RightStuf, and a few others that have all the Dragon Boxes except for 2. If you want 2 then you may have to shell out quite a bit of money for it!!!

dexterp

Post by dexterp » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:12 pm

It's a shame that they didn't last long. FUNImation must have known and planned this though. If they didn't kill off the dragonbox sets then blu-ray sales may have struggled. The average consumer would only buy the orange bricks anyway.

dbzkfan543

Post by dbzkfan543 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Crap, I still need the last 3! Oh wait, Amazon. :lol:

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:25 pm

I hope everyone manages to get all 7 they are brill I am enjoying nearly finished watching the last box set.

funrush

Post by funrush » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Yeah, don't think I'll be picking up the rest. Glad the Blurays don't suck.

MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MoltenMan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Funny, I had sent then an email inquiring the same thing because I was having a heck of a time getting volume 2. Pretty much told me it was a limited release and would not have a second run. I just ordered the second set from a seller on Amazon, and will be getting the rest soon.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 pm

This totally seems like the kind of situation we were fully expecting in the back of our heads, but now it's "Oh, fuck! I'm missing most of them!" lol

Right now I just hope to get most (if not all last 5) this month and just hope to Kami that these did well enough for a Dragon Box GT follow-up...
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Good Luck Molten Man and to all the others who don't own all the Dragon Boxes that want them. Thank goodness I already own all of them YAY. The reason I even sent this is because of my moron friend who doesn't like to buy stuff online. He will have to suck it up or miss out on the Dragon Box release. In other words What A Moron!!! :/

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Well funrush I am sure you will be able to get the other 6 if you really want to the price hasn't skyrocketed for them yet. This situation though is approaching fast probably after 2011 ends it will be very difficult to find them sounds like Box 7 is already off of Amazon but, all is not lost.. Wal-Mart, Right Stuf, Target, Sony all have the Dragon Boxes left online except for two so time is counting down!!! If they discontinued these that fast I really doubt that their is a possibility of anymore D-boxes being released besides the Movies which they have the licensing rights to.

Yugiboy12

Post by Yugiboy12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm

So no one liked buying Dragon Boxes in stores? That's way too upsetting! I like Dragon Box better! I won't let Funimation stop using Dragon Box! What about Dragon Box Movies for U.S.?

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 pm

This makes me very frustrated i have only had the chance to get 3 of them :cry:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:51 pm

What about Dragonball DragonBox? :(
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 pm

samuraix123 wrote:What about Dragonball DragonBox? :(
I think it safe to say any change of GT or DB ever getting a DBOX is nil. I think we only might get DBOX Z Movies as they already have and they paid for the right to use them it would be a waste of money else.