Episode #0002 (27 November 2005)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:03 am

Brilliant podcasts, really fun to listen to. I thought you might've played a full song at some stage but I guess that'd be illegal or something.
The old dub movie 2 is so cool, even a little clip like that sends shivers down my spine.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:56 pm

M-Vegeta wrote:And I always though it was VegettoEX as in just "X," or EXit. I didn't know it was E-X, guess I'm just a tard, and I've been saying it wrong for like 8 years, now.
You're not the only one (although I haven't been here for 8 years ;))

Anyway, great podcasts, I liked your voice fragments and some nice points were made in the discussions. And I have to agree that Meri has a very nice voice :P

PS: I used to have someone in my class named Sean and it is indeed pronounced "Shawn"
Who said life isn't a game?

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:01 pm

M-Vegeta wrote:
And I always though it was VegettoEX as in just "X," or EXit. I didn't know it was E-X, guess I'm just a tard, and I've been saying it wrong for like 8 years, now.
You're not the only one (although I haven't been here for 8 years Wink)
But the right pronouncation is written in kana in the logo! :P イ- エックス!
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:31 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:PS: I used to have someone in my class named Sean and it is indeed pronounced "Shawn"
It's indeed pronounced "Shawn". What's so funny about Schemmel is that in the last couple of years he's suddenly decided he's going to write it as "Séan" for seemingly no reason.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:20 pm

VegettoEX wrote:What's so funny about Schemmel is that in the last couple of years he's suddenly decided he's going to write it as "Séan" for seemingly no reason.
He's a D-List celebrity, it comes with the territory.
Next year he'll probably start spelling his name "Sęan". :P :lol:

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:37 pm

Gamingdevil wrote: You're not the only one (although I haven't been here for 8 years ;))
8 years was just a guess, maybe it was more like 7? I thought "VegettoEX's Homepage" started around '97. But I believe the Podcast mentioned '98.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:01 pm

I started "VegettoEX's Ultimate DBZ Links Page" in January 1998. Very shortly after (a month? two?), it became simply "VegettoEX's Home Page" 'cuz I had recorded a crapload of WAVs and such to share.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MikeLoL

Podcast

Post by MikeLoL » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:32 pm

The same way this website rocks, their podcast show rocks even better! :D

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:29 pm

Sweet Podcast (I didn't realise it was weekly, I just noticed this thread).
I have always made the same E-X/Ex mistake too... I think Ex sounds cooler too :p, but then again maybe it means something I just don't get...

EDIT: MikeLoL, great avatar, might wanna rescale though (it screws up my window :cry: )
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:43 pm

I believe it was based off of Streert Fighter EX. I call that "X, " also, or the like the video game Deus EX ... which I also called "X."

:oops:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:47 pm

M-Vegeta wrote:I believe it was based off of Streert Fighter EX. I call that "X, " also, or the like the video game Deus EX ... which I also called "X."

:oops:
Such is true. Vegetto was a strong character, and I liked Street Fighter EX.

Yes, that's how the name was made.

... Hey, even *I* was allowed to be 15 once.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:40 am

VegettoEX wrote:Vegetto was a strong character
Holy understatement-of-the-year Batman.

I was 15 when I concocted the name Duo for a Megaman message board. Go figure.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:39 am

Cool podcast, but why was the sound quality less good than previous episode?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:18 pm

And what do you know, I was 15 when I created Chibi Mystic Gohan! Hey, it's better than Chibi Super Namek Lord Slug :D

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:11 pm

I have to admit I just got around to listening to the podcasts now (both of them, I downloaded them and never got around to listening to them. ^^; ) But once I started, I just couldn't stop listening. Really nice work you guys, I can't wait for the next one.

MajinMetroid
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinMetroid » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:21 pm

I think I've got you all beat when it comes to lame origins for screen names at the age of fifteen... Pikachu28. 28 because Pokemon Blue and Red were coming out on September 28th. On my grocery-bag Biology cover I drew a little 'advent' calender and crossed off the days until the 28th. It was the longest month of my life...

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:48 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:I have to admit I just got around to listening to the podcasts now (both of them, I downloaded them and never got around to listening to them. ^^; ) But once I started, I just couldn't stop listening. Really nice work you guys, I can't wait for the next one.
Agreed.

I LOVE Dragonball/Z (Japanese version, of course)! I watch the show, have a few DBZ items (from Japan), but I'm not hardcore. I don't know the estimated power level for for Kid Buu in episode 286, or any filler questions, plot holes etc. etc. I just kind of take the show for what it is ... AND LOVE IT! I guess I just don't think so deeply about it, and probably the reason I'll never become a true member of this board, you guys blow me away when it comes to Dragonball knowledge.

Hell, I'm watching Dragonball right now and don't know who this "monster" was that just killed Kuririn ... poor guy.

But, it's nice to know how to pronounce names/techniques (so you can practice in the mirror :P). So far, I think its been informative for both hardcore fans and especially casual. Don't forget about us, VegettoEX! :wink:

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:46 am

M-Vegeta wrote:Hell, I'm watching Dragonball right now and don't know who this "monster" was that just killed Kuririn ... poor guy.
That would be Tambourine, I believe. And I really hope I can wake up either tomorrow or Sunday and find episode three available for download. :)

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:26 am

Son_Gokou wrote:That would be Tambourine, I believe. And I really hope I can wake up either tomorrow or Sunday and find episode three available for download. :)
:o - AAAaaahh!

I would of rather not known that ... I am watching the series for the first time.

Anyway, don't want to keep this thread off topic.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:52 am

Nice stuff. I must say, I enoyed your segment on the pronunciation....but the wa I see it...Tomayto, Tomahto. Ya know?