Episode of Bardock: Giant On-Going Manga + Anime Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: Episode of Bardock: Giant On-Going Manga + Anime Discuss

Post by batistabus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:38 pm

I mean, I guess there's a chance that there could be English subs, but if you plan on ordering it, assume there won't be. If that influences your purchase, then I'd recommend skipping it.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:52 pm

batistabus wrote:I mean, I guess there's a chance that there could be English subs, but if you plan on ordering it, assume there won't be. If that influences your purchase, then I'd recommend skipping it.
I agree. I watch one without subs, usually the English dub would be a worth of wait.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:57 pm

saiyanprincess wrote:Is it actually going to have any english subs at all? I want to order it, but I just can't warrant or afford to spend that money importing it if i'm not going to be able to understand it when it gets here. :cry:
Do you really need subs? The dialogue is extremely simple. Not to mention it's a straight adaptation of the comic, a bit more rushed, but pretty damn identical. If worst comes then just use one of the translations for the three chapters.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Hmmm, I already own one of the specials through RB2 (which I plan on selling) and I wasn't blown away by 'Episode of Bardock' so I probably won't bother ordering this. I'll just pray that a certain podcast decides to give a copy of this away for a contest. :wink: :lol:

EDT: For those who want it....only 7 left!!! Get a move on!
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:18 pm

So, it's been a almost two years since I last ordered from CDJapan. Do they charge credit cards or PayPal at time of order or until they ship?
I really don't remember.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:20 pm

It looks like they charge upon ordering, considering $39.00 was magically debited from my account within the hour...

...which is weird as I thought they charged when they ship.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:25 pm

I originally tried going straight to Paypal, but it never gave me the option to choose my shipping. I wasn't sure if I would be able to after, so I just proceeded with the normal checkout and then used Paypal after I was able to choose my shipping.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:00 am

AgitoZ wrote:
saiyanprincess wrote:Is it actually going to have any english subs at all? I want to order it, but I just can't warrant or afford to spend that money importing it if i'm not going to be able to understand it when it gets here. :cry:
Do you really need subs? The dialogue is extremely simple. Not to mention it's a straight adaptation of the comic, a bit more rushed, but pretty damn identical. If worst comes then just use one of the translations for the three chapters.
Also, there is this funny line on imported discs: ''Made in Japan. Only for Japan.''
So no english subs ever. Only on Chinese bootlegs as they probably try to rip of the planet.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dizrythmia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dizrythmia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:55 am

Well that's my pre order done. I'm glad it's not a mail away like "Yo! Son Goku & his Friends Return". I had to hunt on Japan Yahoo Auctions to get my copy of that. I do wonder if it will be in a proper DVD case or a simple plastic sleeve...

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Even though I got it off Youtube, I haven't seen it yet.

I may be waiting to watch it with my girlfriend, once we get past a certain point in the manga.

I don't think I see myself waiting for the dub to watch it. (Although make no mistake, once that dub is available, I'm all over buying that)

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:50 pm

The people behind Hoshi is claming that EoB is the first episode of hoshi. Facepalm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIoxUjhjiBc

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 pm

cloud1414 wrote:The people behind Hoshi is claming that EoB is the first episode of hoshi. Facepalm...
Ignore YouTube. It's bad for your health.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:50 pm

...How stupid are people, seriously. Reading these comments makes my head hurt.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:33 pm

The guy who uploaded the video has to approve comments before they're allowed to be posted....thus preserving the ignorance.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 am

cloud1414 wrote:The people behind Hoshi is claming that EoB is the first episode of hoshi. Facepalm...
Good lord! Can you say someone over-saturated the video a little? :lol:

Also I love these comments

''Guys this is notBardock or dbz kai or gt or original, this is hoshi.......''

I'm so glad that I belong to this site. can I get an Amen? :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 am

samuraix123 wrote:I'm so glad that I belong to this site. Can I get an Amen? :lol:
Amen!! :D
-Joey

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:34 am

batistabus wrote:The guy who uploaded the video has to approve comments before they're allowed to be posted....thus preserving the ignorance.
Not bad, if they want to people believe on it.

I like how the related videos are videos from Dragon Ball Online or Heroes with the name "Hoshi" on them.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:02 pm

So I was wondering..If Bardock is the legendary super saiyan. Does this mean Broly is just some kind of freak of nature? Or maybe the next step in saiyan evolution?

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:57 pm

I guess it depends on how you look at it. The legendary Super Saiyan as outlined during the Freeza arc is an unfathomable beast who revels in destruction and slaughter. While Bardock is obviously painted to be the origin of the legend, I'm not certain that he fits the role given just how renowned the "Super Saiyan" was for his brutality. Bardock simply did not show that sort of animosity after transforming. It's as though Episode of Bardock was written to answer the question of the original "legendary Super Saiyan" without any careful consideration for the legend itself.

Broli, on the other hand, fits the description well. Although (or perhaps because) he is a freak, both genetically and behaviorally, he is different enough from the other Saiyans yet similar enough to the legend's description that I would personally hand over the "legendary" title to him. On the technical side of things, Broli's LSSj is unique, for good or ill, while Goku, Bardock and the other Saiyans access a form of Super Saiyan that's apparently far more common to the Saiyan genome than LSSj.

But, that's just my opinion.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.