How many people are lurking on Daizex?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: How many people are lurking on Daizex?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Pretty sure I visited the site a fair bit before I joined. I think I even created an earlier account at some point and completely forgot about it until way after I made this account.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: How many peoplx'e are lurking on Daizex?

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:18 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:I guess it's because most of the "old gang", as it were (Jers, Chaos Saiyajin, The Mole, Steven Perry, Mr. Piccolo, chibi_goten, etc.) aren't around anymore, so that sense of camaraderie/family that I used to have when coming here is gone.
This may sound strange... but have you kept in contact with any of those members, The Tori-bot? I'm a post-2008 member so I'll understand if you don't reply! :P

The reason I ask is because I've always been that type of person that asks "I wonder what happened to that guy". I've always done it while watching TV Shows, Films and now with people online. A great example I can give you is from the television series Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, they're documentaries from around 1999-. When I finished watching one of his documentaries I'd always do extensive research to try and find out what happened to the people he spoke to in his show or what they're doing now. I never really did find out much about the people he interviewed but at times I did get some results. Thankfully Theroux released a book that caught up with some of the people he had visited years ago, so that was a nice read.
Eh, I chatted to a few of them on MSN for a year or so after they left, but nowadays they seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Go figure.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I started listening to the podcast and as soon as I found the site, most likely a few months later, I joined the forums.
So mondo lame.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:10 pm

I've been lurking the site and the forum since 2004, I remember reading the front page for Budokai 3 news. It was not until 2009 when I join the site and I still love Daizex. One of the best Dragon Ball sites that is still surviving since a lot of Dragon Ball sites have been dead for years (Like Planet Namek and Dragnet for example).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:01 am

I've had Daizenshuu EX bookmarked for about 2 and half years before signing up :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 am

I used to be pretty active, but now I mostly lurk. I don't even bother logging in most of the time.

EDIT: Holy crap I just realized it's been almost 6 YEARS since I joined....oy vey...
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 am

Everytime I check back into the world of DB something new's coming or I've just missed it, and this website's the only stop I need to make to find it. I only discoved the new Bardock special 2 weeks ago!

I'ts probably mostly old members who lurk, since I myself don't reckognise most users posting nowadays since I vanished in '06, and now lots of new members populate daizex....I was a newbie here in '05 and 7 years later I still feel like one!
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:30 am

The Tori-bot wrote:Text
Damn it has been a long time. I still remember you as 12 or 13 years since that was your age when you joined. Or maybe I am wrong. Still, compared to now, daizex was much more like the Wild West those years, with much more tantrums and behavior that would have banned a member nowadays without a blink of the eye. Those were the days. And of course much more fun...which is the reason to why I post less frequently. But Daizex is still pretty much the only forum I check in on a couple of times a week.
IMO the Internet has become less fun and more weird lately, which is why I rather like to sit and reminice about the good old days.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Godo wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Text
Damn it has been a long time. I still remember you as 12 or 13 years since that was your age when you joined. Or maybe I am wrong. Still, compared to now, daizex was much more like the Wild West those years, with much more tantrums and behavior that would have banned a member nowadays without a blink of the eye. Those were the days. And of course much more fun...which is the reason to why I post less frequently. But Daizex is still pretty much the only forum I check in on a couple of times a week.
IMO the Internet has become less fun and more weird lately, which is why I rather like to sit and reminice about the good old days.

I was thinking the same thing as I read that post, haha. I don't really think I was part of the "classic Daizex gang" or what-have-you, but I definitely remember those members and what the forum was like then. (Of course that's not a bash against how the forum is now, it's still as great as it's always been :D )
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Big Momma wrote:I used to be pretty active, but now I mostly lurk. I don't even bother logging in most of the time.
Funny you say that. I remember you used to be very active when I first joined a... wow it's been 2 years ago almost! Anyways, I was looking at one thread, the Multiverse one, as it has been active for many years now and was look through who logs on and what not. A good half of them are not around anymore, which is a shame.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 am

I have been here for more than half of my life, and I'm 24 now.

Scary, no?
O.o; Why the 511 character limit?
ドラゴンボールZ

SSJToreto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJToreto » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 am

I joined in 2007, but I've been lurking for quite a bit actually. I continue to lurk, and rarely post these days, but hey I'm still online once in a while.

After all, this is the best DB community online, where else am I gonna go for my occasional DB fix! :mrgreen:

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:40 am

I lurked/listened to podcasts for at least a year before I started posting. I had been on forums before, and the way this one was run seemed a bit...intimidating. The mods were pretty strict about the construction of posts, but above all, everything I knew about Dragon Ball seemed to be wrong. I had loved this series all my life (via the FUNimation dub), but as I started listening to the podcasts, reading Herms' guides, and viewing the back-and-forth of different threads, it was like I was stepping into a different world. I heard all these things that bashed what I held as sacred, but somehow I didn't feel offended or threatened. I had seen most of the series when I was a few years younger, and what they were saying totally made sense. I needed to educate myself before I jumped in and made a fool of myself (not that I haven't done that a fair share of times). This website not only re-awakened my interest in the series, but it also made me appreciate it so much more. Thanks everyone :D