When Cartoon Network aired a .RM encode of 'Free the Future'

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: When Cartoon Network aired a .RM encode of 'Free the Fut

Post by superrayman3 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:19 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Because it's in a different corner, obviously.
Cartoon Network UK could have easily said that the logo's placement was an accident, they didn't really need to crop or zoom any of the footage since the logo is exactly the same, now if the logo was different then I could see why they would do something like this but that wasn't what happened here.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Jawdrahb
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jawdrahb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:50 pm

That comparison shot really epitomises what's happened kei17, thanks for your time & efforts.

superrayman3, please take a moment to consider the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y22B0K0cD6E&t=0m11s

As you may've noticed, it was predominately in the channel's best interest not only to remain consistent however additionally be in the position to utilise their own logo to display necessary information as quickly and simple as possible. You could argue why CN didn't just animate or include these messages above the logo in the source footage although I'm certain for a single episode of a 'kids cartoon show' they weren't either prepared or perhaps able to accomplish this as effortlessly as could be perceived.
Last edited by Jawdrahb on Sun May 13, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RazorX » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I remember the "poor video quality" episodes very clearly. It was the first few in the Other World Tournament saga and I remember being baffled by them.

However let me clarify this. It was the very first run and maybe the next near succession reruns (ie later on in the day after prime time and on the weekends) but they were promptly replaced with the better quality episodes within a few days, perhaps 2 weeks at the latest, because they did not stick around very long. I recorded the episodes and when I saw that those particular episodes were being rerun in better quality (and it was much better quality) I recorded over the poorer quality episodes. This is a move I regret, I should've preserved the poorer quality episodes and used a new tape for the better quality episodes.

But I'm glad someone kept them. The youtube videos don't really do them justice though, they looked bizarrely out of place when broadcast on actual TV. Nonetheless, I appreciate the uploads, kei17.

The main thing is they are the awesome Ocean dub.