What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Raithos wrote:Because of the way he's placed in the box his fingers are jammed backwards until you open it. I just bend the fingers forward as much as I can until the fingers retract into an outstretched open hand. The hand will always have the fingers in the open palm position though, the most you can do is bend the fingers forward
What's the actual material of the Scultures? If you boil a pot of water and stick Piccolo's hand in it for around 10 seconds or so, that should allow the material to return to the original intended shape in a more natural way without harming the piece. Even if it doesn't, bending the fingers while they are warm and more pliable would be easier on the material than if you do it while it is room temp and more rigid.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sat May 12, 2012 3:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Raithos wrote:Because of the way he's placed in the box his fingers are jammed backwards until you open it. I just bend the fingers forward as much as I can until the fingers retract into an outstretched open hand. The hand will always have the fingers in the open palm position though, the most you can do is bend the fingers forward
What's the actual material of the Scultures? If you boil a pot of water and stick Piccolo's hand in it for around 10 seconds or so, that should allow the material to return to the original intended shape in a more natural way without harming the piece. Even if it doesn't, bending the fingers while they are warm and more pliable would be easier on the material than if you do it while it is room temp and more rigid.
The material is PVC/ABS
Yeah that's a good method to heat it up and bend it
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:33 pm

:) :) :)

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Starting from the top left: Dragon Boxes 4, 5, 6 and 7; Dragonball Evolution soundtrack (hey... I suppose it's fairly obvious why I picked it up. Lol =P); Saikyo Jump (Episode of Bardock / Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans double-feature DVD included); Jump special; Dragon Ball Kai parts 1, 3 and 4 (unfortunately, parts 1 and 3 didn't show up with slipcovers... =\); V-Jump (Episode of Bardock manga reprint); and for One Piece fans, I threw in the Chapter 0 manga.

www.KristaMichaels.com

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Sat May 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Dutch Kanzenbans:

Image Image

Unfortunately they were canceled after volume 13. :(

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm

I haven't actually bought it yet but I am guaranteed it ^_^

Dragon Ball Z Blu-Ray Level 1.2
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 am

I'm going to start collecting all the video games from the past, mainly the PS2 era games, and probably not the games unreleased in America or for handheld consoles. To kick it off I have gotten BT and Burst Limit as a bonus.
So mondo lame.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 am

On Monday I'm going to pre-order The Dao of Dragon Ball book by Derek Padula.
http://thedaoofdragonball.com/

Though the site itself isn't really specific about what the book is suppose to be. So if anyone has any more information on it, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 13, 2012 1:55 am

The site covers pretty much everything you would need to know about the book: http://thedaoofdragonball.com/features.php

If you still have unanswered questions, why not just PM Derek himsef? http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/memberl ... ile&u=6442
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 am

Mountain wrote:Dragon Ball Kai parts 1, 3 and 4 (unfortunately, parts 1 and 3 didn't show up with slipcovers... =\)
Where did you buy them from that it didn't include the slip covers?
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 am

Drabaz wrote:
Mountain wrote:Dragon Ball Kai parts 1, 3 and 4 (unfortunately, parts 1 and 3 didn't show up with slipcovers... =\)
Where did you buy them from that it didn't include the slip covers?
I bought one from eBay, and the other from Amazon. They touted them both as 'new' and 'unopened', so I assumed the covers would be included. When I bought part 4, however, I made sure that it was specifically mentioned. I'm finally getting past it, though. :)

www.KristaMichaels.com

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 14, 2012 2:50 am

Mountain wrote:I bought one from eBay, and the other from Amazon. They touted them both as 'new' and 'unopened', so I assumed the covers would be included. When I bought part 4, however, I made sure that it was specifically mentioned. I'm finally getting past it, though. :)
It's always useful to contact the seller if you wanted to know if it'd come with the slipcovers.

The DBZ Kai Blu-rays with the slipcovers look definitely much better and more awesome!
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 am

I never got the Chris Sabat autograph when I bought 1.1

Oh well, I don't really expect to get what's inside 1.2 either when I get it tomorrow.
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon May 14, 2012 3:09 am

Gonstead wrote:I never got the Chris Sabat autograph when I bought 1.1

Oh well, I don't really expect to get what's inside 1.2 either when I get it tomorrow.
Was it the Madman version by any chance? If so, then Madman never really includes that type of stuff.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon May 14, 2012 3:14 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:

Was it the Madman version by any chance? If so, then Madman never really includes that type of stuff.
And this is just one reason why I have a love/hate relationship with Madman.

Why don't they include this stuff anyway?

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 am

Gonstead wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:

And this is just one reason why I have a love/hate relationship with Madman.

Why don't they include this stuff anyway?
I really don't know. They make some odd decisions (they still haven't put out Curse of the Blood Rubies yet!), but because of this I'm glad they didn't release the Dragon Box. Can you imagine if it was in a fat pack? Shudder...

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: Can you imagine if it was in a fat pack? Shudder...
What would be so bad about that?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 14, 2012 4:35 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:I'm glad they didn't release the Dragon Box. Can you imagine if it was in a fat pack? Shudder...
The Dragon Boxes Z in two fat packs? It'd be awesome! You know, it would be like the Japanese version, two boxes but in this case there wouldn't be any books or anything, just the discs.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon May 14, 2012 4:49 am

Gonstead wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: Can you imagine if it was in a fat pack? Shudder...
What would be so bad about that?
You lose the cool packaging! The DVD books and the hardcover book were a huge draw for me. That, and I can imagine the video quality would drop considerably due to the region 4, PAL business (I know this has nothing to do with the packing).
dbboxkaifan wrote:The Dragon Boxes Z in two fat packs? It'd be awesome! You know, it would be like the Japanese version, two boxes but in this case there wouldn't be any books or anything, just the discs.
I don't see how it'd be like the Japanese version apart from maybe the booklet being, y'know, a booklet with a couple of staples in the side. :| The American Dragon Boxes had DVD books similar to the original, except they were a lot shorter, stored three discs, as opposed to four and there was disc overlapping

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 14, 2012 5:25 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:I don't see how it'd be like the Japanese version apart from maybe the booklet being, y'know, a booklet with a couple of staples in the side. :| The American Dragon Boxes had DVD books similar to the original, except they were a lot shorter, stored three discs, as opposed to four and there was disc overlapping
There doesn't always need to be a booklet, hell, to make it cheaper not including it decreases the price, I'd think.

Japanese Dragon Boxes Z = 2 Huge Boxes
Australian Dragon Boxes Z = 2 Small Fat DVD Packs (Non-existent as of now)

FUNimation could of picked this idea to reproduce new and cheaper sets of Dragon Box Z. Maybe FUNi can't really release it again due to licence, I don't really know. :P

Tbh, I've never even touched the books of my FUNimation Dragon Boxes Z because I don't want to damage them. For info there's always Kazenshuu and the internet. ^_^
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray