Episode #0009 (15 January 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:28 pm

Xyex wrote:Nice Podcast yet again guys. Though I don't think Julian's relationship with an 8 year old is good subject to discuss. :P
Very funny. :x At any rate, it was interesting to meet a Japanese DBZ fan, even if they're not exactly on the same level of fandom (or height). And let's try to steer clear of insinuating impropriety where none exists, kplzthx.
VegettoEX wrote:I have a mixer and two mics with wind-guards on table-stands. Julian, however, has the headset :). He's the one bringing in all the problems!
So that's why there was that annoying hum in the episode with just you and Meri! It explains everything! :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:51 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:So that's why there was that annoying hum in the episode with just you and Meri! It explains everything! :P
No, that was because I had everything all miscalibrated from recording the audio commentary for the This is Otakudom DVD earlier that day :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:39 pm

Great Saiyaman wrote:Perhaps because Saiyan rolls off the tongue better than Siyan. Either way, who cares? 90% of America prononces it that way, it won't go away :wink:
Actually, the correct way to romanize "Saiyaman" is the same, and if you spell it as "Siyaman," it can be thought of as pronounced as "See-ah-man". Just thought I'd add that. I really liked this week's podcast, and I seem to enjoy them better when Julian's a part of the group.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:03 am

Oh, I forgot to say this, kinda off topic but......

Meri if you're reading this, I am a big fan of Trunks & love the ToT

*pause*

*waves arms frantically* YOU HAVE STUFF TO UPDATE ToT WITH & YET YOU DON'T!!! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME!!! :cry:

I still check that site every day for updates.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:12 am

Sorry, I haven't listened to any of the podcasts yet. I plan on it tonight.

However, on the front page next to the iPod with Goku in it it says The Podcast
Latest Episode: 01/15/05. Just making sure you were aware of that since it was more than likely a typo.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:16 pm

Awesome podcast, as always :)
Neat to hear the history of Dragon Ball in North America, even though I'm from France/Norway.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:40 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Xyex wrote:Nice Podcast yet again guys. Though I don't think Julian's relationship with an 8 year old is good subject to discuss. :P
Very funny. :x At any rate, it was interesting to meet a Japanese DBZ fan, even if they're not exactly on the same level of fandom (or height). And let's try to steer clear of insinuating impropriety where none exists, kplzthx.
Heh heh. Sorry Julian, couldn't resist. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:16 pm

First Time poster, yay, let th' newbie cracks begin!

Anywho, I must say, these Podcasts are soooo addicting, I started yesterday with episode 6 (I think, it was the Christmas one) then moved onto eight then nine, then two...*cough*

I've got probably a dozen or so questions I'd like to ask, but I'm not sure if I ask them in a reply thread...*cough*

Also, VegetoEX, anyone ever told you you sound like Tobey Mcguire??

*Dork*

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:41 pm

Please feel free to ask any questions relating to any shows in their respective threads!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:53 pm

God podcast as always guys. Just a curiosity though because season 2 and season 3 at least dub wise meshed up together directly in the middle of a Japanese episode, how do you fiugre they're going to connect those two? Sub wise I suppose it doesnt really matter, but at what point within the dub did it finally mesh out 1 to 1 in terms of where the episodes matched (not counting any full episodes they cut from the edited version, just where they finally meshed full episode to full episode))?
-Laserkid

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:10 pm

laserkid wrote:God podcast as always guys. Just a curiosity though because season 2 and season 3 at least dub wise meshed up together directly in the middle of a Japanese episode, how do you fiugre they're going to connect those two? Sub wise I suppose it doesnt really matter, but at what point within the dub did it finally mesh out 1 to 1 in terms of where the episodes matched (not counting any full episodes they cut from the edited version, just where they finally meshed full episode to full episode))?
Maybe in a few years they might go back and redub some more of it. You never know.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:45 pm

If we were to ever get the Dragon Box's, I'd suppose they would want to redub some of the later Freeza arc, or just rescore the whole show, LOL.

You'd suppose some of the actors would want to rerecord the Freeza arc seeing as how bad they were.

Oh, and thank you Mister VegetoEX, but because I'm intimiated by your greatness although me to ask where do I send in questions to be answered by your litte (but cool) posse? I just want to super-clarify...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:40 pm

If you have any questions you want to get read on the show, just e-mail 'em to me (VegettoEX@aol.com) and say something in the subject about them being for the podcast. If you have a question relating to anything in a previous episode, just post in its respective thread. Thanks!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:49 am

Cool Episode. I loved the constant re-itteration as to Funi's definition of "Uncut". It's so true...that's why it's funny.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:03 am

I know I'm late to listen, again :P, but it was a cool episode. I do have one remark though: if you really like to know where everyone lives, then you should update the "Location of All Members" thread :P
Who said life isn't a game?