Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Which External Hard Drive do you use for storing DB data

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:The title speaks for itself! :P
I had some ocean dub (later episodes) and some ISO back ups of my dragon boxes...but my Toshiba 3.0 Hardrive failed on me...so I dont bother anymore. :mrgreen:
Last edited by eledoremassis02 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Toshiba 3.0 USB Drive. All my DBZ Kai Bluray with Yamammoto score is on it. And other stuff.......like schoolwork. :D
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:12 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Toshiba 3.0 USB Drive. All my DBZ Kai Bluray with Yamammoto score is on it. And other stuff.......like schoolwork. :D
Both is very important :D... Dragonball kai with yamammot score being more so lol

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Both online and external USB flash drive for the Boys and Girls Club Toonanza edits for DBZ Kai along with other promos for it.

I get to start it tomorrow, so excited to spread DBZ (and Sonic but a lot of kids there are already fascinated with Sonic) to a new generation!
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Both online and external USB flash drive for the Boys and Girls Club Toonanza edits for DBZ Kai along with other promos for it.

I get to start it tomorrow, so excited to spread DBZ (and Sonic but a lot of kids there are already fascinated with Sonic) to a new generation!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:26 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Toshiba 3.0 USB Drive. All my DBZ Kai Bluray with Yamammoto score is on it. And other stuff.......like schoolwork. :D
Am I allowed to say the same?

I have a 1TB Toshiba External HDD plugged to the PC, and it has DB soundtracks, DBK with Yamamoto (done them myself from DBNL Kai rips and Freeze-subs audio - had to cut the ads' parts, though), DB trailers, covers, pictures, videos and other random stuff.

For DBZ I have the Dragon Box Z FUNi collection so no need to have it on digital format.

If all Dragon Ball Z Kai Parts had the Yamamoto score I wouldn't have bothered to have them on my HDD.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 pm

I have a external 250 gig HD which has most of the Big green and Malaysian Dubs of the movies.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Do you guys fear losing all your stuff? I lost my later ocean dub after my hardrive crash but was lucky that I burned it onto disc..so now I'm using disks again lol

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Currently I've got a 1TB external hard drive with all of the Japanese Dragon Box discs and 2008 Jump Special but I plan on getting a 2-2.5TB so I can store the FUNi Dragon Box Z discs, Ocean Dub/'99 FUNi volumes, GT volumes, any other older releases I have and the soundtracks too.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:55 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Do you guys fear losing all your stuff? I lost my later ocean dub after my hardrive crash but was lucky that I burned it onto disc..so now I'm using disks again lol
For this reason I'd like to burn the DBK Yamamoto score episodes to a Blu-ray Disc (25 GB disc) but I don't have a Blu-ray Burner on my PC, just a BDP on PS3.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:58 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:Do you guys fear losing all your stuff? I lost my later ocean dub after my hardrive crash but was lucky that I burned it onto disc..so now I'm using disks again lol
For this reason I'd like to burn the DBK Yamamoto score episodes to a Blu-ray Disc (25 GB disc) but I don't have a Blu-ray Burner on my PC, just a BDP on PS3.
Same for me, I re-coppied my Dragon Boxes (so they stay in good shape) and want to burn them to blu-ray. I have a player on my labtop but no burner...

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Omg yes, I know my online backups will be gone eventually, I just hope they stay online long enough for Toonanza to finish

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:22 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Same for me, I re-coppied my Dragon Boxes (so they stay in good shape) and want to burn them to blu-ray. I have a player on my labtop but no burner...
I plan to do that as well. I have a Blu-ray writer too and have made Blu-ray video-discs before so I could start making them but I'm going to wait till I have subtitles prepared for the JPN DBOXs (Done Z Vol. 1, GT and Movies so far) and BD-Rs are pricey in NZ ($8 per BD25).

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 am

As soon as I find a new job, I'll make this bad boy my Dragon Ball Storage Device. 8)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822136579
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817173042
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:56 am

Am I crazy for having no Dragon Ball stuff on an external hard drive and just having the DVDs?

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:27 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:Same for me, I re-coppied my Dragon Boxes (so they stay in good shape) and want to burn them to blu-ray. I have a player on my labtop but no burner...
I plan to do that as well. I have a Blu-ray writer too and have made Blu-ray video-discs before so I could start making them but I'm going to wait till I have subtitles prepared for the JPN DBOXs (Done Z Vol. 1, GT and Movies so far) and BD-Rs are pricey in NZ ($8 per BD25).
It's a lot of discs but I also thought of using duel layer disks. Though I read you have to burn on 2x speed for them to burn right... I wonder how long it would take to do the entire series... :shock:

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:51 am

I'm not sure if a low speed is required as I've never had any problems at max speed yet, or maybe it's just because they play really well on a PS3. It will require a lot of discs, did a rough calculation but I don't intend on doing all of them at once.

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Cipher wrote:Am I crazy for having no Dragon Ball stuff on an external hard drive and just having the DVDs?
Not at all, that's me too.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".