Do you really want a Buu Saga in Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: Do you really want a Buu Saga in Kai?

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:27 pm

I would enjoy the Boo arc if it was made the same way than Kai as a whole, excluding the last episodes: that means with a completely new score (now that Yamamoto's gone, Takaki would be right just like for the animated scenes from Ultimate Tenkaichi).

The way they handled the graphics and fillers was fine, but returning to Kikuchi's old score like in the last episodes would ruin the experience for me. So as long as there would be a new score (even if it's by Kikuchi himself, I have nothing against the man, only against the original tracks sounding too old nowadays), I would be eager to watch it every week!! 8)

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sun May 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Sorry to bump / resurrect the thread...

I would be fine if Toei does DBKai: Buu arc using the same actors with minor differences. Keep the opening/eyecatch theme, get the new ending, AKB48 is doing will in the ending.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 pm

I really want Majin Boo arc in Dragonball Kai because it contains some great stuff like fusion characters and the climax between Goku and Pure Boo to fight to save the whole universe from that evil monster.

elcrunkus

Post by elcrunkus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm

It's my least favorite saga, but it defintely needed to be edited.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:51 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
linkdude20002001 wrote:Because Kai ended with the Cell arc, people actually think the Majin-Boo arc is either filler or part of DBGT. -_-
FUNimation in their recent interview on YouTube said Boo's arc was filler, so the one company who shouldn't make such a mistake makes their fans even more misinformed. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 am

No, I'm glad they ended it at the Cell saga. Not because I don't like the Buu saga, but because now time can pass faster and hopefully we'll get a new anime adaptation of the entire DBZ series much like Sailor Moon is getting one.
One World. 🌐 🕊

superKRILLIN

Post by superKRILLIN » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 pm

it would been nice. i really want them to put the buu saga on kai, because milliones of kids who watched kai and are now watching dragonball gt and probably didnt watch the original dbz are probably saying, oh hercule got a buu out of nowhere and goku went super sayin 3 for the first time.
TFS krillin: for a moment there i thought that was going to be me. TFS frieza: hahaha, your next. TFS krillin: what did i ever do to you? TFS frieza: remember my tail!? TFS krillin: cant you take a joke? TFS frieza: >:( TFS krillin: :) TFS krilin: AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! *boom*

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 pm

superKRILLIN wrote:it would been nice. i really want them to put the buu saga on kai, because milliones of kids who watched kai and are now watching dragonball gt and probably didnt watch the original dbz are probably saying, oh (the H-word) got a buu out of nowhere and goku went super sayin 3 for the first time.
What about how Dragon Ball Z Kai has Z only? Things that were elaborated in Dragon Ball are mentioned briefly in Z so kids and other new viewers would get confused. Plus, they wouldn't have been as attached to the characters now if they didn't fully get to know them in Dragon Ball. So why would they care if Yamcha, Chaozu and Tenshinhan died against the Saiyans if they didn't fully get to know them? And people say no Buu Saga makes GT confusing...

superKRILLIN

Post by superKRILLIN » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

matt0044 wrote:
superKRILLIN wrote:it would been nice. i really want them to put the buu saga on kai, because milliones of kids who watched kai and are now watching dragonball gt and probably didnt watch the original dbz are probably saying, oh (the H-word) got a buu out of nowhere and goku went super sayin 3 for the first time.
What about how Dragon Ball Z Kai has Z only? Things that were elaborated in Dragon Ball are mentioned briefly in Z so kids and other new viewers would get confused. Plus, they wouldn't have been as attached to the characters now if they didn't fully get to know them in Dragon Ball. So why would they care if Yamcha, Chaozu and Tenshinhan died against the Saiyans if they didn't fully get to know them? And people say no Buu Saga makes GT confusing...
no buu saga dose make gt confusing, why would they want to confuse the pepole?
TFS krillin: for a moment there i thought that was going to be me. TFS frieza: hahaha, your next. TFS krillin: what did i ever do to you? TFS frieza: remember my tail!? TFS krillin: cant you take a joke? TFS frieza: >:( TFS krillin: :) TFS krilin: AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! AAH! *boom*

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 pm

superKRILLIN wrote: no buu saga dose make gt confusing, why would they want to confuse the pepole?
Ask Saban and FUNi who brought Z before Dragon Ball to the US.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:09 pm

matt0044 wrote:Ask Saban and FUNi who brought Z before Dragon Ball to the US.
But, in the US, Dragon Ball did come before Z...
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:14 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
matt0044 wrote:Ask Saban and FUNi who brought Z before Dragon Ball to the US.
But, in the US, Dragon Ball did come before Z...
Ah, yes, Harmony Gold. I was talking about Saban and FUNi as well as Ocean though.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 pm

matt0044 wrote:Ah, yes, Harmony Gold. I was talking about Saban and FUNi as well as Ocean though.
But, they also did...
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:12 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
matt0044 wrote:Ah, yes, Harmony Gold. I was talking about Saban and FUNi as well as Ocean though.
But, they also did...
Okay but it was Dragon Ball Z that got most of the attention.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Yeah I would love a buu saga but mainly because of the way Vegeta evolves as a character. I do love SSJ3 and Vegetto too :)

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 am

The Buu saga definitely needs the Kai treatment. Pretty much beacuse that was when filler was at its worst. The entire Buu vs Vegito fight was ruined cause of the filler, all those cutaways to Heaven was annoying.