Good Dragon Ball GT fights

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Good Dragon Ball GT fights

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:54 am

Concerning GT, most of us would likely agree that most of the fighting was...for lack of better words...shit, however I want to know what particular fight had left you at awe?

Mine's would be Goku vs. Ledgic
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Good Dragon Ball GT fights

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:30 am

I wouldn't say I was in Awe but the fight between Goku vs Nova and Ice Shenron was my probably my favorite.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:46 am

I really liked Gokuu's fight with the Rilld and his men. While episode #19 was of course an Uchiyama episode, it still had some nice ideas. Episodes #20-21 were gorgeously animated and had the cool designs for Rilld.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 am

All fights against the three sagas end bossed were cool. For instance when Son Goku ran towards Super 17 with a Kamehameha charging and then blasting it full-force at him. That was radical.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:47 pm

This is going to seem silly, but: Goku vs. Old Man Krillin.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:27 pm

SSJ 4 Goku vs. Baby and Golden Great ape baby.

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:45 pm

InfernalVegito wrote:All fights against the three sagas end bossed were cool. For instance when Son Goku ran towards Super 17 with a Kamehameha charging and then blasting it full-force at him. That was radical.
Yeah i really liked that part also, and when Goku is running with the Kemehameha and it shows just a light going across the ground.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Exactly. I cannot explain it but I always felt GT's fights had a different style than Z's. Much less serious and experimented more with blasts and beams, like the aforementioned example.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:00 am

sonikku956 wrote:This is going to seem silly, but: Goku vs. Old Man Krillin.
Not silly to me. While I wouldn't say I was in 'awe', more moved than anything. It was a very nice final scene between Goku and Krillin.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm

I would be the first to say that imo GT isnt that bad but I do think that most of the inconsistencies come from the fights themselves.

One fight that I can say makes the most sense and this is very contrary to others but I think Goku's bout with Freeza and Cell in Hell isnt too far fetched at all. While the scene itself isnt really much, it being true to the Dragon Ball tradition of previous bad guy = small fry after his initial battle is what makes it a good one (For GT). Just maybe having Goku toy with them in his base form is pushing it a little bit but still I dont have a problem with it.

Other good fights like others have said Goku vs Ledgic and Goku vs Rildo. Oob vs Baby was ok too.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels