How strong would Goku have been with out earth's training?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

How strong would Goku have been with out earth's training?

Post by Super Gazellian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 am

If Goku had never bumped his head on that fateful day as a child, if he did go on a rampage, would he have been defeated and possibly killed by warriors such as Roshi, or even Popo?
Or would his natural Saiyan ability over power everyone but that was sapped when he hit his head? Or was he simply just a really weak Saiyan and if Vegeta had of been the child to bump his head on earth he would have had a much easier time?

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How strong would Goku have been with out earth's trainin

Post by In Brightest Day » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 am

Kami and Mr. Popo wouldn't leave the Lookout regardless of the destruction he caused.

If Kakarot did go into well-populated areas, then I think Roshi would deal with him pretty quickly if he hadn't been taken care of by Gohan yet. If not then I'm sure someone eventually would pay Tao enough to do the job. Having a giant Monkey destroying the population wouldn't do anyone any good, including the Red Ribbon Army.

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Gazellian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:33 am

Ah yeah I thought so, I just couldn't shake the idea that it was a pretty horrible miscalculation on the Saiyan's part, and maybe I was missing something like he would have been strong enough if he followed his pure Saiyan instincts?

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 am

Without proper training or full moon there are indeed some people who would have been able to kill him if needed be: Roshi, Shen, Tao Pai Pai or Tenshinhan.

Goku as a monkey would definitively be hard to kill, not impossible, mind you, specially as a child. At the very least, if Gohan survived his first encounter with Goku Ozaru maybe he would have gone as far as to cut his tail... I don't know if he had it in him to kill a child.

It makes me wonder how many Saiyan children were killed this way. If by any chances the planet had people that could hide most of his true Ki like on Earth and Namek... then several babies were in for a deadly surprise. o__O
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Gazellian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Haha I guess that would explain why there was such a low amount of Saiyans coming from other planets like Tullece :lol:
Your reply has got me thinking though, would weaker Saiyan babies only be sent to planets with a moon? Or were they expected to be able to handle it without the transformation?

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I seem to recall that Raditz commented that Goku was sent to Earth because it had a moon so he shouldn't have a hard time purging the planet.

Also, I want to add that in the Bardock special when he comes back all beaten up after his fight with Dodoria, he's told that he just missed Kakarot leaving and that he could go to Earth to "visit" him if he wanted. I guess they could have permission to bring him armor, scouters and other supplies, even as far as to supervise their work on the planet. What Raditz did, to visit him, was something that was supposed to happen way earlier for any other Saiyan child.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:30 pm

He'd still be stronger than Yamucha.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Kakarot and Mr. Popo would join forces and destroy the world.

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Gazellian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 pm

soulnova wrote:I seem to recall that Raditz commented that Goku was sent to Earth because it had a moon so he shouldn't have a hard time purging the planet.

Also, I want to add that in the Bardock special when he comes back all beaten up after his fight with Dodoria, he's told that he just missed Kakarot leaving and that he could go to Earth to "visit" him if he wanted. I guess they could have permission to bring him armor, scouters and other supplies, even as far as to supervise their work on the planet. What Raditz did, to visit him, was something that was supposed to happen way earlier for any other Saiyan child.
Oh wow you're on fire with these questions! :lol:

That next point would make sense of the Saiyans confidence to send out babies without reasoning that it's just 'Saiyan pride'. It has raised another question for me though, but I'm not sure whether I should make another topic for this. I think I remember Raditz saying to Goku that Planet Vegeta was destroyed 5 years ago, or maybe 3 haha. But anyway, WHAT? :? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Freeza blow up Planet Vegeta in his encounter with Bardock? Have I got my chronology wrong? Maybe it's my own misconception of what happened and Freeza attacking Bardock wasn't when Vegeta got destroyed? Or was this just a dub mistake? Or even worse have I just completely made that up? The source on that would be from the Funimation digitally remastered season 1 dvd by the way, just in case anyone else has came across that line....

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:48 pm

He would have got killed soon. Tien, Master Roshi, Tao, Piccolo and even Yamcha with Puar's help could have dealt with his ape form. And well if he somehow miraculously survived until adulthood.. Frieza would have killed him. Assuming he later joins forces with Vegeta. The dragonball world would be in chaos.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Super Gazellian wrote:
soulnova wrote:I seem to recall that Raditz commented that Goku was sent to Earth because it had a moon so he shouldn't have a hard time purging the planet.

That next point would make sense of the Saiyans confidence to send out babies without reasoning that it's just 'Saiyan pride'. It has raised another question for me though, but I'm not sure whether I should make another topic for this. I think I remember Raditz saying to Goku that Planet Vegeta was destroyed 5 years ago, or maybe 3 haha. But anyway, WHAT? :? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Freeza blow up Planet Vegeta in his encounter with Bardock? Have I got my chronology wrong? Maybe it's my own misconception of what happened and Freeza attacking Bardock wasn't when Vegeta got destroyed? Or was this just a dub mistake? Or even worse have I just completely made that up? The source on that would be from the Funimation digitally remastered season 1 dvd by the way, just in case anyone else has came across that line....
I believe that's a dub line. I don't remember the Latin version to say that, only that their home planet had been destroyed "years ago".

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 am

penguintruth wrote:He'd still be stronger than Yamucha.
You mean Chaozu.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 am

sonikku956 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:He'd still be stronger than Yamucha.
You mean Chaozu.
Well by being stronger than Yamcha, he's going to be stronger than Chiaotzu as well.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

CaptainKatsura
Not-So-Newbie

Post by CaptainKatsura » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:31 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Saiyans/WTO seriously underestimated Earth. The strongest inhabitants of Earth can hide their power levels after all. I seriously doubt they wouldn't supress them, since they don't fight/train all the time.

^Yamcha is like 2.4 Chiaotzus at one point :lol:

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Gazellian » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 am

DHM211 wrote:Kakarot and Mr. Popo would join forces and destroy the world.
Thats so true! :lol:
Jackal puFF wrote:He would have got killed soon. Tenshinhan, Master Roshi, Tao, Piccolo and even Yamcha with Puar's help could have dealt with his ape form. And well if he somehow miraculously survived until adulthood.. Freeza would have killed him. Assuming he later joins forces with Vegeta. The dragonball world would be in chaos.
Yeah I guess so, but I only think it'd be Tao out of those characters, maybe Master Roshi. Tenshinhan would still be quite young and probably not as well trained as when he is introduced, Piccolo wouldnt be released from confinement because Goku would have killed Pilaf. Yamcha, haha maybe. I'm not sure whether Master Roshi would be in shape enough to be ready for something like that with out having Goku and Krillin as inspiration. Although you are right, if he had managed to survive all that he would eventually be killed by Freeza somehow or other haha.
soulnova wrote:
Super Gazellian wrote:

I believe that's a dub line. I don't remember the Latin version to say that, only that their home planet had been destroyed "years ago".
Ah thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought I was losing my mind for a second. :shock:
CaptainKatsura wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Saiyans/WTO seriously underestimated Earth. The strongest inhabitants of Earth can hide their power levels after all. I seriously doubt they wouldn't supress them, since they don't fight/train all the time.

^Yamcha is like 2.4 Chiaotzus at one point :lol:
Wasn't suppressing power levels something introduced by Kami and Mr Popo when Goku went to train with them?
I feel sorry for Chiaotzu, it's a sad realisation when it's evident you're more useless/weaker than Yamcha, at least he's not as bad as Herc-Mr Satan. :lol:

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:04 pm

You know, I have been thinking (I believe it was the matter was touched on a similar thread) and I guess we are not giving Son Gohan enough credit with his upbringing.

Sure, getting the tail cut off would be an important prevention action from Gohan's part, but maybe with his teachings even Kakarot wouldn't have turned into a murderous bastard as the rest of his kin. I mean, just look at Tarble. :V

Surely things would have gone quite differently... and in most cases "everyone dies" is the likely result when Raditz arrives.

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Gazellian » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:36 pm

You make a good point, even with the bump to the head, without Gohan's teachings things could have gone A LOT differently.

Tarble was a weird one haha, it's still hard for me to accept him as a real character xD I guess being a weaker Saiyan he just couldnt defeat that many people so he had to adapt to their ways and eventually just found piece on the planet becoming a nice guy? I don't know I cant remember that special very well anyway, it was a nice light-hearted treat anyhow :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Roshi would have taken care of him. Roshi's strongest attack was strong enough to take out a mountain which could have kill him. If Goku is dead then they would have to deal with the Red Ribbon Army and possibly Piccolo.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

You know, the idea that Roushi or someone else would defeat Gokuu, while interesting, is just boring. I'd like to see something like what Multiverse did: a story where "Kakarotto" survived, became near-feral with almost no inhibitions due to none of the Saiyans or Freeza's crew remembering him after Planet Vegeta's explosion and then just leaving him to fend for himself on Earth.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Super Gazellian
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Gazellian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:You know, the idea that Roushi or someone else would defeat Gokuu, while interesting, is just boring. I'd like to see something like what Multiverse did: a story where "Kakarotto" survived, became near-feral with almost no inhibitions due to none of the Saiyans or Freeza's crew remembering him after Planet Vegeta's explosion and then just leaving him to fend for himself on Earth.
Yeah DBM had an interesting take on it but, it's completely unrealistic :lol: Whilst I guess possible, it's pretty unlikely that Tenshinhan and Yamcha were the sole survivors, though it would be interesting if they went back to that special to explain things a little bit more. But yeah back to topic, I'm just looking for peoples opinions on what would most likely happen, even if it does become repetitive and boring.
As for what you were actually saying though, there is the possibility of Goku completing his mission but being forgotten about, how do you think he would have got to that point? Where would he go from there? Would he be as strong as he was by the end of Dragonball? I miss your King Piccolo picture by the way :lol: