Another Resurgence for Dragon Ball Franchise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Another Resurgence for Dragon Ball Franchise?

Post by Sin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm just happy that there is a lot going on for Dragon Ball and meant that I'm hopeful that we can get some Dragon Ball merchandise over here like we had before...

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Why does Dragon Ball need to be popular again in the US? It's not like Dragon Ball is going to be die out forever and people will forget about it. You will always have people that remember and love Dragon Ball. Enjoy DB's current presence as it is.
It doesn't "need" to be. People are just speculating on its popularity, and understandably, people are going to be happy about that. With popularity comes more merchandise, like the new Chouzenshuu, for us fans. We're getting a brand new film too. No-one's asking for it to be as popular as it was in the late 90s and 00s.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Why does Dragon Ball need to be popular again in the US? It's not like Dragon Ball is going to be die out forever and people will forget about it. You will always have people that remember and love Dragon Ball. Enjoy DB's current presence as it is.
Because the more popular Dragon Ball get from U.S., more new merchandises we will recieve, and they will produce more different stuff.

It's to maximize the revenue like we had 10 years ago.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.