How strong is SSjin Gogeta?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: How strong is SSjin Gogeta?

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:46 am

Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:I don't remember, exactly, but I think a Daizenshuu source said Vegetto as a Super Saiya-Jin was three times stronger than Gohan-Buu; so divide that by 50, which was the stated SSJ multiplier and you get someone slightly weaker than Super Perfect Seru. Seems reasonable than making him ungodly powerful.
I don't recall that being stated anywhere but there is this:
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 am

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:06 am

I have SSjin Gogeta stronger than Mightiest Warrior Gohan, and possibly Gotenks-absorbed-Boo's level of power.

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Me too. I honestly think a SSJ Gogeta would whoop a SSJ3 Gotenks easily, even considering regular SSJ2 and 3 multipliers.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:People really underrate Gogeta in general and overrate base Vegetto.
Because Vegetto is too awesome for any word to describe him. He doesn't really need SSj to beat Boo, but he did anyway to make him feel very hopeless.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:People really underrate Gogeta in general and overrate base Vegetto.
Because Vegetto is too awesome for any word to describe him. He doesn't really need SSj to beat Boo, but he did anyway to make him feel very hopeless.
Even Rou Kaioshin believed that base Vegetto would be enough for Gohan Boo. I doubt base Gogeta would have a chance against Gohan Boo.

Chapter: 502 (DBZ 308), P1.3
Context: Goku asks if he should become a Super Saiyan before merging with the Potara, and Elder Kaioshin advices against it
Elder Kaioshin: “If you’re going to become a Super Saiyan, it’s better to do it after merging. But anyway, even without doing that, you’ll probably be plee~~eenty. The Potara’s power is just that amazing!
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:05 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Because Vegetto is too awesome for any word to describe him. He doesn't really need SSj to beat Boo, but he did anyway to make him feel very hopeless.
Gogeta is a pretty awesome non-canon character in Rebirth of Fusion; GT, maybe another story, although I think he did a similar thing as Vegetto in making Shenron feel hopeless so he could throw something like the Negative Karma Ball and revitalize the Earth's positive energy.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Fox666 wrote:He was speaking of Goku merging with Gohan, not Vegeta. And since Gohan doens't need to transform in Super Saiyan anymore, it is a very different case.
Oh yes, forgot about that. However, I think it's worth to note that Rou Kaioshin said that the result would be strong enough to beat Boo in base not because of Gohan's power-up, but because of the Potara.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:05 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Fox666 wrote:He was speaking of Goku merging with Gohan, not Vegeta. And since Gohan doens't need to transform in Super Saiyan anymore, it is a very different case.
Oh yes, forgot about that. However, I think it's worth to note that Rou Kaioshin said that the result would be strong enough to beat Boo in base not because of Gohan's power-up, but because of the Potara.
I guess if Raditz fuse with Goku so he would beat Gotenks-Boo in base. :lol:

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Yeah Elder Kaioshin called Kibito Shin an idiot for thinking it was all the potara. Of course the fusees being powerful is the most important, but the potara's superiority over the fusion dance is also important.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Still, Gohan/Goku potara vs Gotenks-Boo is a lot different from Vegetto vs Gohan-Boo. I don't think you can use that as evidence for base Vegetto's superiority.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:49 pm

CaBrPi wrote:
Based on what, exactly? It's possible that Vegetto could've beaten Boo in base, but decided that Super Saiyan would give him enough of an edge that Boo would try to absorb him. And Gogeta has never shown up in manga-based anything.
Still hoping for canon Gogeta in Battle of Gods :(

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:27 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Fox666 wrote:You think he would be any different from movie 13?
Correction: Movie 12.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 pm

I don't see why not; I've always thought Gogetta and Vegetto were both very similar in that they didn't mess around when they didn't have to, except Vegetto was more Vegeta-dominant and Gogeta was Gokuu-dominant.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:28 pm

End of GT: stronger than Ultimate Gohan
DBZ: about as strong as Kid Boo (or greater)
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:02 pm

I don't have much reasons to justify this, except I remember a few translations of Vegetto referring to Gokuu as "Kakarotto" whilst Gogeta refers to him as "Gokuu".

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:I don't see why not; I've always thought Gogetta and Vegetto were both very similar in that they didn't mess around when they didn't have to, except Vegetto was more Vegeta-dominant and Gogeta was Gokuu-dominant.
Yeah, I wanna know what people think on this subject and why. :)
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.