What's your favorite DBZ song? ^.^

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:29 am

PsyLiam wrote:Have you just used a pedantically over the top romanisation of an already English word, Miss Jersey "I can't see the point of people writing out 'Bejita'" Milk?
Yes! Yes I confess that I did!! :oops: But I just happened to write it out in the romanji so, so there! :P Give me a break! And what are you doing remembering what I wrote Mr. Memory! I was hearing the Japanese singing in my head at the time I wrote it, so it was probably a subconcious thing I guess.

It must be cute to hear your nephew sing along with DB! And yes, I think the animation sequence for "We Gotta Power" is nicely done, especially since I get to see so many shots of my little Gohan, who is not quite so little, but he's still got the same cute face. I've always wondered why they never changed that end shot too. I mean, that one only really applies up to when the tournament starts. You never see Sharpner or Erasu,(I don't know if I spell that right), again anyway, besides the fact that most of their stuff is filler. And boring filler at that! Poor Yamucha! He really does get stiffed doesn't he?

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:14 am

TripleRach wrote:"Makafushigi Adventure!" has to be my favorite, though it's not actually DBZ.
I second that. That song is the hot jam next to Dragon Ball Densetsu.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:54 pm

have you seen a picture of the DBZ CD you want, jerseymilk? if so, what's on the cover? ^.^
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:24 pm

It's got Goku as a Super Saiyajin and Gohan in his Saiyajin armour standing together, with the Earth in the background. It also has small pictures of the Z Senshi's faces along the bottom.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:39 pm

gasp, i haven't seen it.... why is that cd so hard to find, anyways? just curious...

urhash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by urhash » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:42 pm

Has anyone heard any of Field of View's albums? Can anyone recommend a good one? If I'm going to get it imported from Japan I'd like to know if it's got decent songs... =P

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:10 pm

My favorites are "We Gotta Power" and "Rock the Dragon". Yes, I said "Rock the Dragon". Those opening riffs still get me feeling what's about to happen. Kind of like I know some guys who when playing MK games play the Mortal Kombat theme on cd. It gets them pumped.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:11 pm

Piccolo-san dai dai dai dai daaaaaaaaaai..... sorry, I'm random. my friend are mean, they said gohan's telling piccolo to die! :shock: I will get them.... :x

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:22 pm

At the risk of being an annoynace, for those who imported their soundtracks what online retailers did you use? I'm sorta nervous about shopping at a place for the first time.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:34 pm

urhash wrote:Has anyone heard any of Field of View's albums? Can anyone recommend a good one? If I'm going to get it imported from Japan I'd like to know if it's got decent songs... =P
I would go with "Field of View Singles Collection + 4", it has most of their best songs, plus the DBGT theme, as well as the theme song used for the Yugi-Oh! movie, one of my favourites. If you can't find that, then go with "Field of View Best-Fifteen Colors".

Mochi: The reason it's so hard to find is because the CD is no longer being manufactured. Thanks anyways, but told ya they wouldn't have it! :wink:

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:03 am

Kodoshin wrote:At the risk of being an annoynace, for those who imported their soundtracks what online retailers did you use? I'm sorta nervous about shopping at a place for the first time.
For my new CDs (most of my anime CDs are used and out of print), I always go to Amazon Japan. You can do the signing up and ordering processes in English, but browsing through products requires Japanese. CD Japan is in English and is also supposed to be very good, according to many people, and it seems to generally have the same stock as Amazon. Although it seems to be down at the moment...

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:24 pm

Hm...5 words for ya: STEP INTO THU' GRAND TOUR!

...Or not. Seriously, the first two songs that stand out in my mind are Head Cha-La because it's just so upbeat and classic, and the Spirit Vs. Spirit (Gohan SSJ2 theme), because it really summed up Gohans emotions...sad to exploding.

Bruce Faulconer is a great composer as well though, his themes for Vegeta, Cell, and Majin Buu were great.

Who else here liked "Eternal Sacrifice" by Tendril from the Broli movie?

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:42 pm

Yeah, good ole Spirit v. Spirit. Forgot about that one. That song plays at my single most favorite part of the entire series. Though I sometimes wonder if I'd like the actual song as much if it hadn't occurred at this particular part in the story. It's a tear-jerker of a song, though.

urhash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by urhash » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:04 pm

Kodoshin, I just saw your DVD list. Jesus christ, you have every Dragonball DVD ever released, practically! :o I'll go sulk in the corner, now.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:33 pm

Another good online retailer you can try along with the ones Rach mentioned above is http://usyesasia.com/en/Chinese/Index.aspx , they're Chinese, but they have imports, including Region 2 anime DVDs.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:17 pm

Urhash: I don't have any other hobbies so it's easy to afford it, most people here seem to have a variety of interests. The only reason I even bothered to pickup the old season 1/2 dub only discs was to get a chance to use the coverart in some of the coming re-release volumes.

I still cannot bring myself to buy "Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins" though :)

TripleRach, Jerseymilk: Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it, I'm just kinda nervous about stepping into the pool the first time.

urhash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by urhash » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:33 pm

If a fire ever breaks out at your place, I know what's the first thing you'd be trying to save. ;)

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:33 pm

My favourite DB/Z songs? Sheesh, that's hard. I really liked the simpleness of ''Aru Hoshi no Uta'' (If that's the name), and ''Kinô no Yame'' was sheer awesomeness, too. Then there's songs like ''Kung-fu Taisô'' and ''Water Green Alien''. And... I really like ''Gokuu no Gokigen no Janny''. XP

PS: There is an English sung version of Cha la Head Cha La (Creatively titled ''Chala Hey Chala'', not by Hironobu. The lyrics are way off, but it's actually pretty well sung. I don't by whom it is, where it was created for, or where I got it from, but I still got a full sized MP3 of it on my computer.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:45 pm

Dai wrote:PS: There is an English sung version of Cha la Head Cha La (Creatively titled ''Chala Hey Chala'', not by Hironobu. The lyrics are way off, but it's actually pretty well sung. I don't by whom it is, where it was created for, or where I got it from, but I still got a full sized MP3 of it on my computer.
Are you talking about that song where it sounds like a Japanese guy is trying (poorly) to speak english? If so, I think that one is hilarious. :D

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:18 pm

Kodoshin wrote:Urhash: I don't have any other hobbies so it's easy to afford it, most people here seem to have a variety of interests. The only reason I even bothered to pickup the old season 1/2 dub only discs was to get a chance to use the coverart in some of the coming re-release volumes.

I still cannot bring myself to buy "Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins" though :)

TripleRach, Jerseymilk: Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it, I'm just kinda nervous about stepping into the pool the first time.
You're welcome! I understand your trepidation. You can trust the places that Rach and I recommended.