DBZ music

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

DBZ music

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:01 pm

After listening to the podcast episode that talked about the Japanese music of the series, I've gotten into some of the original Japanese songs.

My question is how do you get the songs? In more detail, how do I find these songs on iTunes? All I get from iTunes are the American soundtracks and of course the daizex podcast when I do a search.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:20 pm

I don't think there's any possible way on getting them on iTunes, your best bet is the buy the legit Japanese cds, like the DBZ Hit Song Collections, the newly released BGM collection,etc. Here's a link to help you out incase you didn't know it existed. It should help you out with what you're looking for exactly.

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/

Someone else can go give he/she the links where to purchase them.

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:17 am

If you're looking for Dragon Ball Z BGM (Background Music) I suggest you get the recently released Dragon Ball Z BGM Collection.

On the other hand, if you're looking to get some vocal CDs with openings, endings and image songs, the Daizenshuu 5CD set is pretty much the best thing you can get. Problem is the set is difficult to find. I suggest you get the Dragon Ball Z Complete Song Collection.

You can find the tracklisting for the BGM Collection here and the one for the Complete Song Collection in the Music Database section Sebastian pointed out.

One more thing - Beware of bootlegs. Ebay and other similar sites are full of these illegit CDs. Just compare what you're going to buy with Daizex's Music Database and make sure the sellers are reliable. If in doubt just post a picture or a link of the product here. Some member will tell you if it's the real thing or not.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:51 pm

I've been wanting to get myself up-to-date on the podcasts (the only one I've heard in full is the first one), but just haven't had the time recently. Which one talks about the music? Is it the main subject of that episode?

As for your question, I don't know what else to add - everyone seems to have covered it :)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:06 am

I'm not sure if these are on the American i-tunes or not but I did find some Toriyama music on I-tunes UK.

Songs with German lyrics:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 0&s=143444

Anime Hits II has
Cha-la-head-cha-la ( German version male singer)
Du Wirst unbesiegbar Sein ( We gotta Powa German version)
Radditz v Piccolo ( have no idea what this track is a German dub song o-0?)
Mondgesicht , Megaherz, Aus dem Weg -These aren't DBZ but from the remake of Dr Slump so may be of interest ^^

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 4&s=143444
Anipara club- Para Para Dance No 1
Dan Dan Kokoro Hirareteku - a remixed cover in Japanese of the GT theme seems to be sung by a German person?

Your best as been said is to find import CDs while these are OK they aren't as good as the real thing. I bought them with promotional credit XD
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:47 am

Azure wrote:...
Radditz v Piccolo ( have no idea what this track is a German dub song o-0?)
It's a useless image song from the first German DBZ OST. The first OST CD contains more self-produced image songs than original German DBZ songs. -__-

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:57 pm

Like everybody says. Buy the CD's. There are a couple of sites that offer the original music, but it usually comes with compensations. But if you're really itching to find something, try looking in Windows Media Player's Guide. There has been some oddities found there, depending on how you search.