Questions on openings/closings - Toei & Funi discs...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amiable-Akuma
Not-So-Newbie

Questions on openings/closings - Toei & Funi discs...

Post by Amiable-Akuma » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:52 am

Like any other total DB fan/nut - I'd like to have all the different original openings and closings for the entire series - both "clean" and with credits (though having the clean alone would be fine). Thus, I have the following three questions:

1. What is the actual transfer quality of the Funi openings/closings versus that of the Toei/Dragonbox discs? Are Funi's still sometimes zoomed in on or as grainy as the episodes themselves or are these things fairly equal in quality between the discs from each of the two companies...?

2. What openings/closings do either Funi or the Dragonboxes provide in their "clean," credit-less form? And if you know, can you name where those specific clean versions might be - I mean, on which particular discs?

3. Finally, - I'd just like to ask if it's true that if you own every Funi disc and all the Dragonboxes - then if you do, in effect, have every single opening/closing in both it's clean and credited form. In other words - is there currently something as such that is completely unavailable on DVD?

kevin449

Post by kevin449 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:05 pm

My UUSE dvds only include the second opening in its second angle. It seems that Funimation doeasnt have the first op animation except in the dead zone movie. If you want them creditless then the tv series dvds are for you. If you want them with the kanji then buy the movies since the animations are part of the movie they didnt edited that out. It is to note that the movies have two angles on the discs, the first one is for the english track which is creditless and the second for the japanese audio track which has the kanji in it. I hope this helps!!!
Goku:HYAAAH!
Buu:Haa...Haaa
Vegeta:What the hell is going on here?

Sorry for this,it's my attempt at humor.
Hahaha!

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:22 am

FUNi's DragonBall discs only use the first intro animation, and the second ending animation. The remaining intro animation and the 3 missing ending animations are only available on the DragonBall Dragonbox for the moment, but let's hope TOEI starts releasing individual DB discs after they're done with DBZ.

As for DBZ, the only place you'll find the first intro animation is on the Pioneer release of the first movie, or the Captain Ginyu discs (where it definitly doesn't belong... and it's not textless either, it uses the credits from the first movie for some dumb reason).

Most FUNi discs uses clean openings, but since they almost never used it, I'm not sure if you'll find a clean version of the first DBZ intro animation anywhere. I've never seen it.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:39 am

I believe there isn't a clean version of the first Head-Cha-La animation at all. :?