The Most Annoying Moment From Each Series.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scott
Beyond Newbie

The Most Annoying Moment From Each Series.

Post by Scott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 pm

If you had to choose something from each series that annoyed you the most what would they be ?

Here's mine.

Dragon Ball - Goku becoming so much stronger for running up and down Korin Tower.................it was 3 days how can he get THAT much stronger in that amount of time ?

Dragon Ball Z - Goten and Trunks becoming Super Saiyans, i hate it. They literally did nothing to even get that far, if it was that easy then Goku would have become a Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball, it's just really stupid. It's Goten reaching the form that really did my head in. He couldn't fly, he couldn't control his ki and his only sparring partners were Trunks and Chi Chi, it just made a the whole Super Saiyan thing look a bit of a joke in my opinion.

Dragon Ball GT - Goku becoming a kid. 15 or so episodes is fine but being a kid for the whole series just annoyed me, especially when he grew when becoming a Super Saiyan 4 :roll: It just makes no sense.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Most Annoying Moment From Each Series.

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Dragon Ball: Drum getting taken out by Goku in one hit after he just finished kicking the crap out of Tien. Way to make all the non-Goku characters look completely useless. Fortunately it was made up by the awesome sequence right after.

Dragon Ball Z: A tie between Future Trunks appearing to stop Cyborg Freeza and Goten and Trunks going Super Saiyan. Both sound like something out of a really lame fanfiction, and both really piss on formerly epic things from the Namek arc.

Dragon Ball GT: Uub being fodderized in general, but especially when Omega Shenron just casually slaps him away.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Dragonball - Anything to do with General Blue. By far the worst part of the arc in my opinion.

Dragonball Z - The entire Garlic Jr Saga. I just want to scream at the screen repeatedly throughout with every lameness or inconsistency. It's not because 'it's filler' - it's because it's crap.

Dragonball GT - I can kind of transcribe this one.

Gohan: Okay Dad, you've done enough. We can take it from here.
Goten: Right. Okay, Trunks, ready to fuse?
*Trunks nods affirmatively*
Goku: No! Wait!
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Dragonball- The Red Ribbon Army arc. I just thougt it was really slow, and wanted to get to the next tournament.
Dragonball Z- The Bulma filler on Namek. Killing crabs and talking to frogs does not make for entertaining television, in the middle of the biggest fight of the series.
GT- The whole Grand Tour arc. I didn't think it was funny, and I got tired of Goku wasting his time on these planets when he could have stomped everyone there effortlessly. Would have been way funnier if Vegeta was there.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Dragon Ball - I don't know about now, but when I was first reading it I was really sad to see Yamcha lose against Mummy just so Goku could be set up for awesome. Especially when he nearly won and Mummy used his bandages to swing back up. That general trend in Dragon Ball just annoys me.

Dragon Ball Z - Not counting anime-only material, Gohan getting fucked over in the Boo arc.

Dragon Ball GT - Shadow Dragons arc, easily.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Saiga complaining about Yamcha getting fodderized? I never thought I'd see the day.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Dragon Ball: It's rather hard to find something wrong with this series. I guess the worst part is segments of the red ribbon arc.

Dragon Ball Z: Gohan not turning Ssj2 more than once in the Buu arc, There is probably something more annoying but filler aside, when referring to the anime, I have very few complaints about DBZ overall.

Dragon Ball GT: Most of the series :lol: . The better question to ask when it comes to GT is what you like about it. I like Ssj4, Si Xing Long and the Shadow Dragon concept, the Tuffle king parasite concept.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Dragon Ball: I hate Penguin Village episodes with passion.

Dragon Ball Z: Mister Satan during Cell Arc. Good god, I wanted to kill him. During Buu arc it was more acceptable and I actually laughed at him... but seriously, someone needed to at least leave him in a comma.

Dragon Ball GT: I... I can't take a pick. Just like TheMightyOzaru said is better to say what I liked of it:

I did like Vegeta's look for the later part of the series. I liked Ssj4 hair. I liked the emotional note to the ending with Goku and Krillin with a last spar.... I liked Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku... I guess that's it.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 pm

"Bardock-san! Bardock-san! BARDOCK-SAN! *food, food, food* Bardock-san! Bardock-san!"

SHUT. UP. KID.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 pm

VegettoEX wrote:"Bardock-san! Bardock-san! BARDOCK-SAN! *food, food, food* Bardock-san! Bardock-san!"

SHUT. UP. KID.
:lol: , Aint that the truth.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Dragon Ball - This is a hard choice for me, especially since I love a lot of the stuff others dislike (like Blue, Penguin Village, etc.). Hmm...I honestly don't think I can think of anything. :shock:

Dragon Ball Z - Probably any and/or every single time Chi Chi starts in complaining about how she doesn't care if the Earth is destroyed so long as her son is 'safe' and 'in school'. Sure, if you mean 'safe' as in 'dead as a doornail' and 'in school' counts when he's in 'Tartarus High School', then sure! ...Yeah...

Dragon Ball GT - When Oob (after merging with Boo) goes down way too easily, making his doing anything at all (or trying to) completely pointless, just so they can have Goku save the day again. Bleh.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Dragon Ball - This is a hard choice for me, especially since I love a lot of the stuff others dislike (like Blue, Penguin Village, etc.). Hmm...I honestly don't think I can think of anything. :shock:

Dragon Ball Z - Probably any and/or every single time Chi Chi starts in complaining about how she doesn't care if the Earth is destroyed so long as her son is 'safe' and 'in school'. Sure, if you mean 'safe' as in 'dead as a doornail' and 'in school' counts when he's in 'Tartarus High School', then sure! ...Yeah...

Dragon Ball GT - When Oob (after merging with Boo) goes down way too easily, making his doing anything at all (or trying to) completely pointless, just so they can have Goku save the day again. Bleh.
You wrote what I am thinking. I picture the Oob situation like this

Majoob: Finally I can save the earth and fight along side Goku as an equal

Writters: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA (the laugh would sound like Cartmans) no
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Dragon Ball:

I can't think of any exceptionally annoying moments (manga-wise)

The pacing of the Red Ribon Army Saga (anime-wise)

Dragon Ball Z:

Gohan getting nerfed or at a larger scale, Kaioshin in general (manga-wise)

Anytime Vegeta is portrayed as a cowardly villain, or Namek/Freeza Saga fillers in general (anime-wise)

Dragon Ball GT:

The ENTIRE Black Star Saga is VERY painful to watch.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Amuro Ray
Beyond Newbie

Post by Amuro Ray » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 pm

GT was fanfiction - I just pretend it doesn't exist

but DBZ started it's decline when all battles are beam struggles instead of fighting, and it's about "transformations." I could have done without Gohan Goten and Trunks personally.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:31 pm

VegettoEX wrote:"Bardock-san! Bardock-san! BARDOCK-SAN! *food, food, food* Bardock-san! Bardock-san!"

SHUT. UP. KID.
Aw, but his voice was so cute! And we get a hilarious "shut up!" from Bardock himself.

Vegeta in general is annoying, up until he fathers Trunks and (slightly)gets over himself.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Dragon Ball: I find the first two volumes (the Pilaf arc) to be mostly boring.

Dragon Ball Z: The general ruining of Gohan's character progression after the Freeza arc.

Dragon Ball GT: What they did with Uub.

Movies: Who in the hell shit on the script of Movie 6 after Goku/Vegeta team up and bring down Coola?

Honorable mention: Why did Akira Toriyama make up a rule about the Dragon Balls NOT being able to bring the dead back whom passed from natural causes just to fub around said rule immediately? Why couldn't the Great Elder just be brought back because the Dragon Balls CAN do that? Weird plot maneuvering.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:36 pm

Dragonball z - The Garlic Jr saga

Dragonball GT - Vegeta being given a really dodgy haircut and a.... a.... moustache. Nooooooooooooo. (goes in the corner and rocks)
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:50 pm

Dragon Ball Z: The anime cutting to Mr. Satan & gang during the Cell Games.

I can't think of anything for DB or DBGT at the moment.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Dragon Ball- not so much annoying but some of the gags got repetitive.
Dragon Ball Z- Suspense, some of it was as bad as some bollywood(hindi) drama/serials
Dragon Ball GT- everything except the ending (which for me made up for the lack of ending from Z)

IDreamtIWasABee
Beyond Newbie

Post by IDreamtIWasABee » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm

The time skip between Cell and Boo. Gohan's an ugly teenager, Trunks is gone, Vegeta's other son and Goten exist, Gotenks steals our chance to see an interesting fusion like Piccolo and Gohan or Mirai Trunks and Gohan, and Videl could've been introduced a short time after the Cell Games (Gohan in middle school) with no problem.

In short, I wish we'd gotten the cast from movie 9 to be the cast for the Boo saga.