Battle of Gods...2?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

penguintruth
Banned

Re: Battle of Gods...2?

Post by penguintruth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:45 pm

They should hype up an epic scale second movie, only to show a jaunty adventure movie starring Oolong, Pu'er, Chaozu, Umigame, and Yajirobe when people get into theaters. And in the last scene Oolong farts and kills Birusu. Credits roll with Toriyama's laughter played over it.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:04 pm

300 million is way too much. There is no way in hell that a DBZ movie is going to make that much money.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 am

I started thinking about the 12 different universes, how each having their own Gods of Destruction with power that is likely either comparable or superior to Beers' own, and how Super Saiyan God wasn't even strong enough to match him.

If they were to have a new series, movie, or series of movies, that would involve the other universe's haikaishin as antagonists, then the series wouldn't be able to devolve into "who's stronger than who" contests. Strategy would have to be used in order to overcome dangerous foes with something other than raw power of fighting strength. Well, that, or have the incredibly uninspired "Super Saiyan God 2" and so on...

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:300 million is way too much. There is no way in hell that a DBZ movie is going to make that much money.
Yeah...sorry about that. Not sure if you read the last page, but their target is actually 3 Billion Yen.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Zephyr wrote:I started thinking about the 12 different universes, how each having their own Gods of Destruction with power that is likely either comparable or superior to Beers' own, and how Super Saiyan God wasn't even strong enough to match him.

If they were to have a new series, movie, or series of movies, that would involve the other universe's haikaishin as antagonists, then the series wouldn't be able to devolve into "who's stronger than who" contests. Strategy would have to be used in order to overcome dangerous foes with something other than raw power of fighting strength. Well, that, or have the incredibly uninspired "Super Saiyan God 2" and so on...
Ssj God is more a power up seeing as how Goku can access it's powers in his Ssj form. If Goku trained himself he might be able to increase his new powers by going Ssj2 or 3. I wouldn't call that uninspired. However yes, strategy would be nice instead of who is stronger than who fest, though, I would imagine Goku will need to surpass Ssj God to have hopes of beating all 12 with the help of his friends, whom should all acquire Ssj God to stand a chance against these threats.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:09 pm

After the near defeat of Birusu, maybe the other 11 Gods are already aware of the Kakarotto´s powers.

Perhaps these other 11 Gods are not too powerful beings.

Maybe those 12 Gods come together and form a unique and unbeatable being.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:51 pm

I think, more movies is not only the best, but the only way to go. No way is Toriyama going to help an entire series, because he's lazy :p Well at least, that's what I think. More movies? Sure! They could make Battle of Gods (or Kami to Kami) a subtitle, like "Kai" was. But the thing with movies is that, for one, the animation is going to better and two is that it won't be GT. If Toriyama is not going to work on the story, let's just face it, it's gonna be GT all over again and that's the absolute last we want :o

Also, they really won't make new movies just to pit a character against another character to 'make things more clear'. It's not on the creators minds. Toriyama wants to tell a fun story and make people laugh, Toei is in it for the bucks, Yusuke Watanabe is in it because he loves what Dragon Ball is, a fun story with gags and some awesome fighting :p None of these people care if Broly Super Saiyan God could take on Vegetto Super Saiyan 3 or not, so you can just stop expecting things like this to ever become clear. It's only going to get more confusing :o

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:58 pm

worldmonsters wrote:No way is Toriyama going to help an entire series, because he's lazy :p Well at least, that's what I think.
I would argue that Toriyama very well might help out on a new series; he likes coming up with stories and drawing character designs, but he hates having to draw the whole thing himself with a weekly deadline. If all he had to do was design a couple of new characters and come up with a short plot every 2-3 months (maybe more frequent at first to help set things up for slightly longer story arcs later on), I think he could handle it since the animation team would be doing the part he doesn't want to. xD
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm

I can see Toriyama helping out with the story and characters with a new TV series. Creators have return to their own franchise before after many years later, so anything is possible.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:26 am

Hate to bump this thread, but I found something interesting on CinemaToday. While looking at one of the new BOG articles, I noticed that under Related Works there was of course God and God, but interestingly enough there was also a listing for something simply titled Dragon Ball. Now I don't know how old this listing is and I'm not sure if it actually is anything but I thought it'd be worth mentioning:
http://www.cinematoday.jp/movie/T0017317

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:39 am

I'm not one to get ahead of myself, especially when I haven't actually watched BOG yet (despite everything I read about its plot sounds awesome) but knowing what I know about the first movie, would I like them to eventually do another one? If it's in a similar, fun-loving vein as BOG is, then yes.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:07 am

Chuquita wrote:I'm not one to get ahead of myself, especially when I haven't actually watched BOG yet (despite everything I read about its plot sounds awesome) but knowing what I know about the first movie, would I like them to eventually do another one? If it's in a similar, fun-loving vein as BOG is, then yes.
I think a series would be better than another movie, with that many universes being mentioned another 200+ episode series would be very much welcomed by me :)

BRING ON DRAGON BALL UNIVERSE :D

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:22 am

You know what would be interesting for the next story? Maybe the other Gods of Destruction have scouts that seek out planets for destruction and one of them shows up at Earth (the GoD he works for sent him to Earth's universe because he thinks Bills has gotten soft and can't do his job), and everyone mistakes him for an actual God of Destruction. A huge battle ensues with the Z warriors barely winning, at which point it is revealed that he is just a scout, and the real God of Destruction is on his way, and he's not going to be happy with the way his servant has been treated. And then maybe Bills shows up and fights along side Goku against the other God of Destruction, because if anyone is going to destroy the Earth, it's going to be Bills. Earth is in Bills universe, after all, and only he has a right to destroy it.

What do you guys think of that? :)

ドラゴ

Post by ドラゴ » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 am

I'm going to say prequels over sequels here. I'm more for exploration of prequels and would love to see the previous generation of Super Saiyans - Maybe get in a few flashback scenes of "real" Super Saiyans creating havoc on planets, the evolution of the Saiyans and why they're able to recieve Zenkais - Also throw in some clips of Saiyan mercenary with the whole Bardock and crew. Showings of the actual culture of the Saiyans and why there are lower and higher classes within the race. King Vegeta and hsi rise to kingship, gow Freeza became the overlord of the universe and how he recruited millions of differenct races into his organisation, how and why the Kais came about millions of years prior to Z. The history of Bills and his duty as the God of Destruction. There is still too much unanswered information for what we already have that I feel can be explored in more depth than building on unfinished craft.
Last edited by ドラゴ on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:36 am

ドラゴ wrote:I'm going to say prequels over sequels here. I'm more for exploration of prequels and would love to see the previous generation of Super Saiyans, the evolution of the Saiyans how Freezas became the overlord of the universe, how the Kais came about millions of years prior to Z. The history of Bills and his duty as the God of Destruction. There is still too much unanswered information for what we already have that I feel can be explored in more depth than building on unfinished craft.
That would be interesting, but I can't see them devoting more than a short OVA or an episode of the series to something like that, as it would leave out Goku. Maybe they will include more back story of Bills and the other Gods as a bonus feature in the Blu-Ray/DVD. I can picture Goku showing up at Kaio-sama's planet wanting to know more about Bills history, at which point the story begins, occasionally interrupted by Goku asking questions.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 am

I have another idea...maybe this other God of Destruction was Bills childhood rival, and they were both trained by Whis as kids.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:55 am

These ideas I'm having are so good, I'm surprising myself haha

ドラゴ

Post by ドラゴ » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:00 am

Lol send in an application form for an internship at TOEI studios bro. Some good plots, plus they're all family-friendly. I think I'm too irregular and profound when in continuity to the whole DB storylines, not that it's a bad thing.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 am

ドラゴ wrote:Lol send in an application form for an internship at TOEI studios bro. Some good plots, plus they're all family-friendly. I think I'm too irregular and profound when in continuity to the whole DB storylines, not that it's a bad thing.
Haha, that would be a dream job, but I have no idea how I'd even go about applying at TOEI, and I doubt my application would be noticed by them. I don't even speak Japanese.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:31 pm

A series would be most welcomed! It's been too long and the potential for an amazing plot. However I'm not holding my breath.
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]