Will Japanese BGM be available at American anime cons?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Daizensushi-x
Beyond Newbie

Will Japanese BGM be available at American anime cons?

Post by Daizensushi-x » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:57 am

I've been wanting some background music and some themes from the japanese version of DBZ for a long time.

Thanks in advance for the answer. :)
-My First short film
Revenge at the Dojo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCK5q8Bcof8

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 am

If they can get legit ones, sure. A lot of cons these days, especially the bigger and better known ones are really cracking down on bootleg selling.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:39 pm

I think you'll be hard-pressed NOT to find the recent CD collections being sold at anime cons this year.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:51 pm

Which BGM pieces are you after?
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Daizensushi-x
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daizensushi-x » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:29 pm

I am just looking for anything i can get my hands on, preferably the newest CDs that just came out recently in Japan.
-My First short film
Revenge at the Dojo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCK5q8Bcof8

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:16 pm

I actually saw the legit columbia version of the DB and DBZ 5-cd set being sold at AX2002. Sadly it was 60 bucks and I was broke. :(

2003 was the final year I saw bootleg products being sold anywhere.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:05 pm

*Sigh* I wish they had anime cons where I live :( It would be sooo fun to hang out (I've been listeneing to the Podcast, and I've come to a realization of all the good stuff I'm missing out on, living in a pathetic little Podunk town)....
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:01 pm

Well, that's good news then, because I was hoping to find the BGM collection set at this year's AnimeNext (which is in my town :D ).

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:19 pm

I don't know if US cons have bring and buy tables but I've been able to grab a DB CD and some manga in the past so get there early and check. Obviously keep your wits about you and make sure what you buy is legit, ( if not sure bring details of what you want to the con or a pirate FAQ.)

The easiest thing would be to order online though if you can't pick the CDs online I suggest you pick what you want off the Daizex database write down their details and a decent large chain CD shop may be able to order them. I got me a Shatner CD that way :P
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk