My First AMVs (YouTube Links)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Komati
Not-So-Newbie

My First AMVs (YouTube Links)

Post by Komati » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:54 pm

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Since you're posting them here to be seen, and likely to recieve feedback, I will tell you my thoughts.

To start...

- Placement:
YouTube was the wrong place to put the video, it's large and it took far too long to load in the player, even on a Highspeed connection. I would have prefered the ability to download it. [Next time, you should probably try AnimeMusicVideos.org].

- Image Quality:
The compression you've used on the video is quite poor, and dramatically alters the viewing experience, when you can bearly see what is going on from pixelated distortion, etc.

- Timing/Syncing:
There is an understood lack of both timing, and syncing, in the video; and a lot of moments within the music where you -could- have synced bits to. Decent videos require a good deal of syncing, to make it seem as if the music has an emotional point, and isn't just a blanket for white noise.

- Emotion:
Like timing, and syncing, the video on its own lacked a lot of the emotion the story arc you utilized in itself had, further, the lack of syncing the music to the video as a whole makes it an emotionless clip that loses a very integral piece to make it -worth- watching, and listening to.

- Music:
Linkin Park is so over-done in recent years, especially the song you used, that the viewing experience basicly reminded me of videos that utilized the music much more efficiently than this one.

- Overall:
The video in and of itself is without redeemable quality, and further, it seemed like you just re-animated a shorter version of events as followed with no culmination. You should take time to view more videos, and learn the fine art of pacing, and timing, within them, to improve the overall quality of your future videos.

Don't take my negativity the wrong way, now, becaue I do not mean to be harsh, I am just trying to lend a bit of constructive criticism that could potentially aid future videos. For a good example of what I've been talking about watch, or rewatch the collaborative DoomRider Project @ animemusicvideos.org.

If you keep working, and learning, you could definitely improve and make videos that will be respected, and possibly if you're lucky, remembered.