Dragon Boxes w/ Faulconer Soundtrack?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Boxes w/ Faulconer Soundtrack?

Post by DBZ Mick » Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 am

I think it's episode #43.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Corpsecreate
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corpsecreate » Fri May 10, 2013 4:26 am

Zenkai wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:

What's wrong with this one? I think it looks great. Do you have this scene from the Dragon Box so that I can compare?
Heres the same pic from the R2 Dbox (not colour corrected).

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 10, 2013 7:00 am

With a bit of tweaking you could gain better results and yet maintain that widescreen aspect ratio that you so much adore, for HDTV's it's definitely worth it even though cropping will destroy important parts of the picture.

^ From Episode 095 (by Anime-Supreme which features the Faulconer Productions score). Tell me this doesn't look damn gorgeous quality! :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Corpsecreate
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corpsecreate » Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 am

The bootlegged version is quite bad actually. Its a poorly synced, poorly subbed (srt), fast low bitrate encode with previous and next episode previews cut out without colour corrections. The video quality is significantly worse than the legitimate R2 Dbox.

Of course, this is just my opinion :)
Last edited by Corpsecreate on Fri May 10, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SativaSam

Post by SativaSam » Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 am

I'm watching some episodes of the Anime Supreme release right now and I'm enjoying the quality. Sad to hear though that it's apparently not as high of quality as the actual Dragon Box itself, but it's the only option out there for people like me who want Faulconer music but not have 16:9 oversaturated horrible picture quality.

As for the syncing, mine seems fine. Then again, like I said, I am watching it in English w/ Faulconer and no subtitles so that might be why.

Corpsecreate
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corpsecreate » Fri May 10, 2013 10:50 am

The sync probably varies from episode to episode. I watched E30 and the sound was coming about half a second early on the faulconer track. My personal faulconer dbox version was manually synced for every episode to be as accurate as possible :)

Oh and the quality isn't even close to the actual dbox. Some speedlines are even completely gone. Oh and I just noticed now that the picture is slightly zoomed in.
Last edited by Corpsecreate on Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 10, 2013 10:51 am

If we could not be name-dropping the bootlegging scum of the Internet, that'd be great. Thanks :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri May 10, 2013 11:36 am

VegettoEX wrote:If we could not be name-dropping the bootlegging scum of the Internet, that'd be great. Thanks :).
Amen, man! :clap:
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 10, 2013 12:54 pm

It's not really that bad as you guys make it considering it's one of the few that made it possible. The other one that I've seen had the quality really compressed which looked complete garbage, this in comparison's pretty good.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Fri May 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Corpsecreate wrote: What's wrong with this one? I think it looks great. Do you have this scene from the Dragon Box so that I can compare?

Heres the same pic from the R2 Dbox (not colour corrected).

Thanks!

The Orange Brick Goku does look white in comparison, but I don't think it's bad-looking.
Last edited by Zenkai on Fri May 10, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri May 10, 2013 1:07 pm

dbboxkaifan, why are you even posting the screenshots from Season 3? It's as if you are encouraging Zenkai in keeping watching the orange bricks? None of us in the forums will ever recommend them to the fans of the series. Not a fat chance. It's very bad. So bad that if I had power, I would make the orange bricks completely non-existant and replace them with either Dragon Box or the Level sets.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 pm

SativaSam wrote:I'm watching some episodes of the Anime Supreme release right now and I'm enjoying the quality. Sad to hear though that it's apparently not as high of quality as the actual Dragon Box itself, but it's the only option out there for people like me who want Faulconer music but not have 16:9 oversaturated horrible picture quality.

Bootlegs are never a good option.

Please, guys, never buy bootlegs.
Last edited by Zenkai on Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Wouldn't it theoretically be possible if you owned both the boxes and bricks to rip the episodes and swap audio tracks around?

And seeing how this derailed into a versus thread, you know how people are usually skeptical going by just screenshots you show them about the orange bricks quality? Watch the episode where Goku reaches Namek, several scenes there really show off the bad cropping. There's one scene where Jeece is just a talking pile of white hair at the bottom of the screen. There's more scenes too, but that's the one I remember.

SativaSam

Post by SativaSam » Fri May 10, 2013 1:47 pm

^ You technically can, you can use a program like Audacity to do it... but I have no idea how to do it and I wouldn't have the patience to sync up the Faulconer music with each episode... would be so time consuming.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Fri May 10, 2013 4:15 pm

SativaSam wrote:^ You technically can, you can use a program like Audacity to do it... but I have no idea how to do it and I wouldn't have the patience to sync up the Faulconer music with each episode... would be so time consuming.
Wasn't the purpose of you creating this topic to find out how to do exactly that? As in get the Falconer music onto the Dragon Box footage? If you don't have the patience to actually do it, then what was the purpose of this topic?

SativaSam

Post by SativaSam » Fri May 10, 2013 10:09 pm

When I created the thread, I did not know how to do anything like this, and I created the thread wondering if someone on the forum had actually taken the DBox footage and added Faulconer (was unaware that this is apparently considered bootlegging)

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri May 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Wel, it's not considered bootlegging if you keep it to yourself. It takes a hell of a computer and a lot of time on your hands to re-encode the DVD with your custom soundtrack and/or fix any synch issues you're bound to have. Technically, to do this the 100% legal way, you'd have to own the bricks anyway and rip the audio from there... so it kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Only if you choose to share it with others online thru the usual methods of piracy.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Corpsecreate
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corpsecreate » Fri May 10, 2013 11:54 pm

SativaSam wrote:When I created the thread, I did not know how to do anything like this, and I created the thread wondering if someone on the forum had actually taken the DBox footage and added Faulconer (was unaware that this is apparently considered bootlegging)
Well it is certainly possible. Like I said, I have done it and have also colour corrected the R2 Dbox as well. It took me forever though :P

Bootlegged

R2 Dbox

My personal encode
Last edited by Corpsecreate on Sat May 11, 2013 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Fri May 10, 2013 11:55 pm

SativaSam wrote:When I created the thread, I did not know how to do anything like this, and I created the thread wondering if someone on the forum had actually taken the DBox footage and added Faulconer (was unaware that this is apparently considered bootlegging)
Not to be mean, but were you expecting it to be a walk in the park or something? I don't know how to do that stuff either, but I can at least infer without knowing the specifics that the process would be time consuming given that we're talking about an almost 300 episode show here, and know from that whether or not I would have the patience to carry it out.

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Sat May 11, 2013 3:13 am

When I was ripping a Buu saga dvd years ago I used a program that took the Japanese language version and hard mixed the subtitles in with the video so I could watch it on my ipod. I've since completely forgotten what program that was, but I can kind of remember something in the audio settings that might have made it possible to easily do something like insert an extra audio track. (synching, chapter setup and all the rest of it kind of make me doubt this though...)

I would recommend you purchase the orange bricks for a source of the faulconer audio for this purpose. We all like to support Funimation, don't we? :)