Dragonball: Ultra Complete Artbook 1985-2013

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kerunou

Dragonball: Ultra Complete Artbook 1985-2013

Post by Kerunou » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Forgive me if this is already posted somewhere else, but I didn't find it so I figured I should bring it up. Have any of you seen this new artbook that came out last month? You can check it out here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... d-in-japan and it's also listed on ebay if you want to check it out there. It's a 240 page artbook, spanning art from 1985 to 2013. I found it interesting that it goes all the way up to the current year, makes me wonder what all Toriyama did art wise more recently. Of course, there'll be stuff for Battle Of Gods but I just wonder what all the book entails, as no completely extensive info is out on it that I can find. I guess I should just shut up and invest in a copy haha. I'm new by the way, hello! :D

Again, please forgive me if this was already posted. :)

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball: Ultra Complete Artbook 1985-2013

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Yep, that's the Dragon Ball Chogashu, we've been discussing it in the Chozenshu topic.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=22114
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Adding the obligatory, "There's a site, too?!"

Chōgashū overview page
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:21 pm

To be fair, Crunchyroll calling it the "Ultra Complete Artbook" isn't very helpful, especially when it's literally named "Super Art Collection" in English in the book itself, which we also/always reference alongside its Japanese title :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::