Why can Goten go SSJ so early?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HP
Beyond Newbie

Post by HP » Sun May 07, 2006 8:00 pm

Steven Perry wrote:maybe Vegeta had the experience of a lifetime lovin' Bulma. Vegeta's new to this "loving" emotion, obviously. After the ordeal, he lost his ability to transform, and went off into space. Does that sound okay?
:lol: Great for a laugh!

And I wasn't, of course, obliterating the genetic heritage. :wink:
beareyes [img]http://image1.beareyes.com.cn/joytlun/img/238.gif[/img]

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Sun May 07, 2006 8:35 pm

With the kids inheriting Bulma and Chichi's short tempers it's no wonder they can turn SSJ early.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun May 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Adnan wrote:With the kids inheriting Bulma and Chichi's short tempers it's no wonder they can turn SSJ early.
:lol: That's priceless, and probably the most accurate theory.

Of course, Gohan inherited Chichi's temper = strength, but not Super Saiyajin from his father. :?
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Mon May 08, 2006 10:19 am

Nah, the temper genes skipped Son Gohan. >.>;; Hence why it took him that "long" to reach SSJ.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon May 08, 2006 10:27 am

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Nah, the temper genes skipped Son Gohan. >.>;; Hence why it took him that "long" to reach SSJ.
I don't think Gohan didn't get any of Chichi's temper.

"Both of us have more power than he does now. Of course with him, you never know what'll happen when he gets mad." -Vegeta talking about Gohan in Babidi's Spaceship.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 08, 2006 1:26 pm

I think what Pedro meant was that it takes a lot for Gohan to get angry, like.....killing his friends for example. :P Granted, once he does, *then* he's definitely unpredictable and scary.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Mon May 08, 2006 5:51 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Nah, the temper genes skipped Son Gohan. >.>;; Hence why it took him that "long" to reach SSJ.
Of course it was just a joke. I don't think any of the kids have a short temper at all. On the contrary, they seem much softer than their parents (but I guess that's cause they're kids).

I think the answer is quite simpler than that. After SSJ was discovered, it became easier and easier for people to use it. It's difficult to make use of something that doesn't exist yet. When Goku finally accomplished the legend, it was now known to be possible and easier to achieve.

Like for example with humans. Took thousands and thousands of years to learn how to fly (planes, that is) but after that major hurdle was overcome, the rest was easy.