A new bootleg original?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Adamant
I Live Here

A new bootleg original?

Post by Adamant » Sun May 07, 2006 8:50 pm

A friend of mine recently visited Hong Kong, where he picked up a couple of CDs. They all, unsurprisingly, turned out to be bootlegs, but one of these I had never heard of before:
"DORAGONBOORU + DORAGONBOORU Z + DORAGONBOORU GT Theme Song Collection" from Miya Records

The tracklist is as following:
1) Makafushigi Adventure
2) Romantic Ageru Yo
3) CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
4) Detekoi Tobikiri ZENKAI Power!
5) WE GOTTA POWER
6) Boku-tachi wa Tenshi Datta
7) Aoi Kaze no HOPE
8) Hikari no Tabi
9) [Ya] na Koto ni wa Genki Dama!!
10) HERO (Kimi ga Hero)
11) GIRI GIRI -Sekai Kyokugen-
12) Burning Fight
13) Kiseki no Big Fight
14) Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru
15) DAN DAN Kokoro Hikarete ku
16) Hitori ja Nai
17) Don't you see!
18) Sabitsuita Machine Gun de Ima o Uchinukou
19) Blue Velvet

I managed to find an online store selling the CD. I guess I shouldn't link to it, but they did have scans.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon May 08, 2006 12:32 am

By all means, link to it so we can learn more. (And I don't mean to buy it.) Perhaps someone has seen the cover before? Also, there's nothing wrong with linking to a site that sells bootleg; only buying bootleg when you know it's wrong is bad, as well as selling it.

I do think the title is pretty crappy, though, because most of the songs are Dragonball Z movie themes, with the two Dragonball themes and the five Dragonball GT themes. They also don't seem to go in any particular order, other than Dragonball, Z, GT...
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 08, 2006 7:02 am

veshira wrote:Also, there's nothing wrong with linking to a site that sells bootleg
Yes there is.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon May 08, 2006 7:41 am

Scans:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 08, 2006 1:37 pm

Oh that one. No that's not a new bootleg, it's been around for years. I've had a copy of that one myself for a number of years now. Mine's from EverAnime, a well known Korean bootleg company. Miya Records I haven't heard of before, I suspect it's probably one of the more familiar companies that has once again changed it's name to avoid being in trouble with the law.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Mon May 08, 2006 2:46 pm

If Miya is a bootlegging company, then that means my Final Fantasy soundtracks are bootlegs. Damn, ripped off again!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 08, 2006 4:30 pm

Kula wrote:If Miya is a bootlegging company, then that means my Final Fantasy soundtracks are bootlegs. Damn, ripped off again!
A good way to tell if a CD is a bootleg is if it's from another Asian country besides Japan. Its not always the case, but it's a lot of times it's a good indicator.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Tue May 09, 2006 8:26 am

Jerseymilk wrote:
Kula wrote:If Miya is a bootlegging company, then that means my Final Fantasy soundtracks are bootlegs. Damn, ripped off again!
A good way to tell if a CD is a bootleg is if it's from another Asian country besides Japan. Its not always the case, but it's a lot of times it's a good indicator.
Haha. I have Final Fantasy soundtracks from them too. Yeah, I'm quite sure they're bootlegs; "Made in Taiwan".

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Tue May 09, 2006 12:51 pm

Leotaku wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:
Haha. I have Final Fantasy soundtracks from them too. Yeah, I'm quite sure they're bootlegs; "Made in Taiwan".
Reminds me of all those bootleg POGs I used to own.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue May 09, 2006 2:26 pm

I recently won an Ebay auction for the DBZ/DBZ2 videogame soundtrack and very angry when I got it yesterday to learn that it was a bootleg from Miya Records. I knew something was up when it didn't come with the bonus DVD that comes packaged with this release. It's kind of funny though how on their bootleg releases the put WARNING: All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws. :P

Hey EX, I think that in the Bootlegs section of the Music Database you should add Miya Records to the list of companies since it seems pretty widespread.