Nail And The Ginyu Force

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: Nail And The Ginyu Force

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:08 pm

I think it'd be safe to assume that any damage Recoome suffered, even if appearing severe, was mostly superficial and hardly affected his power at all.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Kaboom wrote:I think it'd be safe to assume that any damage Recoome suffered, even if appearing severe, was mostly superficial and hardly affected his power at all.
Probably. But he still didn't tank Vegeta's attacks completely like a person enormously stronger would have. I kinda like the 37,000 PL proposed earlier. But 40-45,000 works too.
Then again, I put practically no stock in consistent power level gaps determining fights anyway, so what do I know? :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Undertaker wrote: Chapter: 275 (DBZ 81), P12.4
Context: Vegeta attacked Recoom all out, but it had little effect.
Gohan: “H-he hardly took any damage…”

What damage?
Are you not seeing the cuts, bruises, lacerations, blood, missing hair, missing teeth, busted armor, torn clothing, and general, all-around, beat-up-ness? Just because one attack may not have had much effect doesn't mean that Recoome took no damage. Especially when you, you know, look at him.
Krillin broke his teeth, I guess he must be close to him

Just because he had those traits doesn't mean anything

He got all of this when Vegeta used his amplified blast and Reccome is stated to take no damage

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Undertaker wrote:What damage?
Oh, he took plenty of damage to his physical body. Do the countless amounts of injures to his body mean nothing to you? Also, hardly is still some damage. I feel 40,000 is too big a difference. 37,000 feels about right since I feel Vegeta's Final Crash was 36,000. 36,000 works too for RG96's sake. Damage equal to the opponents BP doesn't do a lot of, if any, damage. Freeza is a good example of this.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Undertaker wrote:Krillin broke his teeth, I guess he must be close to him
It was Reacoom's Eraser Gun that destroyed his teeth, Kuririn just closed his mouth.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:55 pm

I still don't know how that didn't pop his head off like a pez dispenser.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:10 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Undertaker wrote:What damage?
Oh, he took plenty of damage to his physical body. Do the countless amounts of injures to his body mean nothing to you? Also, hardly is still some damage. I feel 40,000 is too big a difference. 37,000 feels about right since I feel Vegeta's Final Crash was 36,000. 36,000 works too for RG96's sake. Damage equal to the opponents BP doesn't do a lot of, if any, damage. Freeza is a good example of this.
16 said Cell took hardly any damage from Piccolo's blast so I guess he was damaged?

Gohan states he didn't take damage. If the attack was close to his power so he would had been damaged

the "hardly" thing is to show that besides his shape, he didn't get weaker or really damaged

I have Reccome=45,000

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:14 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
It was Reacoom's Eraser Gun that destroyed his teeth, Kuririn just closed his mouth.
No, Krillin hit him so Reccome closed his mouth and his teeth got broken

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Undertaker wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Because of the giant laser he was shooting from inside his mouth!
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Because of the giant laser he was shooting from inside his mouth![/quote]

Reccome is still at least at 40,000

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 pm

You can't prove it. So stop stating it as fact.

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strife1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 am

What Draken said.
It's possible that Recoome could be as low as 30,001
It's possible that he could be as high as 59,999 (Exaggerations)
I honestly don't see how he has to be anything though. I personally have Jeice at 43,000. Burter at 42,000. Recoome at 40,000.
His power does not have to be definitely at least 40,000 or it's too low, and 40,000 isn't too high. Just agree to disagree. Instead of having endless power level debates, it'd be better to assume they're around the same strength and factor in their skills and feats instead of just their "power levels"
As we see in the manga Power isn't the only thing that factors into a fight. We know that Vegeta did damage to Recoome, Recoome is a tank and can dish out what he can give, and Vegeta, not completely. got his ass kicked.

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:16 am

Strife1 wrote: Just agree to disagree. Instead of having endless power level debates.
What's the point of a forum then? As long as you bring in new information and don't flaunt around you opinion.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:21 am

Kaboom wrote:I think it'd be safe to assume that any damage Recoome suffered, even if appearing severe, was mostly superficial and hardly affected his power at all.
It not affecting his power just proves that Recoome is a tank who can take some hits. But we clearly saw that Recoome didn't have the degree of superiority over Vegeta that would let him tank and one-shot Vegeta. Again, we've SEEN what it looks like when someone gets attacked by someone way weaker than them; they get hit and aren't even phased a bit. Sometimes they don't even budge from direct hits to the face. They then proceed to beat their enemy in one hit.

This was clearly not one of the most cases. He budged from all of Vegeta's hits, was hurt by them, and clearly took damage- look at his body. Recoome was just tough. He even survived his own amplified attack going off in his mouth. Is it so hard to believe that someone did something that wasn't determined by an arbitrary number, and instead just didn't feel pain and always was able to get up and keep going in spite of what should be grevious injuries?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:25 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Is it so hard to believe that someone did something that wasn't determined by an arbitrary number, and instead just didn't feel pain and always was able to get up and keep going in spite of what should be grevious injuries?
You're really preaching to the choir with that one.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:37 am

Draken wrote:You can't prove it. So stop stating it as fact.
He easily beat Vegeta and took no real damage. You can't prove he is at 37,000. That's too low. Vegeta says he is a baby next to Reccome. Reccome was able to survive his amplified blast and never took a serious damage. He was even laughing.

40,000 is implied IMO

I never said it's a fact

It makes sense since they should be in the middle between 30,000 to 60,000

60,000 >> 40,000+ >> 30,000

The gap between Reccome and Vegeta should be at least the same like the gap between Goku and Vegeta in the Saiyan Arc when Goku used Kaioken X3

Reccome never even took Vegeta seriously. He beat him even easier than Zarbon did so again 40,000 makes sense

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 am

Undertaker wrote: I never said it's a fact
Undertaker wrote: The members should be in the middl between 30,000 to 60,000 ehich is at least 40,000
Undertaker wrote: Because your post makes no sense
How can he be 35,000 when Vegeta was 30,000? 40,000 is at least logical
Edit: What Kaboom said :D
Undertaker wrote: Reccome easily beat Vegeta who was 30,000 so he must be at least 40,000
Undertaker wrote: They are at least at 40,000
I have them at 45,000
And my personal favorite...
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: It was Reacoom's Eraser Gun that destroyed his teeth, Kuririn just closed his mouth.
Reccome is still at least at 40,000[/quote]

Sure. You never said it as a fact. :roll:
Malik_DBNA wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:49 am

Undertaker wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
... No. He was firing his Eraser Gun. When Krilling made his close his mouth, the blast hit his own teeth, breaking them.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:07 am

Undertaker wrote: I never said it's a fact
Undertaker wrote: The members should be in the middl between 30,000 to 60,000 ehich is at least 40,000
Undertaker wrote: Because your post makes no sense
How can he be 35,000 when Vegeta was 30,000? 40,000 is at least logical
Edit: What Kaboom said :D
Undertaker wrote: Reccome easily beat Vegeta who was 30,000 so he must be at least 40,000
Undertaker wrote: They are at least at 40,000
I have them at 45,000
And my personal favorite...
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: It was Reacoom's Eraser Gun that destroyed his teeth, Kuririn just closed his mouth.
Reccome is still at least at 40,000[/quote]

Sure. You never said it as a fact. :roll:[/quote]

It's a fact he was far ahead of Vegeta so 40,000 is logical but never said it was a fact

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:15 am

You do realize that just because you're not using the words "it's a fact," it doesn't mean that you aren't stating your views as facts.

What is a fact is that numerous people have asked you to stop doing this.
Malik_DBNA wrote: