SSJ3 Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku By How Much?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: SSJ3 Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku By How Much?

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Buu also flat-out said that they couldn't beat him even when they were all small. He sensed SS3 Goku numerous times and said that only Gohan was stronger than him, he should know what he's talking about here.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:03 pm

I know. You'd have to be blind to think SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Evil Buu in the manga.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

MDSTSSJ wrote:
Draken wrote:
And it's a fact that all those lies or dodges were later cleared up.

So where does the random "I'm actually several times stronger than I really am even though SSJ3 has a limit of being 4x stronger than SSJ2 and I can beat a fusion and am stronger than my son who has more latent power than me" lie come from?
Yes most of all minus SSJ3 Goku go all out against Pure Boo. Vegeta realize that Kakarotto is not using all SSJ3 power by the presence of him. When Vegeta tells that, it's too late for Goku who was exhausted and lost almost all his energy.

I never support that big random lie. I believe in the SEG multipliers for the first time transformations but also believe that the Super Saiyan transformations can be mastered ( personal opinion ), so the multipliers should change.

Besides that, I also believe in the Ki suppressions when the character requires.

I hope you understand me :thumbup:
Mastering it doesn't mean it gets stronger, mastering means you can fluctuate your power and reduce the strain of the transformation, as shown with FPSSJ. FPSSJ is the same multiplier as SSJ. Goku's "lies" don't change how strong his max was during the Buu Saga.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Evil Boo >>>> SSJ3 Goku is in the Manga and it's clear

Only a fool or a biased fanboy would say otherwise

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:42 pm

You also have to consider that Goku's more arrogant attitude while facing off against Evil Buu inside his own body might have just been a bluff to feign strength. We see how panicked Goku is at the mere thought of fighting Evil Buu when he's talking with Vegeta after removing Gohan and the others, and as shown, he doesn't seem aware of any loss of power as small as he is. As such, when he's there confronting Evil Buu, he may just be attempting to force Buu to back down, that Buu would be nervous about Goku's seemingly confident attitude. Basically the same situation as when Vegeta convinced Gero to flee despite Vegeta actually being in no condition to fight following #19 absorbing his ki.
Undertaker wrote:Evil Boo >>>> SSJ3 Goku is in the Manga and it's clear

Only a fool or a biased fanboy would say otherwise
You know, that's not really a healthy way of approaching arguments. Whether you believe them to be "fools" or "biased fanboys" is one thing, but to just outwardly call anyone who is arguing against you about it is very rude and condescending.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:50 am

Ok, here is what my level would look like if SSJ Gotenks was stronger than Goku post ROSAT:
SSJ3 Goku: 32,000,000,000
SSJ Gotenks(Pre): 27,000,000,000
SSJ Gotenks(Post): 35,000,000,000
SSJ3 Gotenks: 280,000,000,000
Just because, here's Evil Buu and Gohan:
Evil Buu: 260,000,000,000
Ultimate Gohan: 400,000,000,000
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Well that's a step in the right direction imo. I prefer Pre having a bit of an edge as well but at least getting Post there is progress.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:10 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I know. You'd have to be blind to think SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Evil Buu in the manga.
Even in the Japanese anime, it states what the Japanese manga states. The problem is the particular fillers that contradict it. We must go with the overall message here and when a filler contradicts the manga, then the manga takes absolute priority.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:17 am

I'm kind of thinking, for power level purposes on a not-really-serious list, that maybe Gotenks' SS3 multiplier is only x4 off his normal SS rather than x8, because he skipped SS2, and SS3 just multiplies directly off the previous form (/ignores that the Daiz listed him as a user of Super Saiyan 2). I mean, basically anything to make the Fusion Saga less bloated...
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:53 pm

I have SSJ3 Gotenks about on par, or weaker than SSJ3 Goku - about between Vegeta SSj2 and Full power Goku. Gohan is between Gotenks and Goku as well. Taboo, I know.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Chapter: 506 (DBZ 312), P12.4-5
Context: after Goku and Vegeta revert Boo back to regular evil Boo
Goku: “Hehhe~~eh! With this, Boo’s power should have fallen significantly! We’re almost there! See, see: the size of his ki is completely different than before!”
Vegeta: “Alright! Let’s blast out of here and escape!”
Goku: “Wait! Even though Boo has returned to normal a whole lot, we’re still simply no match for his strength!"

Chapter: 499 (DBZ 305), P12.2-4
Gohan: “…That was dirty, you bastard…You ingested the two of them into yourself…”
Boo: “It’s your fault. You were stronger than I, who should have been the absolute strongest…When I sensed your distant presence, I started up on this strategy…In case maybe, just maybe, there was anyone stronger than myself…Then I hit upon it: if I absorbed that ‘Super Gotenks’ squirt I was fighting at the time, then no matter what kind of guy appeared, my throne as the strongest would not be shaken…”

Well there goes that theory.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

PerfectFreeza
Regular

Post by PerfectFreeza » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Axiom wrote:I have SSJ3 Gotenks about on par, or weaker than SSJ3 Goku - about between Vegeta SSj2 and Full power Goku. Gohan is between Gotenks and Goku as well. Taboo, I know.
Except that is horribly wrong, as Daizenshuu says half Saiyans have more potential than full Saiyans.
At very least, SSJ3 Gotenks is above SSJ3 Goku.
Check out and join this awesome forum:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/DragonBallZone/index/

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:36 pm

PerfectFreeza wrote:
Axiom wrote:I have SSJ3 Gotenks about on par, or weaker than SSJ3 Goku - about between Vegeta SSj2 and Full power Goku. Gohan is between Gotenks and Goku as well. Taboo, I know.
Except that is horribly wrong, as Daizenshuu says half Saiyans have more potential than full Saiyans.
At very least, SSJ3 Gotenks is above SSJ3 Goku.
Potential doesn't mean power. Just saying.

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:38 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Chapter: 506 (DBZ 312), P12.4-5
Goku: “Hehhe~~eh! With this, Boo’s power should have fallen significantly! We’re almost there! See, see: the size of his ki is completely different than before!”
Goku: “Wait! Even though Boo has returned to normal a whole lot, we’re still simply no match for his strength!"

Gohan: “…That was dirty, you bastard…You ingested the two of them into yourself…”
Boo: “It’s your fault. You were stronger than I, who should have been the absolute strongest…When I sensed your distant presence, I started up on this strategy…In case maybe, just maybe, there was anyone stronger than myself…Then I hit upon it: if I absorbed that ‘Super Gotenks’ squirt I was fighting at the time, then no matter what kind of guy appeared, my throne as the strongest would not be shaken…”

Goku's dead and we the reader (or viewer) are under the impression he's not coming back to the plane of the living. Nothing really new here/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Axiom wrote:

Goku's dead and we the reader (or viewer) are under the impression he's not coming back to the plane of the living. Nothing really new here/
Buu didn't know Goku was dead.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

PerfectFreeza
Regular

Post by PerfectFreeza » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Daizenshuu 7:
The strongest form of Super Saiyan, which draws the hidden power of a Saiyan out to its limits. However, due to the large energy consumption of this form, outside of the afterlife one can only stay transformed for a limited amount of time.
So SSJ3 Gotenks is above SSJ3 Goku at least.

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Axiom wrote:

Buu didn't know Goku was dead.
Yeah, the gaint Halo above his head wasn't a dead giveaway(hahah, pun), nor was his MASSIVE energy dissappearing off this plane of existance was another. Then again, Fat-Buu wasn't able to sense Ki, and base Goku isn't going to throw off anyone radar. The only reason he detected Gohan was because of his outburst.
PerfectFreeza wrote:Daizenshuu 7:
The strongest form of Super Saiyan, which draws the hidden power of a Saiyan out to its limits. However, due to the large energy consumption of this form, outside of the afterlife one can only stay transformed for a limited amount of time.
So SSJ3 Gotenks is above SSJ3 Goku at least.
All you're doing is quoting what the stages of SSJ do - by this logic, SSJ2 Gohan would always be stronger than SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Axiom wrote: Well there goes that theory.
Goku's dead and we the reader (or viewer) are under the impression he's not coming back to the plane of the living. Nothing really new here/[/quote]
Buu didn't know Goku was dead.[/quote]

Yeah, the gaint Halo above his head wasn't a dead giveaway(hahah, pun), nor was his MASSIVE energy dissappearing off this plane of existance was another. Then again, Fat-Buu wasn't able to sense Ki, and base Goku isn't going to throw off anyone radar. The only reason he detected Gohan was because of his outburst.[/quote]
Fat Buu becomes Super Buu just a couple of hours after Goku fights him. Neither Babidi nor Buu commented on Goku being dead. I doubt Buu even knows what it means; why would he? How many dead people does Buu hang out with?
And SSJ3 Goku was an ant compared to Super Buu. Not even worth his time.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:48 pm

There's also Goku outright saying that he's no match for Super Buu's strength. That quote right there should end every debate on the subject. And yet, somehow, it doesn't.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

PerfectFreeza
Regular

Post by PerfectFreeza » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Gohan and the kids are half Saiyans, therefore they have more hidden power, than Goku.Since the kids are SSJ3, then they surpass SSJ3 Goku.
EDIT:People just don't want to accept it and therefore make all kinds of rather baseless theories about Goku lying, not accounting SSJ3 or being small, than to accept, that Goku can't beat Super Buu and therefore is weaker than Gotenks and Gohan.
Last edited by PerfectFreeza on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.