Nail And The Ginyu Force

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Nail And The Ginyu Force

Post by Undertaker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Undertaker wrote: Reccome survived Vegeta's blasts with no major damage and called it a warm up. Vegeta could not even survive Cui Cui's blasts if he had to stay still instead of using his speed to move

Zarbon and Dodria can take out Vegeta if they team up. Again, Reccome beat Vegeta easier than Monster Zarbon so 40,000 works fine
Who says Vegeta couldn't survive Kui's blasts? Who says that Zarbon and Dodoria could team up and take Vegeta? What does that have to do with Recoome's Battle Power?
Vegeta didn't just stood there as he moved aside

Frieza says it

It has to do because Reccome survived Vegeta's attack without taking a serious damage and Vegeta's attack should be amplified and > 30,000 by a lot

Saichuru says Nail could only help them a little a bit. I really find it doubtful he's stronger than any of them by a big amount, he should be in par with them.

I find it doubtful that a pseudo final flash would have such a low multiplier as to not damage some one at 7k stronger than vegeta.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Undertaker wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Undertaker wrote: Reccome survived Vegeta's blasts with no major damage and called it a warm up. Vegeta could not even survive Cui Cui's blasts if he had to stay still instead of using his speed to move

Zarbon and Dodria can take out Vegeta if they team up. Again, Reccome beat Vegeta easier than Monster Zarbon so 40,000 works fine
Who says Vegeta couldn't survive Kui's blasts? Who says that Zarbon and Dodoria could team up and take Vegeta? What does that have to do with Recoome's Battle Power?

Freeza says it

It has to do because Reccome survived Vegeta's attack without taking a serious damage and Vegeta's attack should be amplified and > 30,000 by a lot

Saichuru says Nail could only help them a little a bit. I really find it doubtful he's stronger than any of them by a big amount, he should be in par with them.

I find it doubtful that a pseudo final flash would have such a low multiplier as to not damage some one at 7k stronger than vegeta.
So? I could survive a punch to the face. Doesn't mean I wouldn't get out of the way.
And a couple of us have spent the last page or so saying why they couldn't take Vegeta. It would help if you would, you know, read the thread.
Says who? It was an unnamed ki attack, and he didn't spend much time charging it. No need for any huge amplification.
37,000 and 42,000 isn't that big of a difference. Also note that there were 3 of the Ginyus around Nail's level.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Undertaker wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

Freeza says it

So? I could survive a punch to the face. Doesn't mean I wouldn't get out of the way.
And a couple of us have spent the last page or so saying why they couldn't take Vegeta. It would help if you would, you know, read the thread.
Says who? It was an unnamed ki attack, and he didn't spend much time charging it. No need for any huge amplification.
37,000 and 42,000 isn't that big of a difference. Also note that there were 3 of the Ginyus around Nail's level.[/quote]

You can't tank a punch unless you are 2X stronger and 42,000 is much > than 37,000 which is what you imply

Yep, Nail's level meaning 40,000+

Reccome took Vegeta out even easier than Monster Zarbon

Why is it hard for you to agree Reccome is at 40,000?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Undertaker wrote:
You can't tank a punch unless you are 2X stronger and 42,000 is much > than 37,000 which is what you imply

Yep, Nail's level meaning 40,000+

Reccome took Vegeta out even easier than Monster Zarbon

Use proper grammar. It's not that difficult, and I'm tired of having to decipher what you're talking about.
The Kikoho was a highly amplified attack that Nappa wasn't twox stronger than, yet he tanked it. Same with Gohan's Masenko, and Piccolo's blast. Freeza tanked Goku's Kamehameha, which was equal to Freeza's power. So no, you don't have to be twice as strong to tank an attack.
42,000 isn't that much stronger than 37,000. And I'm fully ok with Nail being stronger than the Ginyus.
Speaking of Nail's strength, I'm looking right now, and no comparison is made between Nail and the Ginyus. So where are you getting this quote about Nail from?
You can't compare this fight to the Zarbon one. Zarbon went all out from the beginning, and crushed Vegeta, while Vegeta managed to get in a bunch of hits against Recoome, who was just playing around.
I'm fine with 40,000. 37,000 just works better.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Probably because it's so hard for you to not state everything like a fact and think your opinion trumps everyone else's.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Well, powerlevels are arbitrary numbers.

Logically, Ginyu Force's members (besides Guldo) are between 30,000 and 60,000, so we don't have exact numbers. But I think Nail can win Jeice in a hard fight. Nameckuseijins are wise fighters, I think they have some advantage over another fighters that have the same strenght.

Vegeta was at 30,000 and a Gyarikiho to Earth had a "1/3+" add, comparing Vegeta's powerlevel with Goku kaioken x3's powerlevel. The most powerful attack of Vegeta would be at 40,000 IMO, so it's safe to think the Ginyu Force's standard members would be around 40,000.

Personally,

Recoome - 40,000
Burter - 41,000
Jeice - 42,000

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Vegeta was at 30,000 and a Gyarikiho to Earth had a "1/3+" add,
If the Saiyans could change their power levels while attacking, Radditz wouldn't have freaked out when Goku and Piccolo did it agaisnt him.

Vegeta only became able to suppress his power level and increase it when he learned to control his Ki after his defeat on Earth.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:29 pm

rereboy wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
If the Saiyans could change their power levels while attacking, Radditz wouldn't have freaked out when Goku and Piccolo did it agaisnt him.

Vegeta only became able to suppress his power level and increase it when he learned to control his Ki after his defeat on Earth.
Just curious, how do you explain Vegeta's Galic Gun being able to match Goku's Kaio-Kenx3 Kamehameha?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Just because a low ranking grunt like Raditz doesn't know doesn't mean the elites don't know. In fact it would be stupid if they didn't, since Nappa's mouth blast and Vegeta's Galick Gun were both clearly amplified.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:27 pm

The gap between Reccome and Vegeta should be at least the same like the gap between Goku and Vegeta in the Saiyan Arc when Goku used Kaioken X3
24,000 - 18,000 = 6000
36,000 - 30,000 = 6000

Hmm.

Okay, so it's less of a gap if you're going by one number as a percentage of the other... but if you look at it a different way, going by raw numbers alone, a gap of 6000 between Recoome and Vegeta is pretty much the same as the gap of 6000 between Goku's Kaio-ken x3 and Vegeta. (...of course, Kaio-ken x3 Goku vs. Vegeta should actually be a slightly bigger gap than just 6000 since Goku was "over 8000," not just 8000... but since there's no specific number stated everyone seems to just put him at 8000/16,000/24,000 exactly.)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Its all percentage based, not numbers based.

Anyway, I don't know why it needs to have the same gap; Vegeta put up a much better fight against Recoome than he did against Goku there. 37,000 works fine for me. I think that, since it was barley charged, the Final Crash only had x1.2 amplification, giving it an offensive power of 36,000; strong enough to damage Recoome, but weak enough that Recoome can shrug it off.

I think it's implied though that the same blast would've inflicted a lot of damage to someone of the same power level as Recoome, and Recoome was just tough for his level, evidence by Gohan and Krillin being shocked at how little damage Recoome took even after sensing his ki.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Beyond Newbie

Post by ThePrinceOfSaiyans » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:08 pm

I'd say Nail is stronger than Recoome and almost on par with Jeice and Burter but slightly above them.

However if Jeice and Burter teamed up like they did in the Goku battle, I think they would defeat Nail.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:02 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:

Just curious, how do you explain Vegeta's Galic Gun being able to match Goku's Kaio-Kenx3 Kamehameha?
The same way I explain Gohan being able to fight Vegeta a little after that. Fighters lose power as they battle. They spend energy, they get wounded, they take damage. All this drains their power and diminishes their top power as the battle goes on.

Gohan was able to fight Vegeta because Vegeta had already lost a great deal of power. Goku's Kaio-Kenx3 Kamehameha couldn't overcome Vegeta's attack because Goku was already seriously hurt by the strain of a form of Kaioken that he couldn't really handle. Its a mistake to think that his power at that moment had to be exactly the same as his top unhurt and unspent power times three.

So, for example, if Goku's use of the Kaioken had hurt him enough to drop his "base" power to around 5.000 (a 3.000 reduction, more or less) and assuming that Vegeta was also hurt by the Kaioken attacks to drop his power by 3.000 to 15.000, at that moment Goku's Kaioken x3 would more or less coincide with Vegeta's power. And this is a mere a example, I'm not saying that they lost exactly 3.000 or something like that.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:05 am

Reccome, Burter and Jiece are all at 40,000

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:29 pm

I have Recoome at 37,000.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:34 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:I have Recoome at 37,000.
Yep. That works fine for me as well. I'm debating whether or not to have Jeice and Burter at the same level, or slightly higher than that, though. I'm kinda partial to Jeice having the highest battle power of the three of them.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:37 pm

I have Jeice at 40,000. I see power level as a measure of your offensive power (evidenced by it going up significantly whenever someone charges an attack), and I think Jeice should have the largest offensive power of the three since I think his specialty is ki attacks. Like this:

Recoome-
--Offense- 37,000
--Defense- 42,000
--Speed- 36,000

Burter-
--Offense- 38,000
--Defense- 38,000
--Speed- 45,000

Jeice-
--Offense- 40,000
--Defense- 36,000
--Speed- 37,000

Vegeta's Final Crash- 44,000

That hit would've messed up Jeice pretty badly had it connected, but Recoome was able to receive minimal damage. He didn't even feel a lot of pain from it, likely because of his weird alien biology. Their bodies also factor into their attributes; Jeice is a small weedy guy, so his durability is the lowest, while Recoome is a big tough bulky guy, so his speed is the lowest.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:40 pm

That makes sense. What makes you put Burter's offensive skills higher than Recoome's?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:43 pm

No particular reason; it just looks neater on PL lists for Burter to have a higher power level for me. Not that it really matters though; Recoome doesn't have a lot of impressive offensive feats. He defeated Vegeta pretty quick, but I don't think his hits were doing more damage to Vegeta than, say, Goku's were to Freeza. Another example of this system:

Grade II Trunks-
--Offense- 1,250,000,000
--Defense- 1,000,000,000
--Speed- 700,000,000

Initial Perfect Cell-
--Offense- 1,125,000,000
--Defense- 1,125,000,000
--Speed- 1,125,000,000

Nappa-
--Offense- 4,000
--Defense- 6,000
--Speed- 4,000

Android 18-
--Offense- 260,000,000
--Defense- 300,000,000
--Speed- 260,000,000

Certain fighters also have a psychic "stat", separate from their other stats. Form most fighters, this stat would be zero. For certain fighters, like the Ginyu Force's Guldo, it's high:

Guldo-
--Offense- 5,000
--Defense- 5,000
--Speed- 4,000
--Psychic Power- 36,000

Chiaotzu-
--Offense- 610
--Defense- 550
--Speed- 610
--Psychic Power- 3,000

Kaioshin-
--Offense- 1,200,000,000
--Defense- 8,000,000,000 (nah just kidding)
--Speed- 1,200,000,000
--Psychic Power- 5,400,000,000
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:No particular reason; it just looks neater on PL lists for Burter to have a higher power level for me. Not that it really matters though; Recoome doesn't have a lot of impressive offensive feats. He defeated Vegeta pretty quick, but I don't think his hits were doing more damage to Vegeta than, say, Goku's were to Freeza. Another example of this system:

Grade II Trunks-
--Offense- 1,250,000,000
--Defense- 1,000,000,000
--Speed- 700,000,000

Initial Perfect Cell-
--Offense- 1,125,000,000
--Defense- 1,125,000,000
--Speed- 1,125,000,000

Nappa-
--Offense- 4,000
--Defense- 6,000
--Speed- 4,000

Android 18-
--Offense- 260,000,000
--Defense- 300,000,000
--Speed- 260,000,000
Fair enough. I seem to remember doing something similar with Semi-Perfect Cell in my ill-fated minimalist power levels list.
Malik_DBNA wrote: