Dragonballs On Other Planets?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragonballs On Other Planets?

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sat May 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Okay, so we all know about the Dragonballs on Namek, and the ones on Earth. But doesn't it seem likely that there could be a Namekian on some other planet somewhere in the universe, where he has created another set of Dragonballs for that planet?

I vaguely recall in the dub of GT right after the dragonballs cracked, Elder Kaioshin saying that he had seen this on another planet before. Of couse since it's the dub, I can't really take that as hard evidence.

Does anyone know if that's what he said in the original diolauge of the episode?

Either way, it still seems extremely probable that another set of Dragonballs exist out there somewhere.

What do you guys think?
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragonballs On Other Planets?

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat May 20, 2006 6:48 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote: I vaguely recall in the dub of GT right after the dragonballs cracked, Elder Kaioshin saying that he had seen this on another planet before. Of couse since it's the dub, I can't really take that as hard evidence.
Well it's always possible that it had happened on Namek a long time ago and the Kaioshin couldn't remember it was Namek, just that it happened on another planet. He does have his "goof-up" moments. :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 20, 2006 10:00 pm

I can very much imagine there being other sets out there. Why would only Earth, some tiny, insignificant, backwater planet, have a set?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Sat May 20, 2006 11:31 pm

Haha, an awful lot happens on earth for it to be called a tiny, insignificant, backwater planet. Crashlanding saiyans, nameks, Buu's egg....
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 am

What Popo says about another set of dragon balls and an evil dragon destroying a planet was true, though he didn't elaborate on this story. Like many plots in GT, this one doesn't seem to have been thought through. If there had been an evil dragon before all that, why wouldn't he have destroyed the universe like Ii Xing Long tried to?

For one, Nameks don't seem to leave their home planet if they can help it. The only two Namek's we ever see who left were Kami and Slug, and both were fleeing the cataclysm that nearly destroyed the planet. I don't see why there would be other namekians on other planets.

But on the other hand, it's possible that there was more than on Namekian world a long time before DBZ. It's not even unreasonable that Namekian's aren't the only beings capable of creating dragon balls.

Over all, I don't think it's a bad plot device to pull out (especially in GT, not like it could've made it any worse.) But without any kind of back story or explination, Popo's claim seemed as crediable as planet Vegeta's Kami destroying his own planet.

HP
Beyond Newbie

Post by HP » Sun May 21, 2006 8:22 pm

Mr. Announcer wrote:Haha, an awful lot happens on earth for it to be called a tiny, insignificant, backwater planet. Crashlanding saiyans, nameks, Buu's egg....
indeed...
beareyes [img]http://image1.beareyes.com.cn/joytlun/img/238.gif[/img]

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Mon May 22, 2006 1:31 am

It is an interesting claim, for sure. It really spurs the imagination regarding such an event. I assumed the following regardin the matter though, based on what we know about the Dragonball sets we see in the series.

First off, Shenron originally could grant only a single wish. Porunga could grant three, but could only bring one person back per wish. Both dragons were upgraded later. Porunga to be able to bring back multiple people, and Shenron to grant two wishes.

Based on this, Shenron was used for two wishes at a time later on and was used for powerful wishes in many cases when he brought back lots of people so it may have pulled in even more minus energy for such wishes. Porunga was only summoned 4 times during the course of the series', and Shenron was summoned dozens of times.

Perhaps this other dragon that yielded a Shadow dragon was overused too, but was weaker overall. Perhaps he could only grant a single wish and only bring back one person per wish. The creator may have been weaker too. This may have impacted the strength of this other shadow dragon. Or maybe there was a very powerful warrior back then as well who was able to overcome it. These are just theories, but something to think about nonetheless.

The most likely scenario though is that they were weaker. Remember, the first few shadow dragons were easily beaten by Goku and Pan. Perhaps if there were other shadow dragons they were all around such a power and were beaten during that time. Their 1 star shadow dragon may have been weaker and been beaten before it could absorb all the dragonballs and become a near impossible obstacle. Maybe people were stupid and wished for wealth or other items and never asked for wished that required such extreme power.

We have no way of knowing for sure, of course, and it is interesting to think about, but my theory may be the most plausible answer.

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:28 am

heh... woulda been interesting if they added the lil tidbit about Pai Ku Han or Olibu being the ones that defeated the first Ii Shen Long back then. I mean, who knows how long ago they died, how they died, and weren't they considered heroes or legendary warriors to the calibur of Goku?

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:47 am

If I'm not mistaken (and if I am feel free to correct me cuz I haven't seen GT since it first aired on CN) but wasn't the personality of the shadow dragons dictated by the type of wish that was made? If the wishes were all evil wouldn't that make the dragons less eveil?

Also, would the dragons cease to exist if their creator perish?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:11 am

What I always thought was since they explained that whenever the DBs are used for good wishes they release good energy but get evil energy in return, and it takes so-so years for that evil energy to disappear, but since they kept using the DBs so often and for such powerful wishes in a short span of 15 years or so, all that evil energy was too much and thus the Dark Dragons were born. I always thought that since Piccolo Daimaoh's wish was one of the few EVIL wishes actually made by the DBs, they recieved released bad energy and got some good energy in return, which is why Suu Shen Long at least fights fair and has some sense of honor, unlike his twin brother San, and the rest of the dragons.

I wonder what was the big deal with Suu and San being brothers. In a sense, weren't all 7 of them brothers anyways?

And as for your question about the creator persihing.. that would be interesting. Hey guys, all we have to do to save the universe is kill Dende!! EVERYBODY BLAST THE NAMEK KID!!

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:06 am

Wow, this was seriously necroposted, that's nearly a whole nine months from one post to the other.

Coola Yagami, I don't want to get on your case or anything but there's a rule against necroposting here. Just a little heads up to prevent you getting warned by VegettoEX.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]