WWE Bleacher Report mentions DBZ.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Re: WWE Bleacher Report mentions DBZ.

Post by Avenged » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:43 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Avenged wrote:Scripted as in the fights, not what was said or done exactly. The outcome of a fight is already decided.
Just like in DBZ :thumbup:
I'm not the one getting mad over WF/WWE getting compared to DBZ ;) I really do not mind them using DBZ theme songs as long as the songs used are actually good. The English version of Dragon Soul, eh.
I don't want to get into a fight but writing "learn to be an ass..." and "don't get your panties in a bunch..." is being an ass.
Yeah I was being sarcastic, it's ok. :D
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:45 pm

I'll never understand what level of nerd is acceptable to other nerds. It's not like anime is any more socially accepted than wrestling is.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Vice wrote:I'll never understand what level of nerd is acceptable to other nerds. It's not like anime is any more socially accepted than wrestling is.
Depends on what part of the world your in. In America Anime > wrestler by far. In the 90's wrestling was the shit,

In some countries I know the wrestling is still the shit.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Vice wrote:I'll never understand what level of nerd is acceptable to other nerds. It's not like anime is any more socially accepted than wrestling is.
Then there are sports nerds, but that's considered socially acceptable.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:44 pm

ABED wrote:
"People who like football are people who obsess over something others find very very boring. They archive all the stats and players and scores in their memory, keep up with all the updates, put posters of their favorite personalities on their walls, go to places where there are large congregations of people who also obsess over the very boring thing, and they even buy the shirts that their favorite personalities wear so that they can dress like them. "Cosplay," if you will. There's a word for this, and that word is "nerd."
"I'm not judging. We're all nerds here. I would argue virtually everyone is. After all, what is a nerd? It's someone who has a passion for something. There are gaming nerds, and music nerds, and TV nerds, and train nerds, and yes, there are sports nerds. Let's stop all this nerd-on-nerd judgmentalism, alright? And pity that tragic minority of people who aren't nerds. People for whom there is nothing that provokes any passionate interest. Who regard all things with folded arms and an aloof sneer. What sad, empty, friendless lives they must lead."

Truer words have never been spoken.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
ABED wrote:
"People who like football are people who obsess over something others find very very boring. They archive all the stats and players and scores in their memory, keep up with all the updates, put posters of their favorite personalities on their walls, go to places where there are large congregations of people who also obsess over the very boring thing, and they even buy the shirts that their favorite personalities wear so that they can dress like them. "Cosplay," if you will. There's a word for this, and that word is "nerd."
"I'm not judging. We're all nerds here. I would argue virtually everyone is. After all, what is a nerd? It's someone who has a passion for something. There are gaming nerds, and music nerds, and TV nerds, and train nerds, and yes, there are sports nerds. Let's stop all this nerd-on-nerd judgmentalism, alright? And pity that tragic minority of people who aren't nerds. People for whom there is nothing that provokes any passionate interest. Who regard all things with folded arms and an aloof sneer. What sad, empty, friendless lives they must lead."

Truer words have never been spoken.
Where'd that quote come from? I love it.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:20 pm

ABED wrote: Where'd that quote come from? I love it.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... -Nerds-Too
It's the second page of this article.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:48 pm

INteresting article except for "And at least football doesn't do any harm. Besides all the violence committed by football hooligans. And the economic effects of the massively exorbitant salaries. And all the ways it draws attention and funding from arts, science and cultural growth."

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:51 pm

ABED wrote:INteresting article except for "And at least football doesn't do any harm. Besides all the violence committed by football hooligans. And the economic effects of the massively exorbitant salaries. And all the ways it draws attention and funding from arts, science and cultural growth."
Well, he is a video game reviewer, so I imagine he's a bit biased. I enjoy his reviews though, so I can overlook that.
And soccer (he's British, I'm not sure he mentioned that in the article, so that's what he means by football) fans in Europe can get pretty extreme :P

And it's still a great quote.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
ABED wrote:INteresting article except for "And at least football doesn't do any harm. Besides all the violence committed by football hooligans. And the economic effects of the massively exorbitant salaries. And all the ways it draws attention and funding from arts, science and cultural growth."
Well, he is a video game reviewer, so I imagine he's a bit biased. I enjoy his reviews though, so I can overlook that.
And soccer (he's British, I'm not sure he mentioned that in the article, so that's what he means by football) fans in Europe can get pretty extreme :P

I got that, I was more referring to the last half of the quote, the stuff about the exorbitant salaries, it's terrible economic effects and how it takes away from things he deems socially valuable. Aside from being wrong economically, it's an irrelvant aside.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:00 pm

ABED wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

I got that, I was more referring to the last half of the quote, the stuff about the exorbitant salaries, it's terrible economic effects and how it takes away from things he deems socially valuable. Aside from being wrong economically, it's an irrelvant aside.
Well, I know next to nothing about the effects that sports have on the arts or economy, so I can't really comment on that. As for cultural growth, he's wrong there, but I don't listen to the reviews and read his articles for his societal views, so it doesn't really bother me.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:57 am

Nobody watches wrestling because they think it is "real." The athleticism is real, though. But it's like watching a magic show or a play. You are watching to be entertained.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

tysonwritesel

Post by tysonwritesel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 am

Thing is WWE's Jim Jonston can make crap sound like gold. LOL@Dragon Soul...
tysonwritesel, @Kanzenshuu member for 9 years, 2 months, 29 days! ***3-18-2004***

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:35 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Faulconer music is hardly part of Dragon Ball Z, it's only recognisable in America and some fans in UK/Canada.

Whenever I see "WWE" it reminds me of its pathetic wannabe fighting and awful acting. Don't know how adults can enjoy something as fake as wrestling.
Gee, you didn't sound condescending at all :roll: . There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking wrestling as a grown man just because you have preconceived notions about it. People don't watch it with the expectation of it being "real," they watch it to be entertained.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 pm

Bryan gets Dragon Soul and WWE auto-loses to TNA in the next 7-12 following years...

The Attitude Era NEVER should have left. It was seriously the BEST time to EVER be a wrestling fan. A true man's show. ...now its become a simple kid's show with some women who love Cena. Guys just go to see the occasional cameo of a actual wrestler people liked or just make fun of Cena...or make fun of Bryan by saying Yes and/or No...

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:40 pm

mAcChaos wrote:Nobody watches wrestling because they think it is "real." The athleticism is real, though. But it's like watching a magic show or a play. You are watching to be entertained.
This.
I hate when people make fun of others by saying wrestling is fake. ... :problem: seriously, you think we don't know?... We watch for "en-ter-tain-ment".

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:50 pm

hulkty wrote:Bryan gets Dragon Soul and WWE auto-loses to TNA in the next 7-12 following years...

The Attitude Era NEVER should have left. It was seriously the BEST time to EVER be a wrestling fan. A true man's show. ...now its become a simple kid's show with some women who love Cena. Guys just go to see the occasional cameo of a actual wrestler people liked or just make fun of Cena...or make fun of Bryan by saying Yes and/or No...
Nah Tna would still lose. Daniel Bryan would be a joke through. BTW if you read the article they gave Brad Maddox a Big time Rush song. The city is ours. LOL. To be honest the PG era isn't bad. IMO the first 2008 - 2010 is bad. 2011 - present is honestly good and hardcore fans are getting interested again. IMO PG era is very underrated. Through IMO Ruthless Aggression Era > Attitude Era. Since the wrestlers had much better talent and matches than the Attitude era. Through I'll admit. The Attitude era had better promos because of the mic skills. Almost everyone had great mic skills. Dainel Bryan Yes chants are great IMO. If you complain about that you HAVE to complain about the "What" chants Stone Cold made. Don't use the excuse that it happen in the attitude era or it was made by Stone Cold. So yeah Attitude had better promos and stories, Ruthless Aggression had better talents and matches, and PG had great athletics and great talents. The Era is underrated IMO.

P.S. Even through from 2007ish - 2010. Cena got occasional Boos from crowds. 2011 - present people are starting to dislike him more and more. Seriously even kids. Only women cheer now. I'm going by majority btw. His "pops" from kids and women are getting smaller and the boo's are getting louder.

DynasticHunter
Beyond Newbie

Post by DynasticHunter » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
hulkty wrote:Bryan gets Dragon Soul and WWE auto-loses to TNA in the next 7-12 following years...

Nah Tna would still lose. Daniel Bryan would be a joke through. BTW if you read the article they gave Brad Maddox a Big time Rush song. The city is ours. LOL. To be honest the PG era isn't bad. IMO the first 2008 - 2010 is bad. 2011 - present is honestly good and hardcore fans are getting interested again. IMO PG era is very underrated. Through IMO Ruthless Aggression Era > Attitude Era. Since the wrestlers had much better talent and matches than the Attitude era. Through I'll admit. The Attitude era had better promos because of the mic skills. Almost everyone had great mic skills. Dainel Bryan Yes chants are great IMO. If you complain about that you HAVE to complain about the "What" chants Stone Cold made. Don't use the excuse that it happen in the attitude era or it was made by Stone Cold. So yeah Attitude had better promos and stories, Ruthless Aggression had better talents and matches, and PG had great athletics and great talents. The Era is underrated IMO.

P.S. Even through from 2007ish - 2010. Cena got occasional Boos from crowds. 2011 - present people are starting to dislike him more and more. Seriously even kids. Only women cheer now. I'm going by majority btw. His "pops" from kids and women are getting smaller and the boo's are getting louder.
WWE got old for me, I try getting back into it but then I stop watching. Cena annoyed the hell out of me though, extremely overrated.
steam: broccoili

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:45 am

Cena annoyed the hell out of me though, extremely overrated.
Overrated by women and kids but over the years he's been booed a lot more. He got booed over DAVID OTUNGA. That's ashamed. Cena is just a company man made by Vince himself. If you notice Triple H is trying to make new stars(Sighing independent stars and praising other stars that's NOT John Cena) and the legends are so as well(y2j does it all the time , Stone Cold loves Punk, and Mick Foley is jealous of CM punk). Cena character was bad in 2008 - 20010. But now it's MUCH WORST. He's not funny and he can take fucking 40 finishers in one match and still kick out. He did it with Dolph Ziggler.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:29 am

Basically DBZ is the Attiude Era of anime.