Ranking the Top Tiers.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Ranking the Top Tiers.

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 pm

So yeah, basically this thread is about how you personally rank the top tier heroes and villains from weakest to absolute strongest starting from the Boo arc and Movie 12 to the end of GT.

and PLEASE be serious about GT I.E none of the "Base Goku>>> SSJ4 Goku<< SSJ4 Gogeta" nonsense regardless of how certain fights ended we KNOW SSJ4 Goku is supposed to be Goku at his strongest unless you believe SSJGod is stronger.

But anyway heres how I rank em.

The weakest Strongest guy is -Janemba

GohanBoo, (Janemba?) I'm not sure where to put him but at his weakest he comparable to GotenksBoo imo..

SSJ Gogeta

SSJ Vegetto, Godku, Super Baby Vegeta 2, Super 17 (not sure if he's really stronger than Super Bebi 2 before he starts absorbing energy)

SSJ4 Goku, SSJ4 Vegeta, Oozaru Bebi Vegeta, Beers

SSJ2 Gogeta

SSJ2 Vegetto, Super 17, (Whis?)

Syn Shenron, Whis (again?) not sure how strong he is but I'm sure this is where he reasonably tops out.

SSJ3 Gogeta

SSJ3 Vegetto, Omega Shenron

SSJ4 Gogeta is without a doubt King Supa Powa.

So yeah thats how I rank the top tiers from weakest to supreme super being. Everything is subject to change if necessary but yeah thats that. Gogeta is seemingly in leagues of his own because I feel like the only one who could make Gogeta bleed (side from the villains listed) is Vegetto and vice versa, to me the only core difference between Vegetto and Gogeta (not necessarily the fusion methods) is that Gogeta is fighting against time. IMO Gogeta is a watered down Vegetto and thats not really saying much but because I feel is though most of that in this case is because of the fusions 30 minute time limit, 5 minutes if he's SSJ3 but then again five minutes against either of the SSJ3 fused super dads would feel like 50 years unless of course your equal to or stronger than them in Omega Shenrons case.

So do you you agree with my list? I'm curious to see how you guys rank Dragon Ball's Top Tier characters from weakest to Supreme Super Being.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: Ranking the Top Tiers.

Post by Rocketman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 pm

-Vegetto

-Scrubs

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 pm

PLEASE be serious about GT I.E none of the "Base Goku>>> SSJ4 Goku<< SSJ4 Gogeta" nonsense regardless of how certain fights ended we KNOW SSJ4 Goku is supposed to be Goku at his strongest
Being 100% serious right now. But that's how Toei Animation works in all honest-ness. They even have Goku > Vegetto in the anime. But I see you don't want of that so that's all I can say about it.

I'm doing Manga-BoG-SOME filler(NO GT).

The weakest Strongest guy is - Goku

Goku at his strongest is still weaker than Gotenks who is debatable about how much stronger he is than Super Boo. Not using SSG since that's not his own power
Pure Boo is tied with Goku.
Super Boo
Gotenks
Piccolo Boo
Gohan
Buff Boo
Bootenks
Boohan
Vegetto
Birshu(I like my own spelling of the name. Other names are Bills, Beers, Birsu)
Whis
Akira Toriyama(According to Daizenshuu)

The strongest weakling - Piccolo
Sad to see Piccolo go from important to weaker than SSJ Kids in Boo Arc. Honestly think that was a slap to his pink knees
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha
Super Perfect Cell
SSJ 2 Kid Gohan
Mr. Boo
Vegeta(Post Majin)
Fat Boo

Most Skilled -
Whis
Birsu
Piccolo
Goku
Gohan Rage
Cell
Roshi
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha
Freeza
King Kai
Gohan
Vegeta
Super Boo + All people he taken
Videl
Mr satan
Average Human
The Fans of DB-DBZ-DBGT
Fat Boo and Mr Boo

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:28 pm

There's my rough approximation of a good number of them from a few month ago. Some of the placement was kind of arbitrary and some characters could be argued to be placed elsewhere, I guess.

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:54 pm

I don't know what GT is, so I don't talk about it...BUT

Vegetto/Gogeta
Gohan Buu
Gotenks Buu
Janemba Super
Goku
Kid Buu
Gohan
Super Buu
Gotenks
Fat Buu
Broly LSSJ (second coming)
Vegeta
Piccolo
Goten and Trunks

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 am

@TheGmGouken

Since you opted not to do GT, your list seems a bit obvious. The point of me making this thread was because I wanted to see where everybody placed the super strong guys who's strengths have been sorta thrown into swirl of maybe's and perhapes especially since the announcement of Battle of Gods. Thats why I didn't bother doing characters like Gotenks or Rildo because I was trying to see where people placed the fighters who we KNOW are supposed to be top dog in one way or another.

@Zephry

Wow placing Whis on par SSJ4 Gogeta? what makes you come to such a conclusion?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:09 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:@TheGmGouken

Since you opted not to do GT, your list seems a bit obvious. The point of me making this thread was because I wanted to see where everybody placed the super strong guys who's strengths have been sorta thrown into swirl of maybe's and perhapes especially since the announcement of Battle of Gods. Thats why I didn't bother doing characters like Gotenks or Rildo because I was trying to see where people placed the fighters who we KNOW are supposed to be top dog in one way or another.
Putting DBGT in there is also obvious. Same if you include the movies and DBGT together.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 am

No GT, so I'll just stick to the manga and movie top tiers.

God-tier

Super Vegetto

Fusion-tier

HIGH:
Buuhan
Buutenks
SS3 Gogeta
Hirudegarn

MID:
Ultimate Gohan
SS3 Gotenks

LOW:
Buff Buu
Super Buu

SS3-tier

HIGH:
SS Gotenks
Janemba
Evil Buu

MID:
Pure Buu
SS3 Goku

LOW:
Mr. Buu
South Kaioshin

SS2-tier

HIGH:
Fat Buu (Power Up 1)
SS2 Goku
SS2 Majin Vegeta
SS2 Gohan (Cell Saga
Super Perfect Cell

MID:
LSS Broly (Movie 10)
SS2 Vegeta (pre-Majin)
Fat Buu (Initial)

LOW:
SS2 Gohan (Buu Saga)
Dabra
Perfect Cell

This is more or less still the case in BOG and the end of the series. Goku can train as much as he wants, but the Fusion Saga guys are not a level he can ever reach.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:23 am

Shouldn't there be a 2nd Fat Buu power up in there somewhere.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:24 am

Yeah, but I don't think he really fits anywhere. He's his own tier, in between the SS2s and SS3s, but being far closer to the former than the latter.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:48 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Wow placing Whis on par SSJ4 Gogeta? what makes you come to such a conclusion?
Trying to make as few unnecessary assumptions as possible I guess.

The basic hierarchy of:

Whis
Beers
Super Vegetto
Buuhan
Buutenks
Ultimate Gohan

...is pretty straightforward and standard, from what I've seen others put forward. The GT Perfect Files, or some other GT-inclusive guide, vaguely implies that SSj4 Goku is on par with Super Vegetto, so I placed that there. Super Yi Xing Long is more powerful than him, so why not put him one tier up. SSj4 Gogeta is more powerful than him, so why not put him one tier up. That makes it all fit snugly without too many random tiers each with only one person.

Sure, it's arbitrary, but there's really nothing explicitly contradicting it, and there's not even any way of comparing the GT top dogs to the BoG top dogs in the first place, given how vague and open ended BoG's ending leaves things, so I just go with this.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:06 am

Super Vegetto
Gohan-absorbed Boo
Son Gohan
Super Gotenks
Super Saiyan 3 Goku
Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta
Cell post self-destruct

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:59 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:No GT, so I'll just stick to the manga and movie top tiers.

God-tier

Super Vegetto

Fusion-tier

HIGH:
Buuhan
Buutenks
SS3 Gogeta
Hirudegarn

MID:
Ultimate Gohan
SS3 Gotenks

LOW:
Buff Buu
Super Buu

SS3-tier

HIGH:
SS Gotenks
Janemba
Evil Buu

MID:
Pure Buu
SS3 Goku

LOW:
Mr. Buu
South Kaioshin

SS2-tier

HIGH:
Fat Buu (Power Up 1)
SS2 Goku
SS2 Majin Vegeta
SS2 Gohan (Cell Saga
Super Perfect Cell

MID:
LSS Broly (Movie 10)
SS2 Vegeta (pre-Majin)
Fat Buu (Initial)

LOW:
SS2 Gohan (Buu Saga)
Dabra
Perfect Cell

This is more or less still the case in BOG and the end of the series. Goku can train as much as he wants, but the Fusion Saga guys are not a level he can ever reach.
Why didn't you include Whis, Birusu, or SSJG Goku? Unless you're not including BoGs until you see it.

Anyway, my list (No GT):

1. Whis
2. Birusu
3. SSJG Goku
4. Vegito
5. Buuhan
6. Buutenks
7. Mystic Gohan
8. Buu (Piccolo absorbed)
9. Super Buu (base form)/SSJ3 Gotenks
10. SSJ3 Gotenks/Super Buu (base form)

These are basically the top tiers to me. Everything below are high tier and lower.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:55 pm

If you're really ranking the strongest of the strongest, it seems odd to include movie characters. No matter how you slice it, nobody but Broly, Janemba, and Hildegarn would really rank; at least I don't think. My rough approximation, sticking mostly with the manga and assuming everyone's power ups are in full effect:

Vegetto
Beers
Goku
Whis
Gotenks
Vegeta
Gohan
Uub
Majin Buu
Piccolo
Trunks
Goten

After that you're getting into middle tiers. I guess the next strongest person down the list would be Pan? Dabra? Cell? 18?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Vegito stronger than Beers?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:07 pm

mAcChaos wrote:Vegito stronger than Beers?
I haven't seen the movie, from what I can gather, he and Goku are giving each other a hard time throughout the film. Yeah, he flicked Super Saiyan 3, but Super Saiyan 3 Goku is still weaker than Vegetto by a fairly good margin.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 pm

My personally rank from strongest to weakest:

SSJ4 Gogeta

Super Yi Xing Long

Whis

Birusu

SSJ God Goku = SSJ4 Kakarotto Beyond Limits = SSJ3 Vegetto

Yi Xin Long

SSJ4 Goku = SSJ4 Vegeta

Gogeta SSJ3

Bebi Vegeta

SSJ2 Vegetto

SSJ3 GT Adult Kakarotto ( post Oob training )

Super N 17

SSJ Vegetto = Gogeta SSJ2 = Gokhan

Vegetto = Gogeta SSJ1

Boohan

Bootenks

Buff Boo = Ultimate Gohan > = < SSJ3 End of Z Goku = SSJ3 GT Kid Kakarotto

Super Boo = Super Janemba = SSJ3 Gotenks = SSJ3 BoG´s Kakarotto

Hildegarn 2nd transformation

SSJ3 Boo´s Arc Goku = Pure Boo = Grey Boo = Oob

Fat Boo

Mr Boo

SSJ2 Majin Vegeta = SSJ2 Kakarotto

Dabura

SSJ2 Gohan

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:44 pm

B wrote:
mAcChaos wrote:Vegito stronger than Beers?
I haven't seen the movie, from what I can gather, he and Goku are giving each other a hard time throughout the film. Yeah, he flicked Super Saiyan 3, but Super Saiyan 3 Goku is still weaker than Vegetto by a fairly good margin.
It's already been stated Birusu is the strongest character in the history of DBZ, which would include Vegito, so there's really no reason to have him ahead of Birusu.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 pm

SSJ4 Gogeta(GT)
Whis
Beers
SSJ God
Super Yi Xing Long
SSJ3 Vegetto
SSJ4 Goku(GT)
SSJ4 Vegeta(GT)
SSJ2 Vegetto
SSJ Vegetto
SSJ3 Gogeta
SSJ2 Gogeta
SSJ Gogeta
Vegetto
Buuhan
Buutenks
Gohan
SSJ3 Gotenks
Evil Buu
Gogeta
SSJ2 Gotenks
SSJ3 Goku
Pure Buu
SSJ Gotenks
Pure Evil Buu
Mr Buu
SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta
Super Perfect Cell
Kibitoshin
SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta
Piccolo
SSJ Trunks
SSJ Goten
Gotenks
C-18
Freeza
Goku and Vegeta
Trunks
Goten
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Shineman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shineman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:51 pm

God Tier:
SSj4 Gogeta
Whis

Highest Tier:

Yi Xing Long (In General)
SSj4 Goku
Extreme Super 17
Bebi Vegeta (Super+)
Beers
SsjGod Goku
Vegetto/Gogeta (In General)
Super Boo (Gohan Absorbed)
Janempa (Final)
Super Boo (Gotenks Absorbed)

High Tier:
Super Oob (?)
Ultimate Gohan
Super Boo
Gotenks (In General)
Ssj3 Goku
Pure Boo
Fat Boo

This is what I have at the moment. There are several characters I haven't place in yet, due to figuring out where they fit best (and I can't remember their names at the moment). Another thing, I'm confused of where Super Oob should be placed, along with Super 17 (No Energy Absorbed) and Ssj4 Vegeta. Then, there's the Shadow Dragons, some movie characters for the next following tiers (Mid, Low, etc). The "In General statement" along side of the characters, are basically just putting out their full powers rather than placing "Super this, Super that and Super Cyan".
"You, your family, everyone, will die. Over and over. Mountains of broken bodies, beneath the wheel." - Lich (Crossover, Adventure Time Season 7, episode 23)

I run a general discussion site: https://cosmiccitycrews.com/index.php