Just read EX's update about no Live-Action Movie!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:09 am

laserkid wrote:what KIND of pie?

is it mudpies MADE FROM PEOPLE?! THEY'RE PEOPLE! ((MAD props to anyone who gets the source from this, not the movie source, the parody that I'm quoting exactly))
Meh... if it's not Soylent Green, then I'm clueless. :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:25 am

It was Dai who said that??? Interesting... Well, I'm just going to make some kind of muffin pie with jello on it... Or not. I think I'll just eat some cereal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Just Read EX's Update About No Movie!

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:55 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:I don't know how many others have seen it but, apparently, well Fox isn't making a movie! I'm soooooo happy!!! I really hope things stay this way!!! :D
Am I the only one feeling dissapointed?
I was looking forward to seing DBZ with new technology effects.
Althought the movie surely would've sucked it would be pretty neat to watch awesome dbz fighting packed into a movie with modern technologi :P

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:30 pm

Kyle Hebert posted a followup to this news story on his site, he got in touch with ILM who reportedely was the company in charge of special effects production and they also said they heard the movie wasn't happening.

So as it stands this story is looking even more solid.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:23 pm

Hmmmm, so from the looks of things, the only ones that seem to unaware of this is Funimation. Either that or they're just delusional, since I heard they were still claiming a movie was happening on their website. :?

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:38 pm

I'm surprised no ones seen the God and Devil show, you poor poor people, I think their archive actually has said charlton heston episode lets see if I can find it -

http://www.mondominishows.com/ click on mondo mini shows, the God and Devil Show, and then on Charlton Heston, and enjoy the comedy

and yeah I also like it that we've got such a nice environ,ment in here as well. and if ILM was told no to this begins to add up.
-Laserkid

WilliexWillie

Post by WilliexWillie » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:11 am

IMO fox wouldn't know how to make a DBZ movie work. They would have to cram a lot of back story just to get the movie started. Find the right people to direct,act and produce.

But It would be cool to see the Original DB in to a fantasy movie.
they could take the plot of the first and fourth DB movie and combine them.

...Nah :?
Blah blah blah

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:22 am

there WAS a live action DB movie and it was BAAADDD
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:46 am

I decided to check Funimation's website last night and they still have the news posting up about the movie, and there hasn't been anything new added. Hopefully it's just because they don't bother to update the site very much.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:31 pm

I don't really take the FUNimation website as an official source of info anymore. Hell, their only ''news'' on this Dragon Ball Live Action Movie (DBLAM, tee hee.) is some stuff from Savage Z.

And that's not exactly a reliable souirce, right there.

... ... ... Did someone say Jello?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:52 pm

Yes Dai, Zacko wants you to have a war with your Jello against Keithito's muffins and Mattias' pies. :lol:

No, I never go to Funimation's website either. I just thought I'd check for a lark. 8)

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:15 pm

FUNimation boards are pretty shocking :)

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:33 pm

I posted the info over at DeviantArt. Unfortunately there's still a few peole who are ignorant and still think it's still being made.

I'd rather not have it made. Who'd want more DBZ fanboys years after it's ended in Japan and a few months after it's ended here? (Though GT's still being shown)

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:16 am

The Chineese live action movie was cool, I really liked it. People say it's cheesey, but i think it does a good job telling a dagonball story and the music is awwwwwsome. I want this USA movie to be made to increase chances for a new anime. I think if anything was going to bring a new anime it would be a North American high budget movie. DRAGONBALL FOREVER!!!!
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:39 am

I disagree, I just don't think Toei wants to take that risk again. *cough GT cough* It's been ten years now and all though there has been a bit of a renewed interest in Japan with the 20th anniversary, I certainly don't think it's enough support to warrant a whole new series. Plus, we definitely know that Toriyama is adamant that he won't do anything more with DB. Perhaps though, we can hope for an anniversary remake special or movie, maybe. :)

Anabolic

Post by Anabolic » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:53 pm

The only chance of a new DB anime would be if a series was made as a spin-off from the live movie, but of course the movie has been cancelled for the moment.
"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:36 pm

I think they should leave Dragonball that way it is. Unless they make the new shows about Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. and about their adventures. But if they do it should be like the frist Dragonball and not like DragonBallZ.
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:22 pm

I just think that the movie would bring more Dragonball animation a lot closer to a reality than if it didn't happen.

Dragonball Gt wasn't bad, it was just to much of a 180 for a lot of fans. Since that went off in '97 it wouldnt be unheard of after a 5 year respite to do somthing new. I'd be happiest with a new series, even about the Gt speacil time line with the old charcters worked in here and there, or some dragonball speacils and or movies. It's not like Toriyama would have to do another 10 year weekly manga.
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:17 pm

DBGT isnt so bad if you can ignore the fact that its poorly scripted asnd the ideas were written by monkeys on typewriters :P

a DBZ live action movie just isnt a good idea at least not right now.
-Laserkid

WilliexWillie

Post by WilliexWillie » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:30 pm

They should make a new animated DBZ movie. Maybe a retelling like the 4th DB movie. With the new animation techniques and technology imagine how great the fighting scenes could be.
Blah blah blah