Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:21 pm

I'd put Gohan and Krillin higher during the fight with Ginyu in Goku's body. IIRC, they were beating him.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Cell arc?
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:29 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I'd put Gohan and Krillin higher during the fight with Ginyu in Goku's body. IIRC, they were beating him.
Gohan is at 200.000 at that point, and Kuririn should be somewhere somewhere close to 75.000, while Ginyu is at 23.000.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Cell arc?
I'll do Cell arc, along with the movies, specials, fillers, and the rest of GT later.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:07 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I'd put Gohan and Krillin higher during the fight with Ginyu in Goku's body. IIRC, they were beating him.
Gohan is at 200.000 at that point, and Kuririn should be somewhere somewhere close to 75.000, while Ginyu is at 23.000.
They were beating him, not utterly crushing him with no effort. Vegeta says that their power has been rising since their powerup, so it seems more likely that it was increased over time, rather than an all at once thing.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:11 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I'll do Cell arc, along with the movies, specials, fillers, and the rest of GT later.
The Cell arc is a lot easier to calculate than the Buu arc. Not sure why you didn't that before the Buu arc.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:22 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
They were beating him, not utterly crushing him with no effort. Vegeta says that their power has been rising since their powerup, so it seems more likely that it was increased over time, rather than an all at once thing.
You know what, you are right. I'll post later the complete manga (+ Dr. Slump, Neko Majin, BoG, DBO, and the manga spin-offs) later with a few updates here & there, and I'll fix that.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
The Cell arc is a lot easier to calculate than the Buu arc. Not sure why you didn't that before the Buu arc.
It wasn't because it was hard, it was just because I wanted to do Boo arc first. And it's ready now!
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:12 am

Fpssjs?
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:22 pm

OK, the manga is complete! I also added Episode of Bardock, JSAT, BoG, Dr. Slump, Neko Majin, and DBO. In other words, all the manga/manga-based works. I added Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Fat, and Skinny Gotenks in Boo arc, updated Kuririn & Gohan in Freeza arc, moved the Dr. Slump characters from RRA arc to Dr. Slump, and removed Gogeta because I'll add him with the movies later.

I also want to say something about DBO: Goten, Trunks, and Pan getting SS2 & SS3, or Oob learning Kaio-ken, or that they surpassed Goku, or that Vegeta learned how to control his rage boost from BoG, none of these were officially confirmed. They're all opinion based. And no, the Z-Senshi (minus Piccolo) are not alive at that period, they are only mentioned through the timeline of the game. So, these are their battle powers before their death, or before they got weaker due to their age.

Multipliers:
    • Oozaru - base x10
      Kaio-ken - x2-20
      Super Saiyan - base x50
      Super Saiyan Grade 2 - base x70
      Super Saiyan Grade 3 - base x95
      Super Saiyan 2 - base x100
      Super Saiyan 3 - base x400
      Fusion - Strongest of the two x160 (when done successfully)
      Potara - Strongest of the two x90.000 (when the 2 fighters are similar in power, size, age, and race)
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Semi Cell > 50% MSSJ Goku?

Sorry but I just can't see that.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Zombie wrote:Semi Cell > 50% MSSJ Goku?

Fuck, what have I done?! I'll fix that.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Here's my somewhat re-evaluated Gotenks is a gag list

Battle Power Guide

Dragon Ball Power Levels
Dragon Ball Z Power Levels
Power Increases

Oozaru: 10x base
Kaioken: This technique increases the users power level based on the number of times it is stacked. Standard Kaioken will raise the users power level by 1.5x.
FSSJ: 25x base
SSJ: 50x base. This form's multiplier becomes very flexible after mastering SSJ.
SSJG2: 1.5x SSJ
SSJG3: 2x SSJ, this form is incredibly slow so it is impractical in battle.
RESSJ: 10x base, this form is achieved after training yourself to maintain the SSJ form as if it were your base form.
LSSJ: 2x SSJ. This forms Ki constantly grows. This however can be a hinderence to the body. If the users body cannot handle the overflow of Ki, he must expel it from his body.
FPSSJ: 5x RESSJ
SSJ2: 2x SSJ or FPSSJ/100x base
SSJ3: 4x SSJ2/400x base
SSJ God: 50,000x base
Fusion Dance: Both power levels must be equal. A + B x 5. If the fusees are rivals the result is like multiplying the 2 power levels together.
Potara Earring fusion: A x 100. Divide the multiplier by the difference in power levels. If the fusees are rivals, it's like multiplying the 2 power levels together.
Zenkai: Zenkai's are special power ups Saiyan's receive after healing from near death injuries. In the Early parts of the series, Zenkai's shot up a persons power by a random number. These increases, however, became infinitesimally small or just straight up disappeared after the Saiyans learned how to turn into Super Saiyans. Broly, for some reason, seems to be the only exception to this rule.
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:54 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Zombie wrote:Semi Cell > 50% MSSJ Goku?

Fuck, what have I done?! I'll fix that.
Also the gap from Vegeta and Perfect Cell is very small. You should make it bigger.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Zombie wrote:Also the gap from Vegeta and Perfect Cell is very small. You should make it bigger.
I was gonna fix that before posting but I forgot to... but now I fixed it! Though I'm gonna have to completely change all the BPs for the Saiyans from Cell Games to the end... :crazy:

If anybody else notices any mistake, please let me know!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:31 pm

MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES!
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:19 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES!
PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE! :P

Once I fix this list, then I'll do the movies.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm thinking about what to do with Pure Evil Boo. Vegeta made it sound like he could be dealt with just like Fat Boo. I know Vegeta isn't the best indicator but he already knows about the "Fat an Skinny" Boo's and he says it would be unfavorable for Boo if he reverted to either of the two forms. In the manga it showed while brief Pure Evil Boo absolutely decimating Fat Boo while Fat Boo managed to put up a little of a fight against Kid Boo.
Chapter: 507 (DBZ 313), P7.3-6
Context: Vegeta grabs good Boo’s pod and wonders what will happen if he pulls it out
Vegeta: “This’ll be fun…Will you turn back into this fatso? Or will you become that scrawny guy? …Either way, it seems that your power will doubtlessly fall below what it is now.”
Boo: “Sto-stop it! Do-don’t touch that! Hands off!”
Vegeta: “Kukkukku…You seem even more panicked than I expected…Apparently it will be quite unfavorable for you…”
Boo: “Th-that’s the only one you mustn’t tear out…! I-I’ll stop being me!”
Goku: “’I’ll stop being me’…?”
Vegeta: “That sounds interesting…Did you really think I’d listen to you?”
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Well, if Pure Evil Boo only possesses the majority of Fat Boo's power, who was stronger than the SSJ2's but still something SSJ3 Goku could handle... then yeah, that'd be good for them. They might not even need SSJ3 to take care of him. Presumably, Fat Boo would have LOST power when he expelled the evil that became Pure Evil Boo, making him weaker too.

Fat Boo: 10
Pure Evil Boo: 6
Mister Boo: 4

Something like that is usually what I go with.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:24 pm

OK, I changed the BPs of #17 & #18, Cell (all forms), Majin Boo (all forms), Oob (everywhere), Piccolo (everywhere), Pan (DBO), Beers, Whis, and all the Saiyans from Cell Games to the end. I also changed the SS Grade 2 multipliers, and the BPs for Vegeta & Trunks post-1st-RoSaT. What do you guys think?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Kaboom wrote:Well, if Pure Evil Boo only possesses the majority of Fat Boo's power, who was stronger than the SSJ2's but still something SSJ3 Goku could handle... then yeah, that'd be good for them. They might not even need SSJ3 to take care of him. Presumably, Fat Boo would have LOST power when he expelled the evil that became Pure Evil Boo, making him weaker too.

Fat Boo: 10

Something like that is usually what I go with.
Seems too close. Pure Evil Boo dominated Fat Boo. You could argue the manga didn't show enough of the fight so it could have been closer. If we use the anime he pretty much destroyed Fat Boo. Seems Pure Evil would at least be Kid Boo level, but Vegeta says they could handle Pure Evil so perhaps he'd be below Kid Boo.

I think he should be below SSJ3 Goku as they seem to hint that Pure Evil can be handled, but still should be above SSJ2 as he's stronger then the Fat Boo that did better than SSJ2 Vegeta against Kid Boo. Problem is there isn't much room for a gap there.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vertical » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:37 pm

I do not regular these forums but I took a glance over your list and this really stood out to me:
Cyborg #16: 500,000,000
Semi-Perfect Cell(Suppressed): 680,000,000
Is it really appropriate for one of, if not the most impressive physical tanking in the series to be described with such a small gap? Just for comparison, you have the gaps between Evil Buu, Gohan, and Buutenks all larger but the battles seemed a lot closer than one being able to simply take punches to the face from the other.
dbzfan7 wrote:
Kaboom wrote: Fat Boo: 10
Seems too close. Pure Evil Boo dominated Fat Boo. You could argue the manga didn't show enough of the fight so it could have been closer. If we use the anime he pretty much destroyed Fat Boo. Seems Pure Evil would at least be Kid Boo level, but Vegeta says they could handle Pure Evil so perhaps he'd be below Kid Boo.
Isn't this the same sized gap that was implied between Goku and the Ginyu Force he faced upon initially arriving on Namek (1.5x'ish)? Seems like plenty to describe Buu vs Buu.