Just read EX's update about no Live-Action Movie!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:22 pm

laserkid wrote:DBGT isnt so bad if you can ignore the fact that its poorly scripted asnd the ideas were written by monkeys on typewriters :P
Ha ha! Couldn't have put it better myself! :D

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:50 pm

Personally, I like GT. o.o I've seen a few eps on DVD and CN. But where'd those tanuki come from?

And speaking of, can someone please list all or atleast the major-ish plotholes of GT?

tysonwritesel

Post by tysonwritesel » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:46 am

A new animated Dragon Ball Z/GT movie in North American theatres would be amazing.
tysonwritesel, @Kanzenshuu member for 9 years, 2 months, 29 days! ***3-18-2004***

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:53 am

The "majorish plotholes" eh? Well, I hope you have five hours, 'cause here we go! :P First of all, the fact that Pan can't go SSJ. Okay, you could say well, she's only 1/4 Saiyajin, but how come then here grandson Goku Jr., who would only be around 1/6 Saiyajin at best, turns into one in the GT T.V. Special?

Next, the fact that Gohan comes across as pathetically weak, especially against Riruudo! Even if Gohan had stopped training during those years, Riruudo still shouldn't have been any problem for him.

Which brings me to the next point of, how much stronger can you make the villians without it looking unbelievable? I feel that GT failed majorly at this! Mainly because power levels were already getting ridiculous by the end of DBZ, upping the ante even more just wouldn't hold up, and what does stupid Bandai and Toei do? Exactly that!

Also another area I have a problem with is what GT did with Vegita. After all that growing and evolving, and finally coming to peace at the end of Z, GT turns right around and makes him into his old arrogant jackass self again! I also disagree with him reaching SSJ4 by having Buruma shoot him with a machine. I just don't think Vegita's pride would allow him to "cheat" that way. It was really cheating after all. Vegita would believe, actually he would know he had it in himself to ascend to that level on his own. Yes he has used some of Buruma's technology to train with, but that was things like the gravity chamber, which was really just a convenient way to train instead of having to travel to different planets with heavy gravity. He still had to do the main "grunt work".

Here's another major problem with GT, the entire series is "re-hash". "Let's make Goku a kid!" Uh, we already did that remember? It was called Dragonball and it was a much more charming series. "Let's go searching for the Dragonballs!" Uh, wasn't that done too like a million times throughout DB and DBZ? "Let's put lots of fights in!" You did that with DBZ. "Let's make a powerful villian that hates Saiyajins!" Isn't that describing Freeza? "Let's have a mad scientist make a powerful Android that fuses with #17 which makes him unstoppable and is called Super #17 and it's mainly to get revenge on Goku!" Uh, this sounds like Cell. Let's have Gero and Myuu break open Hell and have all the evil villians come back to Earth and create chaos and the Z Senshi have to defeat them!" Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't that the plot for Movie #12? Let's make Goku and Vegita fuse to make a really powerful SSJ fighter and give Vegita a bad attitude!" You did that, it was something called the Buu saga and didn't we already work through Vegita's issues and resolve them at the end of DBZ?

Let's not forget that Piccolo, Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Yamucha, and Chiao-tzu are barely included in GT! Even Gohan is given a backseat! :evil: That's just not right! The main focus of the series also jumps all over as the creators tried to fix things since they were losing viewers. "Let's make a dragonball search! Let's put some more fights along with the questing in! Let's chuck out the quest plot altogether and just have the fights!" :? "Ahhhhh! Tankor's head hurts! Ahhhhhhh!" :wink:

I think I've just about covered everything that I have a problem with anyway. If anyone has more, because I'm sure I've missed a few things, feel free to add in! 8)
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:03 am

I'd rebut all the stuff except for Gohan not being that prominent, but I've got a paper to write for school. Gt's cool though, it's enjoyable if you just sit back and let it happen........... 8)
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:30 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:The "majorish plotholes" eh? Well, I hope you have five hours, 'cause here we go! :P
I don't. You're sadly mistaken if you think I'm going to read though all that.

Come on... make separate paragraphs, at least? I loathe single paragraph rants with a passion. And, you know, loathing. Grarr.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:32 pm

For the love of God, Jerseymilk! Separate paragraphs!! Please!!

Oh, and who said Pan can't go SSJ? We've just never seen her go SSJ, but with a hundred year gap inbetween, she could've reached SSJ3 for all we know.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:12 pm

I read through it but yeah seperate PGs helps.

And GT's "cool" only if you like to ignore things that have been mentioned there. My biggest problem is that is flat out makes no sense to my brain - I tried to let it happen, but I got no gas so I left it alone as an overfunded fanfiction. Fanfictions can be cool if you let them too, but that doesn't mean they don't suck :P
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:01 am

So everyone I went back and made paragraphs in my post up above. I'm really sorry about that. :( I was feeling pretty tired when I wrote the post and I guess I got lazy and just left it in a big chunk. :oops: My pardons, my fellow DB aficionados! *does a low sweeping bow and hangs her head in shame* :(

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:26 am

No need for shame, Jersey. No need for shame. It kinda made it look more rantilicious. At least this way I could actually read it.

So, good points, even pretty funny. I agree except for one thing that I was told differently about, but I won't even bring it up because I haven't seen that part of GT. So... don't worry about that.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:11 pm

But you've bought it up, so now you have to.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:14 pm

Yep. No choice.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:30 pm

Yeah! Challenge my point Zacko! Or are you afraid?! Wahaahaahaahaaaa! :twisted:

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:25 pm

GT was mostly weird fluff, with some diamonds in the rough, as Shinju would say.

And Toriyama says female Saiyans cannot become SS because of menopause & whatnot.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:51 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Yeah! Challenge my point Zacko! Or are you afraid?! Wahaahaahaahaaaa! :twisted:
Ehh... yes. Hey, I don't even know the info for sure myself, so why embarrass myself?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:56 pm

But I'm curious. Just say "I heard such and such", and we'll be able to tell you if it's true or not. That way, everyone wins.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:56 am

Come on Zacko, seriously! You've gotten me really curious now! Please?! :( We're not going to make fun of you, you're just repeating something you heard after all. Hey, we're fellow "fangirl hunters" aren't we? :P In all seriousness, I'm interested for argument's sake you see. 8)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:57 am

Fine... it was just a few people telling me that Vegeta didn't cheat, because it was just some kind of special moon that Vegeta got Bulma to fake the appearance of, and he did all the work himself. I don't even know what it's all about. Care to tell me? Anyone?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:30 am

Well, that's close but still a bit inaccurate. Buruma made a machine that re-created the "Brutz Waves" that the moon gives off. She didn't make a false moon.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:54 am

Oh. Well, did Goku actually find the moon that gives off these super strong rays, or what?

Back to school means back to Daizex during computer class. Uee hee hee.