The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
- TheMightyOzaru
- Banned
- Posts: 6255
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
- Location: Capsule Corp
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
He makes it as far as Super Yi Xing Long.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946
- DBZGTKOSDH
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 12401
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
- Location: Greece
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
He beats everyone, including SS4 Gogeta. God Goku is stated to be Goku's strongest form, and since SS4 Gogeta is technically a form of Goku, God Goku is stronger than him IMO. And Whis is over two times stronger than God Goku, so...TheGmGoken wrote:Whis vs everyone in the DB franchise. How far he gets? I honesty think he can take SSj4 Gogeta in a decent fight but sadly will lose
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.
Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.
- TheMightyOzaru
- Banned
- Posts: 6255
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
- Location: Capsule Corp
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Goku isn't Gogeta. He's part of an entirely separate entity.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946
- DBZGTKOSDH
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 12401
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
- Location: Greece
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Guidebooks & video games treat Gogeta & Vegetto as different forms of Goku & Vegeta (same for Gotenks).TheMightyOzaru wrote:Goku isn't Gogeta. He's part of an entirely separate entity.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.
Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Except in GT?Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.
- DBZGTKOSDH
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 12401
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
- Location: Greece
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.
Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
BOG happened before GTDBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
- Darkprince410
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2306
- Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 pm
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
That's irrelevant to the question asked. It was Whis in comparison to every other character in the Dragonball franchise, which includes GT. It wasn't "every character up until Battle of the Gods".Kakashi wrote:BOG happened before GTDBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
That's irrelevant to the question asked. It was Whis in comparison to every other character in the Dragonball franchise, which includes GT. It wasn't "every character up until Battle of the Gods".[/quote]Kakashi wrote:BOG happened before GTDBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
That's irrelevant to the question asked. It was Whis in comparison to every other character in the Dragonball franchise, which includes GT. It wasn't "every character up until Battle of the Gods".[/quote]Kakashi wrote:BOG happened before GTDBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
- Darkprince410
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2306
- Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 pm
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
His reasoning basically takes GT into account though. He's saying that Ssj God Goku was stated to be the strongest form of Goku that's seen in the entire Dragonball franchise (as such, it's taking Ssj4 into consideration).Kakashi wrote: He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
- DBZGTKOSDH
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 12401
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
- Location: Greece
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
The statement that Super Saiyan God Goku is Goku's strongest form comes from promotional info for the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z video game, which means that the fact that God Goku happened before GT is irrelevant.Kakashi wrote:He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.
Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.
- TheGmGoken
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10592
- Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
- Location: Capsule Corps
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:The statement that Super Saiyan God Goku is Goku's strongest form comes from promotional info for the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z video game, which means that the fact that God Goku happened before GT is irrelevant.Kakashi wrote:He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
LOVE YOUR NEW ICON
But Fusion counts as a form? Really? I never knew thanks for the info. I would't had guess tbh
- TheMightyOzaru
- Banned
- Posts: 6255
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
- Location: Capsule Corp
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
I don't recall Guide books ever claiming Gogeta is a form of Goku. Video games are video games soooooooo....DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Guidebooks & video games treat Gogeta & Vegetto as different forms of Goku & Vegeta (same for Gotenks).TheMightyOzaru wrote:Goku isn't Gogeta. He's part of an entirely separate entity.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.
- TheGmGoken
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10592
- Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
- Location: Capsule Corps
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Mecha Freeza. Seeing as I can't see Manga Future Gohan being stronger than Namek Goku in base form. Hell not even Namek Vegeta post Krillin zenkai.Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Gohan. We only know he is weaker than Yardrat Goku. I think he's above SSJ Goku and I don't have Mecha Freeza surpassing Namek SSJ.Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!
Spoiler:
- TheGmGoken
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10592
- Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
- Location: Capsule Corps
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
I don't have Yadrat Goku being that much strongerdbzfan7 wrote:Gohan. We only know he is weaker than Yardrat Goku. I think he's above SSJ Goku and I don't have Mecha Freeza surpassing Namek SSJ.Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread
Well my answer isn't official, it's just my opinion.TheGmGoken wrote:I don't have Yadrat Goku being that much strongerdbzfan7 wrote:Gohan. We only know he is weaker than Yardrat Goku. I think he's above SSJ Goku and I don't have Mecha Freeza surpassing Namek SSJ.Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!
Spoiler:



