The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.
User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:31 pm

He makes it as far as Super Yi Xing Long.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:56 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Whis vs everyone in the DB franchise. How far he gets? I honesty think he can take SSj4 Gogeta in a decent fight but sadly will lose
He beats everyone, including SS4 Gogeta. God Goku is stated to be Goku's strongest form, and since SS4 Gogeta is technically a form of Goku, God Goku is stronger than him IMO. And Whis is over two times stronger than God Goku, so...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Goku isn't Gogeta. He's part of an entirely separate entity.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Goku isn't Gogeta. He's part of an entirely separate entity.
Guidebooks & video games treat Gogeta & Vegetto as different forms of Goku & Vegeta (same for Gotenks).
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kakashi
Banned
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kakashi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:23 am

SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 4427
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:32 am

Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
Except in GT?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:34 am

Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kakashi
Banned
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kakashi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:55 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.
BOG happened before GT

User avatar
Darkprince410
I Live Here
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 am

Kakashi wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.
BOG happened before GT
That's irrelevant to the question asked. It was Whis in comparison to every other character in the Dragonball franchise, which includes GT. It wasn't "every character up until Battle of the Gods".

Kakashi
Banned
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kakashi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:58 am

Kakashi wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.
BOG happened before GT
That's irrelevant to the question asked. It was Whis in comparison to every other character in the Dragonball franchise, which includes GT. It wasn't "every character up until Battle of the Gods".[/quote]
He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him

Kakashi
Banned
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kakashi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:01 am

Kakashi wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kakashi wrote:SSjin 4 Gogeta never exised
I'm sure I saw him in Dragon Ball GT & in video games, and I'm sure I've spoken with other people that had the same experiences as me.
BOG happened before GT
That's irrelevant to the question asked. It was Whis in comparison to every other character in the Dragonball franchise, which includes GT. It wasn't "every character up until Battle of the Gods".[/quote]
He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him

User avatar
Darkprince410
I Live Here
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:16 am

Kakashi wrote: He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
His reasoning basically takes GT into account though. He's saying that Ssj God Goku was stated to be the strongest form of Goku that's seen in the entire Dragonball franchise (as such, it's taking Ssj4 into consideration).

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:58 am

Kakashi wrote:He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
The statement that Super Saiyan God Goku is Goku's strongest form comes from promotional info for the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z video game, which means that the fact that God Goku happened before GT is irrelevant.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Capsule Corps

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:35 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kakashi wrote:He said SSjin God Goku was Stronger than SSjin 4 Gogeta because Goku said SSjin God was his strongest form so I corrected him
The statement that Super Saiyan God Goku is Goku's strongest form comes from promotional info for the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z video game, which means that the fact that God Goku happened before GT is irrelevant.

LOVE YOUR NEW ICON

But Fusion counts as a form? Really? I never knew thanks for the info. I would't had guess tbh

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:41 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Goku isn't Gogeta. He's part of an entirely separate entity.
Guidebooks & video games treat Gogeta & Vegetto as different forms of Goku & Vegeta (same for Gotenks).
I don't recall Guide books ever claiming Gogeta is a form of Goku. Video games are video games soooooooo....
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 4427
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Capsule Corps

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Mecha Freeza. Seeing as I can't see Manga Future Gohan being stronger than Namek Goku in base form. Hell not even Namek Vegeta post Krillin zenkai.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Gohan. We only know he is weaker than Yardrat Goku. I think he's above SSJ Goku and I don't have Mecha Freeza surpassing Namek SSJ.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Capsule Corps

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:16 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Gohan. We only know he is weaker than Yardrat Goku. I think he's above SSJ Goku and I don't have Mecha Freeza surpassing Namek SSJ.
I don't have Yadrat Goku being that much stronger

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:17 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Kid Buu wrote:Manga Future Gohan Vs. Mecha Freeza
Gohan. We only know he is weaker than Yardrat Goku. I think he's above SSJ Goku and I don't have Mecha Freeza surpassing Namek SSJ.
I don't have Yadrat Goku being that much stronger
Well my answer isn't official, it's just my opinion.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Post Reply