Gogeta Compared To Vegito

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

Gogeta Compared To Vegito

Post by Kakashi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 am

How big is the gap?

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Gogeta Compared To Vegito

Post by B » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:59 am

Really big. Gogeta can become a Super Saiyan 4 and Vegetto was erased from existance when he entered Buu.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:52 am

As big as Rihanna's forehead..

Seriously though, it's as big as you want it to be. There's a decent sized thread on the index page covering this exact same topic.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:42 pm

The gap between Super Saiyan Gogeta and Super Vegito in power is wide as they needed to be. Vegito was created to handle villain that other fusion character(s) can't stand up to likes of Gohan-Boo from the story perspective anyway.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Isn't there already a thread for this? Anyway, I think Vegetto is 10 times stronger than Gogeta.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:51 pm

I personally don't see the gap between Vegetto and Gogeta being wide at all, since there's nothing to indicate that the Potara fusion is that superior over the Fusion Dance. I do believe fully that the Potara fusion (and Vegetto for that matter) is superior in strength to a Fusion Dance counterpart, but I've not seen anything to suggest that it's necessarily leaps and bounds above the Fusion Dance.

Likewise, for Vegetto and Gogeta, I believe the gap is only apparent in the same form. I see some people saying that Ssj Vegetto would be considerably ahead Ssj3 Gogeta, when, personally speaking, I think Ssj Vegetto would only be stronger than Ssj Gogeta.

Ssj3 Vegetto > Ssj3 Gogeta > Ssj2 Vegetto (and so on).

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:I personally don't see the gap between Vegetto and Gogeta being wide at all, since there's nothing to indicate that the Potara fusion is that superior over the Fusion Dance.
If you believe that Fusion has a stable multiplier for everyone, that automatically makes Super Vegetto faaaaa~aaaaar above SS3 Gogeta.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Well, as elaborated on in the other thread, the only evidence we have to go by that the Potara fusion is stronger is the fact that Old Kai says as much.

Then, the only indicator of the dance's strength is how Gotenks fares against Buu, and unfortunately Gotenks doesn't do a whole lot of fighting, getting absorbed before a real battle can begin.

Now, you can chalk it up to Goten and Trunks being inexperienced and cocky, which is what led to their being absorbed. But as far as strength, it's fairly difficult to tell. Sadly, we have to take this at face value and assume that Gotenks wasn't strong enough to humiliate Buu like Vegetto.

Goku and Vegeta are quite a bit stronger than their sons at that point, and therefore their dance fusion would be stronger by whatever factor. The problem is that we don't have given power levels and we don't have a mathematical constant for fusion - you could make the case that Gogeta sits anywhere between Gotenks and Vegetto.

In short, there's really just no way of knowing. Gogeta completely destroyed Janemba, who may have been around the strength of Buutenks (my assumption here being that Buu absorbing people is an additive process, not multiplicative), and that's not an insignificant feat.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:Goku and Vegeta are quite a bit stronger than their sons at that point, and therefore their dance fusion would be stronger by whatever factor. The problem is that we don't have given power levels and we don't have a mathematical constant for fusion - you could make the case that Gogeta sits anywhere between Gotenks and Vegetto.
Based on the kids' feats, Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan are stronger than Goten & Trunks, but only when they are in the same form, or when the big trio is in a form beyond Super Saiyan. So, Gogeta should be stronger than Gotenks only when they are in the same form or when Gogeta is in a form beyond that of Gotenks. To put it more simply:

base Goten/Trunks < base Goku/Vegeta/Gohan < SS Goten/Trunks < SS Goku/Vegeta/Gohan < SS2 Goku/Gohan/Vegeta < SS3 Goku
  • and
base Gotenks < base Gogeta < SS Gotenks < SS Gogeta < SS2 Gotenks < SS2 Gogeta < SS3 Gotenks < SS3 Gogeta
Cursed Lemon wrote:Gogeta completely destroyed Janemba, who may have been around the strength of Buutenks (my assumption here being that Buu absorbing people is an additive process, not multiplicative), and that's not an insignificant feat.
All we have about Janenba is that he is stronger than Innocent Boo and SS3 Goku. He could be weaker than Evil Boo (and he is IMO).
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:23 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:Goku and Vegeta are quite a bit stronger than their sons at that point, and therefore their dance fusion would be stronger by whatever factor. The problem is that we don't have given power levels and we don't have a mathematical constant for fusion - you could make the case that Gogeta sits anywhere between Gotenks and Vegetto.
Based on the kids' feats, Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan are stronger than Goten & Trunks, but only when they are in the same form, or when the big trio is in a form beyond Super Saiyan. So, Gogeta should be stronger than Gotenks only when they are in the same form or when Gogeta is in a form beyond that of Gotenks. To put it more simply:

base Goten/Trunks < base Goku/Vegeta/Gohan < SS Goten/Trunks < SS Goku/Vegeta/Gohan < SS2 Goku/Gohan/Vegeta < SS3 Goku
  • and
base Gotenks < base Gogeta < SS Gotenks < SS Gogeta < SS2 Gotenks < SS2 Gogeta < SS3 Gotenks < SS3 Gogeta
Well, answer me this.

Do you believe that two saiyans fusing at SSJ2 will be stronger than two saiyans fusing in base, even if that base fusion goes SSJ2 afterward?
All we have about Janenba is that he is stronger than Innocent Boo and SS3 Goku. He could be weaker than Evil Boo (and he is IMO).
I've always taken Fat Buu and Kid Buu to have the same strength, since SSJ3 Goku is fairly confident that he can beat either of them if at full stamina while in SSJ3.
Special Beam Cannon!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:Well, answer me this.

Do you believe that two saiyans fusing at SSJ2 will be stronger than two saiyans fusing in base, even if that base fusion goes SSJ2 afterward?
Of course. I believe that Fusion has a stable multiplier (officially, all we know is that the result is dozens of times stronger than the individual fighter), and my personal multiplier is x160. So:

Goku/Vegeta: 1
SS2 Goku/Vegeta: 100
Gogeta: 160
SS2 Gogeta: 16.000

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Of course. I believe that Fusion has a stable multiplier (officially, all we know is that the result is dozens of times stronger than the individual fighter), and my personal multiplier is x160. So:

Right, but the numbers would be the same using that math regardless of whether Gogeta was formed from base saiyans or SSJ2s.

My point is that you can't just throw away Goku and Vegeta's ability to go SSJ2 (and Goku to go SSJ3) when they fuse, over Goten and Trunks' inability to even APPROACH SSJ2, unless you think that fusion (or specifically the fusion dance) operates via a complete strength dismissal in that fashion.

The only way you could reconcile this is by saying if Goku and Vegeta fuse while both are in the SSJ2 state, they will produce a stronger base Gogeta than what would form if Goku and Vegeta fused while in base initially.
Special Beam Cannon!

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:36 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:Well, answer me this.

Of course. I believe that Fusion has a stable multiplier (officially, all we know is that the result is dozens of times stronger than the individual fighter), and my personal multiplier is x160. So:

where do you place SSJ3 Gogeta?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Piccolo jr wrote: where do you place SSJ3 Gogeta?
SSJ3 Gogeta would be at 64,000 there. It's 400 times base.
Special Beam Cannon!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Piccolo jr wrote:where do you place SSJ3 Gogeta?
A little stronger than Ultimate Gohan, but weaker than Gotenks Boo.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Or that, if that's what he meant. lol
Special Beam Cannon!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Gogeta is most likely hundreds of times weaker than Vegetto. The implication seems to be SS3 Gogeta < base Vegetto =< Buuhan.

At least, Gogeta should be weaker than Buuhan, as the kids aren't that much weaker than their fathers, and Buu outright said that a normal Goku-Vegeta fusion would be useless against him (despite him saying not five minutes ago that Gokhan might be able to beat him).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Base fathers > Base Kids

The kids only can transform in to SSJ.

The fathers can transform in to SSJ2/SSJ3.

Why SSJ Goten and SSJ Trunks can achieve SSJ3 as Gotenks?

Which would be the powers that SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ2 Kakarotto could reach as Gogeta?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Exactly.

Let's assume that the fusion dance works by the following:

(Fuser 1 + Fuser 2) x Multiplicative Constant = Fusion

Let's assume that Goku and Vegeta are at a base of (5), and the multiplicative constant is (100), which is random. If Goku and Vegeta fuse in base:

(5+5) x 100 = 1,000

Base Gogeta = 1,000
SSJ Gogeta = 50,000
SSJ2 Gogeta = 100,000
SSJ3 Gogeta = 400,000

There are two ways of how fusing while powered up works.

Let's say Goku and Vegeta fuse while both in the SSJ state:

(250+250) x 100 = 50,000

Therefore, we have to decide. When two SSJs fuse, do we see this:

Or this?

Gotenks going SSJ3 is kind of its own quandary - we'd have to assume that Gogeta of the Buu saga could go to SSJ6 or some stupid thing like that.
Special Beam Cannon!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Except Gotenks wasn't able to turn Super Saiyan 2 or Super Saiyan 3 because Goten and Trunks were Super Saiyans, he achieved them from training in the RoSaT. No different to how Goku gained the forms.

So it's not like Gogeta will just wind up with 2 stages higher than his fusees had. If there were stages higher than 3, then he would get them through training faster than Goku and Vegeta would. Simple.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!