Buff Boo

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

Buff Boo

Post by Kakashi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 am

How strong is he? Also how come (the South Kaioshin) powered up Boo so much when he is arguably weaker than SSjin Teen Gohan?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Buff Boo

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:57 am

Stronger than Evil Boo & Piccolo Boo, but weaker than Gotenks Boo. Gotenks Boo said that he was the mightiest Majin at that point, meaning that it was the strongest form Boo had ever taken, and I don't see Boo getting a significant power-up from Piccolo & the base kids.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:02 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Stronger than Evil Boo & Piccolo Boo, but weaker than Gotenks Boo. Gotenks Boo said that he was the mightiest Majin at that point, meaning that it was the strongest form Boo had ever taken, and I don't see Boo getting a significant power-up from Piccolo & the base kids.
Piccolo-Boo is the same level as Evil Boo

I know Gotenks-Boo > Buff Boo > Evil Boo but where is he stucked?

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:09 am

Kakashi wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Stronger than Evil Boo & Piccolo Boo, but weaker than Gotenks Boo. Gotenks Boo said that he was the mightiest Majin at that point, meaning that it was the strongest form Boo had ever taken, and I don't see Boo getting a significant power-up from Piccolo & the base kids.

Do you mean tier-wise?

If we have SSJ2-tier, SSJ3-tier, Ultimate-tier, Gotenks/Gohan-Buu tier and Vegetto-tier, I'd put him comfortably right in the middle between SSJ3 tier and Ultimate tier.
This without much basis rather than one single quote, since we never saw him compare to another fighter.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:50 am

Godo wrote:
Kakashi wrote:

Do you mean tier-wise?

If we have SSJ2-tier, SSJ3-tier, Ultimate-tier, Gotenks/Gohan-Buu tier and Vegetto-tier, I'd put him comfortably right in the middle between SSJ3 tier and Ultimate tier.
This without much basis rather than one single quote, since we never saw him compare to another fighter.
I mean where he is stucked between Evil Boo to Gotenks-Boo

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Stronger than Evil Boo & SS3 Gotenks, but weaker than Gotenks Boo & U. Gohan. That's how it is IMO.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Super Buu<SSJ3 Gotenks<Buff Buu<Ultimate Gohan<Buutenks<Buuhan. and He got so much power from South Kaioshin because I think it's because of mixing the magic of Majin and Kai form a new Buu.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Just a tiny shred above Super Buu. Goku had to question whether or not a difference existed at all.

In my opinion, SK powered Buu up because he's much stronger than SS2 Gohan (but weaker than Pure Buu). I give fusions different multipliers, as was kind of implied in the Daiz and the manga.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:20 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Just a tiny shred above Super Buu. Goku had to question whether or not a difference existed at all.

In my opinion, SK powered Buu up because he's much stronger than SS2 Gohan (but weaker than Pure Buu). I give fusions different multipliers, as was kind of implied in the Daiz and the manga.
He did because it was weired

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Is there any real proof that Gotenks surpassed Super Buu other than his boasts?

Buu deliberately strung out his fight with Gotenks as he could sense Gohan, and knew he needed to absorb Gotenks to defeat him...
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Blade wrote:Is there any real proof that Gotenks surpassed Super Buu other than his boasts?

Buu deliberately strung out his fight with Gotenks as he could sense Gohan, and knew he needed to absorb Gotenks to defeat him...
That was never stated in the Manga SSjin 3 Gotenks was moderately stronger than Evil Boo

Evil Boo=400
SSjin 3 Gotenks=430
Ultimate Gohan=600
Gotenks-Boo=830

Blade
I Live Here

Post by Blade » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Kakashi wrote:
Blade wrote:Is there any real proof that Gotenks surpassed Super Buu other than his boasts?

That was never stated in the Manga SSjin 3 Gotenks was moderately stronger than Evil Boo

Evil Boo=400
SSjin 3 Gotenks=430
Ultimate Gohan=600
Gotenks-Boo=830
Actually it was. Your numbers however....
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Kakashi wrote:How strong is he? Also how come (the South Kaioshin) powered up Boo so much when he is arguably weaker than SSjin Teen Gohan?

I have another question! How come that Kai was not in a pod inside Buu?
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Kakashi wrote:Also how come (the South Kaioshin) powered up Boo so much when he is arguably weaker than SSjin Teen Gohan?
My personal theory is that godly ki has weird effects in Majin Boo, which is why Babidi said that they can't use the energy from Kaioshin & Kibito for Boo's revival. South Kaioshin's godly ki multiplied Majin Boo's power by many times because of his godly ki, but the addition of more godly ki by Dai Kaioshin allowed his gentle heart to weaken Boo by even more times.
Revolution wrote:I have another question! How come that Kai was not in a pod inside Buu?
Evil Boo had Mr. Boo inside him, but South Kaioshin & Dai Kaioshin were still inside Mr. Boo.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Buu was all beat up as Gotenks prepared to fire his final attack on Buu in order to destroy him, but his fusion ran out of time. Buu was helpless at that point and considering how overpowered Buu's regeneration and stamina is, for him to be that beat up and unable to prevent such an attack on him, SSJ3 Gotenks, IMO, had to be stronger than Super Buu, even if not by a whole lot.

Buu was taking it easy on Gotenks when he was in his base and SSJ forms, but IMO all indications point to Buu being surpassed in power by Gotenks' SSJ3.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:52 pm

rereboy wrote:

Buu was all beat up as Gotenks prepared to fire his final attack on Buu in order to destroy him, but his fusion ran out of time. Buu was helpless at that point and considering how overpowered Buu's regeneration and stamina is, for him to be that beat up and unable to prevent such an attack on him, SSJ3 Gotenks, IMO, had to be stronger than Super Buu, even if not by a whole lot.

Buu was taking it easy on Gotenks when he was in his base and SSJ forms, but IMO all indications point to Buu being surpassed in power by Gotenks' SSJ3.
Piccolo also said that Gotenks was at least equal with Boo.

Blade
I Live Here

Post by Blade » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:36 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
rereboy wrote:

Piccolo also said that Gotenks was at least equal with Boo.
Piccolo said a lot of things in the Buu arc with a ranging degree of accuracy. You can either take that as him being an unreliable point of reference or an embodiment of Toriyama's inconstancy - either way, it doesn't really help us ascertain a solid conclusion in this case.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 am

Blade wrote:Piccolo said a lot of things in the Buu arc with a ranging degree of accuracy. You can either take that as him being an unreliable point of reference or an embodiment of Toriyama's inconstancy - either way, it doesn't really help us ascertain a solid conclusion in this case.
He made a mistake because of his excitement, we've seen other mistakes before from Piccolo & others where their emotions clouded their judgment (Kuririn thought that Goku was stronger than Freeza after beating Reacoom & Butta even though he knew Freeza's power, Vegeta didn't realize from the start that Perfect Cell had surpassed him Kuririn, Yamcha, etc thought that Goku had killed Cell, even though they should feel their ki, Piccolo thought Gohan was dead even though he should be able to feel his ki, Kaioshin being afraid that Pui Pui & Yakon would cause damage to the Saiyans, etc). Ki sensing isn't like a scouter, it's not an automatic machine that shows them numbers and compare someone with someone else.

Blade
I Live Here

Post by Blade » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:36 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Blade wrote:Piccolo said a lot of things in the Buu arc with a ranging degree of accuracy. You can either take that as him being an unreliable point of reference or an embodiment of Toriyama's inconstancy - either way, it doesn't really help us ascertain a solid conclusion in this case.
He made a mistake because of his excitement, we've seen other mistakes before from Piccolo & others where their emotions clouded their judgment (Kuririn thought that Goku was stronger than Freeza after beating Reacoom & Butta even though he knew Freeza's power, Vegeta didn't realize from the start that Perfect Cell had surpassed him Kuririn, Yamcha, etc thought that Goku had killed Cell, even though they should feel their ki, Piccolo thought Gohan was dead even though he should be able to feel his ki, Kaioshin being afraid that Pui Pui & Yakon would cause damage to the Saiyans, etc). Ki sensing isn't like a scouter, it's not an automatic machine that shows them numbers and compare someone with someone else.
I don't see how anything you're saying here in any way supports the validity of Piccolo's observations about Gotenks' strength.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:25 am

Blade wrote:I don't see how anything you're saying here in any way supports the validity of Piccolo's observations about Gotenks' strength.
Piccolo had just gotten excited from Gotenks' power up, and with Gotenks being so overconfident, he also thought for a second that maybe he could beat Boo like that. He probably didn't compare base Gotenks with SS Gotenks.

Same thing happened when Kuririn was excited with Goku's power up when he came to Namek. He didn't compare Goku's strength with Freeza's strength, and concluded that Goku was stronger. He just saw Goku so strong, his excitement made him believe that Goku could beat Freeza.

With Kaioshin, he had seen SS2 Gohan's power, and he was told that Goku & Vegeta were on the same level, and all 3 of them could get even stronger than that, yet he thought that Pui Pui & Yakon would be difficult opponents for the Saiyan because of his paranoia, even though Pui Pui was shown to be child's play for base Vegeta, and Gohan said that he & Goku should be strong enough to beat Yakon together without Super Saiyan.

After Cell was blown up by Goku's Shunkan Ido Kamehameha, Kuririn & co. thought that Cell was dead and because of their excitement, they didn't even notice that he was alive from his ki. Same thing when Piccolo thought that Gohan was killed by Cell, except that this time his judgment was clouded because of his rage with Goku.

My point is that the emotions can cloud one's judgment for a moment when it comes to ki sensing, like in all these examples, including the situation with Piccolo & Gotenks, and also that they don't have a number in the back of their heads to compare someone with someone else. A clear example of this is when Piccolo thought that he had surpassed the Artificial Humans that were supposedly stronger than SS Trunks. He didn't think "I can beat them, and my power is also greater than Trunks' back then, so I'm stronger than him!". He thought "I can beat them so I'm stronger than them!".