Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Gohan should have reacted faster since he doesn't even need to transform (plus he's not dumb like Goku).

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:41 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
rereboy wrote: but I mean, why not use his full power?
Cause you don't need to waste energy and time on something you can protect everyone he wanted to protect(Guessing he want everyone protected) in SSJ or maybe SSj2. More like he used SSj3 to make it cooler. Which I agree it does.
He doesn't waste any significant energy by going SSJ3 for a few seconds and nullifying a technique much weaker than his level. Not to mention that it will take a while before he even has to fight in the tournament, which is more than enough time to recuperate any energy that he might lose. And he also didn't lose any time, he apparently transformed instantly, and he needed to transform anyway because his base wouldn't be enough.

But I also agree that the "cool factor" was important in deciding how Goku stopped the attack.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:48 pm

That's pretty much what I took it for too. Goku is just making sure nobody gets hurt (at least out of his area), and it was just for 'something cool' to be shown here. You're reading far too much into it I think if you think this is saying anything at all about the strength level of Cold and/or Bardock.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:That's pretty much what I took it for too. Goku is just making sure nobody gets hurt (at least out of his area), and it was just for 'something cool' to be shown here. You're reading far too much into it I think if you think this is saying anything at all about the strength level of Cold and/or Bardock.
I'm don't care for power and I wasn't reading that much into this. Don't know about RandomGuy Just pointing out the obvious :lol: . Though I did say it was for the cool factor not that logical factor

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:55 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:I'm don't care for power and I wasn't reading that much into this.
And I didn't mean you specifically either. That was a generic 'you', as in 'anyone that thinks as such'. A 'you all', for my fellow Southerners I guess. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:I'm don't care for power and I wasn't reading that much into this.
And I didn't mean you specifically either. That was a generic 'you', as in 'anyone that thinks as such'. A 'you all', for my fellow Southerners I guess. :P
I thought it was y'all not "You all"

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 pm

I might be looking to far into this but the fact that Goku keeps using level 3 makes me think he's surpassed it.

xJeffx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by xJeffx » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:32 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:I might be looking to far into this but the fact that Goku keeps using level 3 makes me think he's surpassed it.
Well there is ssj god then again this fanmanga predates Battle of gods. So Goku might not have that form.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:37 pm

I really hope SSJG does not make a appearance, even though that looks to be the only thing to stopa rogue/berserk Vegito.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I really hope SSJG does not make a appearance, even though that looks to be the only thing to stopa rogue/berserk Vegito.
Battle of Gods is not canon to DBM.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:58 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:I might be looking to far into this but the fact that Goku keeps using level 3 makes me think he's surpassed it.
Doubtful...I'm pretty sure it was said there will be no SSJ4 and SSJ God...

I agree with the other's who say SSJ3 was overkill...I think it is...Maybe Pan could have gotten hurt...but nobody else would get hurt. No way the audience would get hurt as Broly and Vegetto barely pierced the shields in their beam clash.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:28 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jlq8dWumA - DBM review Is it any good? Maaaybe decent - Vegito1089

Vegetto's1089 review of DBM.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:28 am

The standard definition of Rule of Cool is:The limit of the Willing Suspension of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to the element's awesomeness.

All arguments are invalid, that's how awesome today's update is.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:39 am

At Least I can really enjoy the art...it's so good that it takes a way most the stinging pain of my problems with DB

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:07 am

Goku didn't even use Super Saiyan 3 when all of the tournament goers, including Ultimate Gohan and SS1 Bra, were being swallowed by Majin Buu :|
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:07 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Goku didn't even use Super Saiyan 3 when all of the tournament goers, including Ultimate Gohan and SS1 Bra, were being swallowed by Majin Buu :|
Really good point...this really is bullshit.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:13 am

Well. To say something positive: I like King Cold's 4th form design. Or rather, what appears to be a fan-made recolor of it. That image is actually what got me reading the comic in the first place, after I figured out its origin.

Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:16 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Goku didn't even use Super Saiyan 3 when all of the tournament goers, including Ultimate Gohan and SS1 Bra, were being swallowed by Majin Buu :|
Yeah, kind of weird. Especially since he was telling Vegeta they needed to use their full power. So... why not do just that, Goku? Can he not use Super Saiyan 3 with that technique unless Vegeta uses whatever his full power is? Why? And why was this not made clear?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:16 am

Well...at least the art is fantastic.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:36 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Well...at least the art is fantastic.
I agree with Kaiserneko's post way back...if it weren't for the art...I would have quit a long time ago. Gogeta Jr was fantastic and he kept me coming back. The other's vary...but Asura is amazing as well. Just as likable as Gogeta Jr for me.