UK DBGT Season 1 & 2 Listed By Amazon, Play, TheHut & Zavvi

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: UK DBGT Season 1 & 2 Listed By Amazon, Play, TheHut & Za

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Zavvi now has price dropped Season 2 to £23.95 which is currently the cheapest price available.

I've seen that the UK DBZ Orange Bricks on Amazon cost around £16 so I'll just wait and then pick 'em up for these similar prices.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Cold Cobra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Cold Cobra » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Does anyone know if the second set will include the TV special as well, like the FUNi set? I know the DBZ sets have been pretty much identical to the US ones (well, I assume anyway, this will be my first UK Dragon Ball-related purchase as I already had the "Orange Bricks"), but I only ask as it's not advertised in the classic Manga red triangle.

Thanks.
Er.... No.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Yes. They have it advertised and Manga's been doing it pretty much a 1:1 job minus the PAL conversion.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Cold Cobra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Cold Cobra » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:26 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Yes. They have it advertised and Manga's been doing it pretty much a 1:1 job minus the PAL conversion.
A response so quick I saw it as I was leaving! Thank you.
Er.... No.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 am

Manga UK put up a trailer for Season 1 on their YouTube channel. It's basically FUNimation's original Green Bricks trailer, but with the UK box with the original logo at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAOIhFblts
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 am

Rukura wrote:Manga UK put up a trailer for Season 1 on their YouTube channel. It's basically FUNimation's original Green Bricks trailer, but with the UK box with the original logo at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAOIhFblts
Hm, nice.

If Manga UK made paper slipcovers for the early prints that would be fantastic because it'd add more value to each boxset, for the collectors, of course. Not really a fan of just plastic fat-packs but if that's all then can't really complain.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:14 am

Manga UK on Facebook is now promoting Dragon Ball GT: Season One, with the original GT logo too.
They really are trying to get people hyped up for this, I wish they'd include the authentic GT logo on the episodes' openings instead of that metallic.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:00 am

Manga UK has posted a photo of the actual product itself, that being, DRAGON BALL GT: SEASON ONE.
I definitely want this even if it's just because they used the authentic GT logo. :P
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:45 am

Have Manga UK stopped producing slip-cover's now, for every release?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Have Manga UK stopped producing slip-cover's now, for every release?
Seems like it.

It's possibly cheaper for Manga UK to only focus on the DVD fat-packs (of course still uses paper for the cover) without worrying about the slipcovers even though they would've been really cool for collecting purposes.

My Soul Eater looks way better with its slipcover than just the fat-pack itself.

Edit: Manga UK has just sent me a reply regarding if the openings on the DVDs use the original GT or the metallic GT logo and...

Why? It looks much better.

*This is from the FUNimation GT Singles.
Last edited by dbboxkaifan on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Agreed. My FMA part 1 has a slipcover whilst part 2 doesn't and it looks really awkward on the shelf. They should make slipcovers for like the first batch of every release. Gives fans incentive to buy it at it's opening price rather than wait for it to go down. (As I always do).

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Agreed. My FMA part 1 has a slipcover whilst part 2 doesn't and it looks really awkward on the shelf. They should make slipcovers for like the first batch of every release. Gives fans incentive to buy it at it's opening price rather than wait for it to go down. (As I always do).
I'd store the slipcovers away if both don't look consistent because that's the kind of thing that tends to annoy me when I see it, I know it's nit-picking but I can't help it.

P.S: It's nice of Manga UK to give us the original Dragon Ball GT logo for the covers but it's a bit of misleading advertisement due to people be thinking they'll see that also on the DVDs.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:02 pm

I don't think that Manga really has a choice over which logo is used as they are most likely using Madman's existing PAL conversion. The cost of re-converting the original Japanese visuals to PAL just for the sake of the logo change (and by extension the Japanese credits and episode titles, I guess) probably isn't worth it when the majority of the buyers probably aren't bothered or will watch the dub anyway. Manga did the same thing with 'One Piece', using the blue Japanese logo on the covers while only including the altered gold American version on the episodes themselves.

That being said, I wonder which masters Manga will use for the Dragon Ball seasons, being as Madman apparently never released the "remastered" versions of those. Will Manga use the video from the old Madman sagas, or create their own PAL conversion of the blue bricks (or a different master entirely)?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:49 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Agreed. My FMA part 1 has a slipcover whilst part 2 doesn't and it looks really awkward on the shelf. They should make slipcovers for like the first batch of every release. Gives fans incentive to buy it at it's opening price rather than wait for it to go down. (As I always do).
I'd store the slipcovers away if both don't look consistent because that's the kind of thing that tends to annoy me when I see it, I know it's nit-picking but I can't help it.

P.S: It's nice of Manga UK to give us the original Dragon Ball GT logo for the covers but it's a bit of misleading advertisement due to people be thinking they'll see that also on the DVDs.
Yeah, if the other parts I've ordered don't have the slip-covers I'll take part one's out or sell it.
Regarding the logo, I may be wrong but I don't think Manga have any right to change the actual footage, think all they got was to be able to license in the U.K hence why they can disclude the slip-covers and change the logo on the boxart again I maybe wrong but that is the best explanation I can come up with.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Image

Why? It looks much better.
I'm hoping your actual reply was something more along the lines of explaining that it, in a way, censors something that was actually originally drawn by the original creator and overall clashes with the older look of the show instead of "looks better", though. It'll probably get the point across a lot better and not make him think it's just your opinion on it.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:13 am

Precisely Rukura but it was kinda pointless because it's already set in stone so it couldn't be changed.

Here's hoping Manga UK uses Madman's Dragon Ball "Saga" collections instead of the Blue Bricks, in case they do I will happily pre-order it without waiting for a price drop.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:17 am

Got my UK GT set today 3 days early. I'm amazed at how fast it came as I only ordered it yesterday from an ebay seller in the late afternoon.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Added Dragon Ball GT: Season Two with original GT logo credits to Zavvi.

P.S.: If any of you have any questions about Dragon Ball UK releases contact Manga UK they're cool with it, imo.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Mr. Hardstone

Post by Mr. Hardstone » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Picked up mine in my local HMV today and as soon as I opened it I noticed an error with the episode numbering. Disc 1 is 1-7, Disc 2 is 8-14, and, well...

Interested to confirm if this is universal, or just my copy? If it is universal, I have to assume it's not on the US version, right?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Mr. Hardstone wrote:Picked up mine in my local HMV today and as soon as I opened it I noticed an error with the episode numbering. Disc 1 is 1-7, Disc 2 is 8-14, and, well...
Interested to confirm if this is universal, or just my copy? If it is universal, I have to assume it's not on the US version, right?
There's more reports of this too, such as one posted on Manga UK's Facebook:
Oh Manga UK, take your time with it.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray