All music

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

All music

Post by BrollysKin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:53 pm

I was wondering what CD's I would need to get if I wanted ALL of the Japanese music for the entire dragonball series. I read the Music section but it sounds like there are some tracks missing on the complete music collection. If you could inform me on what I would need and where to purchases legit copies, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:22 am

Well, there are two CD's that has only movie BGM, those are Ongakushu (correct me, if I'm spelling it wrong :P ) Volume 1 and 2. There are some legal copies still around on CDJapan and Amazon I think. There is also a OST of Movie 10 and 11 but I think you'll only find SonMay Bootleg of those out there. And of course the 10th Anniversary CD. That sums it up I think.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:13 pm

Unfortunately, even if you get all of those CDs, which is most certainly a lot of the music, there just aren't any releases that have ever been out containing *all* the music.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:37 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Unfortunately, even if you get all of those CDs, which is most certainly a lot of the music, there just aren't any releases that have ever been out containing *all* the music.
The funny thing is, if only they didn't repeat A TON of the BGM that appears on previous CDs, we'd have more than enough albums for a complete set of the BGM. The 5-disc set repeated a lot of the music from the two Ongakushu volumes (indeed, Ongakushu vol. 1 has barely a piece on it that ISN'T on the 5-disc set), and the BGM Collection is basically an improvement on the Z music from the 5-disc set, with 60 or so previously-unreleased pieces adding on to it. It's really frustrating because there's still (at a guess) about 300 pieces from Z that aren't on any CD.
It would really be nice if they also released a DragonBall BGM Collection, and yet another for GT, because DragonBall is probably two-thirds unreleased BGM, and GT's gotta be something like nine-tenths unreleased BGM (not counting the theme songs).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.