Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks compared to Evil Boo?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks compared to Evil Boo?

Post by Kakashi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:11 pm

SSjin 3 Gotenks was about to beat Evil Boo but Evil Boo says he was surpassed once Gohan appears. Who is stronger?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks compared to Evil Boo?

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Gotenks was stronger, but I don't think the difference was considerable. Gohan was way stronger than Super Boo, so there was more emphasis on his power.

At the very least, Gotenks is on-par with Super Boo, as mentioned by Piccolo.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:05 pm

SSJ3 Gotenks seems to have a small lead. I have both here:
SSJ3 Gotenks: 144,000,000,000
Evil Buu: 126,000,000,000
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:24 pm

I have SS3 Gotenks a lot stronger than Evil Boo. Just that he's an idiot and when he becomes serious, it's already too late.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:51 pm

He's most likely decently stronger than Super Buu judging by how the fight went. Comparable to the advantage Goku had over Freeza or Pure Buu had over Mr. Buu. He's an idiot though, resulting in him losing the fight and later getting outwitted and absorbed.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:00 pm

I think Gotenks is a little stronger but not enough that Buu's ego would force him to admit it like with Gohan.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:41 pm

So Ultimate Gohan >> SSjin 3 Gotenks >/~ Evil Boo?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Kakashi wrote:So Ultimate Gohan >> SSjin 3 Gotenks >/~ Evil Boo?
Buu's comment in regards to Gotenks leaves it possible for him to potentially be stronger, but regardless which of the two is more powerful, it's not by a lot.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I am quite confused as to which Buu we are talking about. If it's the leaner pink one that Gotenks mainly fights, it's pretty clear they're on par with each other. The problem is Gotenks is stupid and Buu has a lot of cheap abilities. Which of course fuels the fun...
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:52 pm

B wrote:I am quite confused as to which Buu we are talking about. If it's the leaner pink one that Gotenks mainly fights, it's pretty clear they're on par with each other. The problem is Gotenks is stupid and Buu has a lot of cheap abilities. Which of course fuels the fun...
SSJ3 Gotenks was about to deliver the finishing blow to a very bruised Super Buu when he ran out of time and defused. Considering that Buu has significant advantages in terms of stamina and regeneration compared to Gotenks, it seems clear to me that the mere fact that Gotenks was able to go that far agaisnt him means that SSJ3 Gotenks was indeed superior in terms of power. Not by a LOT, but still superior.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Yes, I think Gotenks is superior to Evil Boo by a slight margin. However, he's still on the same level as Evil Boo, while Gohan was simply on the next level from both. That's why Evil Boo distinguishes between the two in saying that Gohan was the first to surpass him.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:49 pm

SSJ3 Gotenks was only slightly stronger than Super Buu. Gohan wasn't much stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks because Trunks said that. So SSJ3 Gotenks atleast had an (1.15x) advantage on Super Buu.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Piccolo jr wrote:SSJ3 Gotenks was only slightly stronger than Super Buu. Gohan wasn't much stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks because Trunks said that. So SSJ3 Gotenks atleast had an (1.15x) advantage on Super Buu.
Trunks is also an arrogant idiot. Gotenks was roughly on par with Buu, while Gohan thrashed him. Trunks is clearly just trying to make Gotenks sound better than he is.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Piccolo jr wrote:SSJ3 Gotenks was only slightly stronger than Super Buu. Gohan wasn't much stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks because Trunks said that. So SSJ3 Gotenks atleast had an (1.15x) advantage on Super Buu.
Trunks is also an arrogant idiot. Gotenks was roughly on par with Buu, while Gohan thrashed him. Trunks is clearly just trying to make Gotenks sound better than he is.
What are your numbers for Super Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Piccolo jr wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
what are your numbers for Super Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan and Buutenks?
I don't do numbers. If I did, I'd have Gotenks a bit stronger than Buu, with Gohan much stronger than that. Not twice as strong as Gotenks though, since Buutenks was much stronger than he was. So, I guess something like this could work.
Super Buu-10
Gotenks-12
Gohan-17
Buutenks-22
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Why do you have Gohan so close to Buutenks? Gohan couldn't even land a hit on him. Buutenks was probably toying with him.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Piccolo jr wrote:Why do you have Gohan so close to Buutenks? Gohan couldn't even land a hit on him. Buutenks was probably toying with him.
...An almost 23% difference isn't enough? It's bigger than the difference between any of the Namek fights. I guess Gohan could be lowered to 16 or something, but I don't see why it's necessary.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Piccolo jr wrote:Why do you have Gohan so close to Buutenks? Gohan couldn't even land a hit on him. Buutenks was probably toying with him.
...An almost 23% difference isn't enough? It's bigger than the difference between any of the Namek fights. I guess Gohan could be lowered to 16 or something, but I don't see why it's necessary.
Yeah you should bring Gohan a little down to 16 or even 15.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Piccolo jr wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Yeah you should bring Gohan a little down to 16 or even 15.
I just put the numbers there because you asked for them. All that's necessary, IMO, is for there to be decent sized gaps between Gotenks, Gohan, and Buutenks. The actual numbers don't matter. But having Gohan really close to Gotenks doesn't work for me, going by what we see in the manga. It's makes more sense, IMO, to just assume that Trunks is acting like his usual self, and being an arrogant idiot.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Although Boo was only expecting Gohan to be stronger than him, I think he ended up biting off a bit more than he could chew with Gotenks. I usually consider Gotenks stronger than him, but it would only be by a very little.

The specific power gaps aren't important. However one thinks Gotenks compares to Boo, it only really needs to be enough that when their powers are added together, Boo becomes significantly stronger than Gohan.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!