DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:30 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
coola wrote:May i ask, if you guys borrowed idea of albino Namekians from 1st trailer od Dragon Ball Evolution, where Piccolo was white?
Naw, it was just an original throwaway joke, referring to Kuririn being bald, much like the Namekians, but having a light skin, pinkish skin tone. It's funny how that joke grew into a huge part of Guru's character for us almost immediately after that, though.

Also! If you haven't seen it yet:
http://teamfourstar.com/video/want-kill ... -parody-3/
Out of curiosity, how often does that happen? Throwaway jokes becoming big character points?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

DynasticHunter
Beyond Newbie

Post by DynasticHunter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:31 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
I'm pretty sick of Frozen, but I really liked this xP
steam: broccoili

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:28 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
coola wrote:May i ask, if you guys borrowed idea of albino Namekians from 1st trailer od Dragon Ball Evolution, where Piccolo was white?
Naw, it was just an original throwaway joke, referring to Kuririn being bald, much like the Namekians, but having a light skin, pinkish skin tone. It's funny how that joke grew into a huge part of Guru's character for us almost immediately after that, though.

Kaiser, come here, I'm gonna kiss you for this. No no, wife says its ok, come here.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:

Out of curiosity, how often does that happen? Throwaway jokes becoming big character points?
This sort of happened with the Jockstrap incident, actually.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Ah the Jockstrap incident. Still never got that shovel back from Freeza. >.>

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:47 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Ah the Jockstrap incident. Still never got that shovel back from Freeza. >.>
Funny, I bought a shovel off him in exchange for keeping his secret about losing a poker game to Appule.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:17 pm

When will TFS DragonBall Z Kai Abridged Parody Episode 2 come out? Will it even be made? I loved the original TFS Kai Episode 1.
Some of my favourite lines ever are from that episode.

"And now i'm the dead. Bleh"

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystic Buu » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:55 am

Flame Dragon wrote:When will TFS DragonBall Z Kai Abridged Parody Episode 2 come out? Will it even be made? I loved the original TFS Kai Episode 1.
Some of my favourite lines ever are from that episode.

"And now i'm the dead. Bleh"
Who knows.I think they didn't say anything about it.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:35 am

Hey, new episode's up!

"Aww, but cells are boring!"

Many a chuckle to be had.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:14 am

Video isn't working properly for me, it's just skipping between individual frames like I'm watching a sideshow or something (as in, frozen picture of all three Androids, cut to 18 without movement, cut to 17 without movement, etc). So I guess I'll wait for it to go up on youtube. I hate my internet.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:02 am

I enjoyed the new episode, the ending and post-ending were particularly great, and I'm loving the androids' personalities. As a physicist, I appreciated the section on time travel :P

Say, which DBZ release does the footage for Abridged come from? Is it the orange bricks for season 1 and the Dragon Boxes for the rest?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:27 pm

I am really impressed by the mobile site. Without a YouTube link, I went to the TFS site; worked great on my phone. I was able to watch the episode no problem. It's also aesthetically nice to look at.

The Piccolo and Kami "hm" scene was my favorite. Also liked the scene with Lucky Foods truck being begrudgingly chosen, and Gohan's time travel illustration.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Loved it! Needed this for a good laugh in the morning.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Great stuff! Great comedic timing with the android dialogue.
I play baseball and work in LA.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:31 pm

"Hey Yamcha, how's it ha...going?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice Cell foreshadowing, too
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 am

jjgp1112 wrote:"Hey Yamcha, how's it ha...going?"
Probably my favourite line in the whole thing. :lol: And Trunks' reaction to the reply. Soooo good.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:56 am

Hey, if having to endure humanity and civilization as we know it getting wiped out so that I never have to listen to country music again... SIGN ME UP FOR THAT!!!

But my favorite exchange was:

Kuririn: And I got kissed by the cute one!
Yamucha: ...You mean the clown...?
Kuririn: No, there's a girl one now.
Yamucha: I don't believe you.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:07 am

jjgp1112 wrote:"Hey Yamcha, how's it ha...going?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice Cell foreshadowing, too
I preferred the "hanging in there" line :lol: :lol:
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm

I honestly don't understand why TFS has to go out of their way to make Bulma so incredibly unlikable. I'm not really digging 17's voice either.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:41 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I honestly don't understand why TFS has to go out of their way to make Bulma so incredibly unlikable. I'm not really digging 17's voice either.
We write Bulma how we write Bulma. We ARE trying to make her less of an aggressor in terms of her attitude, but when you accentuate character traits like we do...

As for 17: Most people like his voice. We definitely like his voice.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/